PDA

View Full Version : Who is Ron Paul's campaign manager?

dude58677
05-16-2011, 07:51 AM
If it isn't :collins:, should it be :collins:?

libertybrewcity
05-16-2011, 08:00 AM
good question. I hope he is seasoned and good.

w2992
05-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Jesse Benton is the best!

Matt Collins
05-16-2011, 08:35 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/4318393788_141674c675_b.jpg

jrskblx125
05-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I think its benton. He wrote an op ed on fox making the case for ron paul

Karl
05-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I heard it was Benton as well.

trey4sports
05-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Benton. Ron trusts him, and he ran and won Rands campaign.

libertybrewcity
05-16-2011, 09:25 AM
How many campaigns has Benton won?

Karl
05-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Not sure, but I have heard some pretty major criticism against him. Not that it matters all that much because there are always critics, but I have heard he married Ron's granddaughter. So that may have something to do with him being selected.

Matt Collins
05-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Not sure, but I have heard some pretty major criticism against him. Not that it matters all that much because there are always critics, but I have heard he married Ron's granddaughter. So that may have something to do with him being selected.
I used to be one of his biggest critics. But I think we have all learned a lot since them, and he did play a major role in Rand's campaign so I have confidence in him this time.

But don't expect perfection out of any campaign ever. If you seek perfection in a campaign you're going to be disappointed 100% of the time regardless of who's campaign it is and / or who is running it.

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Jesse Benton is the best!

PLEASE NO! - ugh!

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Benton. Ron trusts him, and he ran and won Rands campaign.

I heard it was DESPITE him....

Karl
05-16-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't expect perfection and I can't say my frustration from last election had anything to do with him personally, but I really wish the campaign was more involved in organizing our efforts. I know there is a tight rope to walk with the FEC but it seemed like there was little to no cooperation. They were just sort of doing the stereotypical campaign things and that wasn't working. Thank God we have some intelligent movers and shakers in the grassroots or we would have been dead in the water.

steph3n
05-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Benton is more like a bodyguard than manager....

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 10:20 AM
We will be "dead in the water" if we allow them to continue as they are. A "traditional" campaign is boring as shit, and it means a mega LOOSE for us. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!

w2992
05-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Trevor Lyman is a great option also! Perhaps there is a good one for each state?

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't expect perfection and I can't say my frustration from last election had anything to do with him personally, but I really wish the campaign was more involved in organizing our efforts. I know there is a tight rope to walk with the FEC but it seemed like there was little to no cooperation. They were just sort of doing the stereotypical campaign things and that wasn't working. Thank God we have some intelligent movers and shakers in the grassroots or we would have been dead in the water.

From recent discussions, the campaign will be communicating with the grassroots much more effectively this time around. I have already seen evidence that they are watching and incorporating parts of what is said, here and elsewhere...

We will be "dead in the water" if we allow them to continue as they are. A "traditional" campaign is boring as shit, and it means a mega LOOSE for us. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!

Hyperbole fail.

A balance between traditional campaigning, and r3VOLution activism is pure win. Traditional campaigning might be "boring as shit" to you, but it is what will get the votes we need to win a GOP primary. These typical GOP primary voters...

http://www.isledegrande.com/republican/images/rep-women12-9-10.jpg

...are not that impressed with r3VOLution...

Karl
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
hahaha

glad to hear it. last time I wanted to pull my hair out.

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
And what retirement home did that come from?

I see one I MIGHT consider dating, if she had a fantastic personality - and maybe if I was drunk....

:D

Do these ppl really vote?

I've never seen them at the polls.

Your point is?

Traditional campaigning is boring as shit with the teens and college students - that is our real base!

BUSHLIED
05-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Right now he has a guy named Steve from C4L running the IOWA campaign which is very important, this guy is focused, energetic, and dedicated. I think we will see good things coming from IOWA. I would restrain judgment on Jesse, if you have never met him. But I am curious to hear what the criticism is of Jesse, since I haven't heard anything specific about him...

Matt Collins
05-16-2011, 10:52 AM

Your point is?

Traditional campaigning is boring as shit with the teens and college students - that is our real base!

Boring = winning.
A flash in the pan = losing.

Traditional campaigning is traditional because it works. It's marketing 101 and political science. This means things are quantifiable.

And yes I believe the average voting age is 62 or so therefore the Republican "base", and thus our target audience, must be that age demographic.

Karl
05-16-2011, 11:05 AM
You have to go early enough, these people have breakfast at 4am, hahaha

Karl
05-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I heard several things but I am totally reserving my opinion at this time.

