PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about the 2008 cycle and...

Karl
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Here are some thoughts I had about what could serve to be very useful this time around.

Ron Paul Response Team- to respond to slander pieces in the media. I had this idea last time around but it was a bit late in coming into fruition. The idea was to have a team of people who are skilled writers to respond in a very intelligent and easy to understand way to every hit piece put out about Ron Paul. Then to have supporters spread it as wide and far. Great places would be on the comments of the article over and over, or via social media. If it is a video hit piece, put out a video on youtube. Great way is the use of social media and bookmarks in my opinion. Not to say it will have the same impact as the mass media, but something is better than nothing and that is mostly what we had last election season besides a mass of comments.

Consolidate Fund Raising Efforts- I know many people have separate ideas on how to spend the money. Like the blimp idea, there was a lot of division over it. I think we can all agree that we are up against a corporate funding monster and our actions would be much more significant if we combine our efforts and be really strategic about how the money is spent. The idea I had was to have a single site (or forums section, hint hint) where participants submit ideas, create an election process to choose which ones will be funded, and have them posted up for support on the sites front page. Details can be hashed out but you get the idea.

A media Team- Last election season there were a lot of talented people working independently of one another. However, we may have been more efficient had we had them consolidated into a single group where they could decide which projects were a priority and work together to get things done more efficiently and where it matters most. Along with this is the next idea…

A place to consolidate all campaign material produced by the grassroots- A site that does nothing but host media (printable material, video and audio). There are different types of events and people out there and it helps to have targeted media to hand out. What I noticed in the last election season was that you would see multiples of the same things getting created all over the place. I would see a "end the drug war" flyer on the forum, and then see another one pop up and it was pretty much saying the same things. I think it would be beneficial to all of us and to Ron Paul's campaign efforts if more effort was given to organizing these activities so we can be more efficient.

It would be awesome to have at least ONE well made video to hand out to people- Last election season there were probably somewhere around 10 floating around and there seemed to be some disagreement on which one was the best. Had everybody come to somewhat of an agreement as to which was THE video to use, we could have raised money and produced enough to get to every person in Iowa and New Hampshire. I know one individual named Neal who put aside months out of his life (which he suffered financially for) and work so that he can produce a video and printable materials for people all over the country. Around the time he finished it, several videos came out which I can only imagine was a lot of work for their creators. If only they would have connected and worked together to make one awesome video, they probably could have saved themselves a lot of grief and got everybody on the same page when we did the DVD Bomb and DVD Project. Last time we got 35,000 DVD's made. I want to go bigger this time and get them into the hands of supporters in Iowa and New Hampshire very early so they have time to pass them out.

We should probably focus efforts on the states that matter- Campaigning in California is a lot less important than say Iowa or New Hampshire.

It is pretty essential, I think, to join and participate in the Republican Party- Ultimately so you can be a delegate. If we do not have delegates present at the national convention, Ron Paul will not win the nomination. No nomination, no chance of being president. We must make this a priority this time. Last time we were all wondering what a delegate was. LOL, but we have way way more experience now.

PROBLEM TO FORSEE...
Electors in these States are not bound by State Law to cast their vote for a specific candidate based on popular vote. Organized activism is needed to hold these people accountable to ensure they vote based on the popular vote.

ARIZONA - 10 Electoral Votes 

ARKANSAS - 6 Electoral Votes 

DELAWARE - 3 Electoral Votes

GEORGIA - 15 Electoral Votes 

IDAHO - 4 Electoral Votes

ILLINOIS - 21 Electoral Votes

INDIANA - 11 Electoral Votes

IOWA - 7 Electoral Votes

KANSAS - 6 Electoral Votes

KENTUCKY - 8 Electoral Votes

LOUISIANA - 9 Electoral Votes 

MINNESOTA - 10 Electoral Votes
MISSOURI - 11 Electoral Votes

NEW HAMPSHIRE - 4 Electoral Votes 

NEW JERSEY - 15 Electoral Votes 

NEW YORK - 31 Electoral Votes 

NORTH DAKOTA - 3 Electoral Votes 

PENNSYLVANIA - 21 Electoral Votes 

RHODE ISLAND - 4 Electoral Votes 

SOUTH DAKOTA - 3 Electoral Votes 

TENNESSEE - 11 Electoral Votes

TEXAS - 34 Electoral Votes

UTAH - 5 Electoral Votes 

WEST VIRGINIA - 5 Electoral Votes

Those are just some issues that I feel would significantly help our efforts. I just wanted to share them and would be happy to assist in organizing anyway I can!