PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Daniels R.I.P. President Daniels

Lucille
05-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Vox Day (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/05/wnd-column_16.html):

However, what ultimately dooms Daniels is not his height, his hair, his history or his geographic location. It's not even his suspected distaste for issues dear to the hearts of social conservatives sparked by his talk of a "truce" on them. What has rendered him unelectable, and possibly unfit for the governor's office he now holds, is a recent decision by the Indiana Supreme Court, with the majority opinion written by Daniels's sole nominee.
[...]
This horrific decision by the Indiana judges means that Americans, or at least Americans who happen to be living in Indiana, have fewer rights than medieval Englishmen. The decision isn't merely incorrect, it is a grotesque insult to the Fourth Amendment, to the United States Constitution, to the American Revolution, indeed, to the very concept of America itself. America is not a police state, and it is a travesty to claim that a nation born in violence against the legally constituted authorities does not have a right to resist them in their own homes.

And Daniels has thus far remained silent on the issue, when anything short of an abject apology for David's appointment combined with a demand for David's immediate resignation, and the resignation of the other two judges who sided with David, is absolutely necessary for him to remain a credible governor, let alone a president. And even if he does do as he must, the Indiana court decision raises serious questions about what sort of appointments Daniels would make in the unlikely event he were to find himself in the White House.

Ron Paul aside, the present slate of potential Republican candidates is an insipid and uninspiring collection of political hacks. But unless he acts swiftly to end his judicial appointee's attack on both the U.S. Constitution and the common law, Daniels will have demonstrated himself to be easily the worst of a bad lot.

Sola_Fide
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Someone else here reads Vox Day???

Lucille
05-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Every day!

Teaser Rate
05-16-2011, 10:00 AM
The author of the article is obviously not familiar with the idea of the separation of powers.

crhoades
05-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Limbaugh is covering this now.

crhoades
05-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Just mentioned it was a mitch Daniels appointee.

rp08orbust
05-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Will this really hurt Mitch Daniels with very many Republicans besides liberty-loving Ron Paul supporters?

Sola_Fide
05-16-2011, 10:15 AM
The author of the article is obviously not familiar with the idea of the separation of powers.

He's criticizing Daniel's judicial appointments and his silence on the issue. The author understands separation of powers.

Sola_Fide
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Will this really hurt Mitch Daniels with very many Republicans besides liberty-loving Ron Paul supporters?

Don't know. One can only hope.

Lucille
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM

I was pleasently surprised at all the outrage over this on HotAir.

Teaser Rate, please go tell VD that to his virtual face (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/05/wnd-column_16.html).

Sola_Fide
05-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Vox is one of those WorldNetDaily guys who endorsed Ron in 2008 and will endorse him again.

He is a solid anti-war anti-Fed pro-civil liberty Christian Libertarian. His blog is really good.

Teaser Rate
05-16-2011, 07:40 PM
He's criticizing Daniel's judicial appointments and his silence on the issue. The author understands separation of powers.

He clearly doesn't. From the article:

And Daniels has thus far remained silent on the issue, when anything short of an abject apology for David's appointment combined with a demand for David's immediate resignation, and the resignation of the other two judges who sided with David, is absolutely necessary for him to remain a credible governor, let alone a president.

Johncjackson
05-17-2011, 10:32 AM

I used to read him like.. 10-12 years ago on WND. Didn't even know he was still around. I stopped reading WND when I realized the site was rabidly pro-war and anti-libertarian. I came to the site through a Harry Browne column. So I was a little confused.

Lucille
05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I used to read him like.. 10-12 years ago on WND. Didn't even know he was still around. I stopped reading WND when I realized the site was rabidly pro-war and anti-libertarian. I came to the site through a Harry Browne column. So I was a little confused.

Re WND, both VD and Ilana Mercer are anti-war. They have a variety of commentators:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=46