PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT CALL OR MAIL THE CAMPAIGN: They work on it!

goldstandard
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Just to keep everyone updated::)

from dailypaul:

Jane Aitken in New Hampshire, who is working closely with the campaign writes:

I have a request and that is that you stop calling the campaign with your complaints. I have offered to work with them on the critique. This is not set in stone, and can be redone. These are real supporters, not actors. I know most of them. Sure Ron could be smiling, and the script could be better. I am going to watch it carefully and send them my suggestions.

But please stop inundating Kent with phone calls and emails OK?
It would be appreciated.

Thanks...

UtahApocalypse
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Amen!!,

As I have said a zillion times on these forums, DO NOT CALL/E-MAIL THE CAMPAIGN. They have much, much more important things to be dealing.

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
thank you gold :)

Thunder
10-27-2007, 07:11 PM
bump

goldstandard
10-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Bump. Sorry, posted first bump in another thread.

DJ RP
10-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Amen!!,

As I have said a zillion times on these forums, DO NOT CALL/E-MAIL THE CAMPAIGN. They have much, much more important things to be dealing.

Well SOMEBODY needs to contact them if there is a big consensus that it could be improved but I definitely agree that we don't need angry people calling and we don't need people calling if somebody has already spoken to them.

But not calling at all wouldn't be wise. Ron paul has a lot of smart fans and they have some good ideas.

But we have to be polite and CONSTRUCTIVE. When people go around saying "WORST ACTING EVER" and shit it can be offensive as those people are probably real supporters if not FRIENDS of ron paul!

Bradley in DC
10-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Everyone here can email the campaign all they want--so long as they volunteer at HQ and answer as many as you send first! :D

Same for phone calls. ;)

axiomata
10-27-2007, 07:39 PM
From now on, when a large portion of the grassroots community here feels a certain way, and feels that the campaign should know of their feelings, I propose that instead of hundreds of emails, of varying degrees of professionalism, flooding campaign's email boxes, we should compose a SINGLE letter on these forums, edit it as a group, and collect signatures.

centure7
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
From now on, when a large portion of the grassroots community here feels a certain way, and feels that the campaign should know of their feelings, I propose that instead of hundreds of emails, of varying degrees of professionalism, flooding campaign's email boxes, we should compose a SINGLE letter on these forums, edit it as a group, and collect signatures.

Agreed!

Vaughn
10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
"I have a request and that is that you stop calling the campaign with your complaints. I have offered to work with them on the critique. This is not set in stone, and can be redone. These are real supporters, not actors. I know most of them. Sure Ron could be smiling, and the script could be better. I am going to watch it carefully and send them my suggestions.
It would be appreciated.
Thanks.."
thats from the campaign, they are on top of it.

Nate K
10-27-2007, 09:02 PM
iight it's not set in stone, that's good. no more calling it'll smooth itself out.

Primbs
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
At least our campaign has a grassroots that cares. None of the other campaigns have supporters like Ron Paul.

goldstandard
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
You can say what you want: They care and listen to us.

Geronimo
10-27-2007, 10:03 PM
"I have a request and that is that you stop calling the campaign with your complaints. I have offered to work with them on the critique. This is not set in stone, and can be redone. These are real supporters, not actors. I know most of them. Sure Ron could be smiling, and the script could be better. I am going to watch it carefully and send them my suggestions.
It would be appreciated.
Thanks.."
thats from the campaign, they are on top of it.
Did you read the first post?

Vaughn
10-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Did you read the first post?

yea i thought I quoted there...oh well, its a good thing that the campaign is on it. They have done fine with the Radio ads and the booklets so lets give them time to fix this.

Exponent
10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
At least our campaign has a grassroots that cares. None of the other campaigns have supporters like Ron Paul. (emphasis added)
Ron Paul is indeed supportive, and very caring. ;):D

MozoVote
10-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm sure the campaign understands that it needs to keep donors happy. They aren't tone-deaf.

I do wish people could be a LITTLE less trigger happy. Some of the criticisms about "phony actors" were excessive.

Maybe future ad efforts will involve a little more screening, before launching them on the masses.

jaumen
10-27-2007, 11:06 PM
If dealing with real supporters, rather than feeding people who aren't actors scripted lines, one should simply ask them leading questions and let them answer, filming the whole time. Then you get lines such as what you want them to say, and when they say them, it sounds believeable, no horrible acting or line reading involved.

MozoVote
10-27-2007, 11:10 PM
I agree. Videotape is cheap. Use a few dozen people, toss out 3/4 of the tape. You will get enough good clips to piece together a nice set of "real people" dialogues.

Where I work we periodically have teleconferences. There is definately a "telepromter stare" and speaking pace that happens when you have prepared text. It's natural in a TV kind of way but unnatural in a conversational way. You can definately sense it.

That's what makes RP's speeches so good. He needs few notes, and no teleprompter. It's more of an an off-the-cuff honestly, and professorish lecture kind of delivery.

constituent
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM
didn't realize they were dropping a commercial on us this weekend.

and all the fuss? just a quick scan and i'm not seeing them, though
i suppose they've been hot topics?

for real, what is with everyone?

Malakai0
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow a lot of you are behaving like children.

You really want to ruin your own cause, keep nagging the campaign to death.