One complaint was that he was over booking Ron so his appearances were becoming less and less eloquent as he got tired.
Another is that he dropped the ball on some opportunities that were discussed here on the forum that could have done a lot to promote Ron.
The "newsletter" thing was not addressed fully and was sort of swept under the rug.
The commercials, slim jims and other material they put out was late, and let's be frank, was terrible. I mean, I was not impressed with it at all to be perfectly honest.
The fact that it was ran like a typical political candidates campaign. I am sorry, Ron Paul is far from typical. It is like watching George Washington trotting around trying to gain the attention of the Republican Party by playing by the rules.

Now, I don't know how much involvement Jesse has in what happens behind the scenes. This could all be somebody else's fault, or nobodies. I really don't know. They were somewhat valid complaints back then but hey, the grassroots made up where they were lacking. Yay for us!

schiffheadbaby
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
why does ron not pick a manager based on merit instead of nepotism?

I'm a huge Ron fan but it's bs to pick an intellectual lightweight like benton who gets a gig because he married some girl. What a joke america has become

LukeP
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
why does ron not pick a manager based on merit instead of nepotism?

I'm a huge Ron fan but it's bs to pick an intellectual lightweight like benton who gets a gig because he married some girl. What a joke america has become

Umm, I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I believe he was Ron's PR guy even before married the chick.

Ethek
05-16-2011, 11:25 AM
I believe Benton will be the campaign chairman, I know who the deputy campaign manager will be... No idea on who holds the official manager title.

trey4sports
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
The biggest difference is that the campaign is ready to WIN this time, whereas last time they were really running a campaign to just get the word out. I have all the confidence in the world that Jesse will do a good job.

When the game got real in 2010, Benton delivered a win. The campaign has shown a willingness to work with the grassroots and im confident we have a solid framework in place.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Well everyone already knows my thoughts on the matter :|

LibertyEagle
05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Boring = winning.

Traditional campaigning is traditional because it works. It's marketing 101 and political science. This means things are quantifiable.

And yes I believe the average voting age is 62 or so therefore the Republican "base", and thus our target audience, must be that age demographic.

+rep

libertybrewcity
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Boring = winning.

Yes, this is the truth.

Traditional is the only way to go. Physical activism wins elections, not voting in online polls. Money bombs and phone calls are important too. Once the campaign revs up we should be out on the streets en masse going door to door, handing out literature, and talking to Republican voters. <<<<---proven method of success....well, forever.

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2011, 01:13 PM

I see one I MIGHT consider dating, if she had a fantastic personality - and maybe if I was drunk....

Your point is?

Google Image search "Republican Womens Club" and you will find all kinds of pictures that reveal the typical GOP primary voter.

http://www.gcrwc.com/images/SCFRWMarch10Board.jpg

While the r3VOLution may be able to do better than the ones who have tried before getting the youth vote out on election day, it is these "prime" voters who we KNOW will be voting and either making our jobs easier, or harder, at the county level.

Futher, I have worked with plenty of teens and college kids who disagree that traditional campaigns are "boring as shit", I respect that is the way you feel, but among potential youth voters, in my experience, your opinion is in the minority.

Again, there is nothing wrong with exploring novel approaches to mobilize the youth, but we ignore and belittle GOP prime voters at our own risk

Austin
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM

Your point is?

Please tell me this a joke post... Please?

Live Free or Die
05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
A balance between traditional campaigning, and r3VOLution activism is pure win. Traditional campaigning might be "boring as shit" to you, but it is what will get the votes we need to win a GOP primary. These typical GOP primary voters...
[pic]
...are not that impressed with r3VOLution...

+1,000,000

Boy howdy, I could tell you horror stories from the likes of the women in your photo. I haven't researched Iowa, but I know New Hampshire, and we have a preponderance of older folks here. Heck, half the Florida population in the winter months probably comes from NH.

Decades of traditional campaigning is what they're used to, and if you shout "RON PAUL!" and shove a sign/iphone video in their face, then you can just get the hell off their lawn.

UtahApocalypse
05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
How many campaigns has Benton won?

100% of the ones he managed.

RyanRSheets
05-16-2011, 03:03 PM
I heard it was DESPITE him....

People said Adams was a drain, and Hightower, too. I'm sure there is plenty we don't know, but one thing I do know is that politics is dirty business and someone's always going to have something negative to say. The campaign manager is important, but the people under him are more important.

I just hope he knows better than to deal with Sacha Baron Cohen at this point, lol.

steph3n
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
People said Adams was a drain, and Hightower, too. I'm sure there is plenty we don't know, but one thing I do know is that politics is dirty business and someone's always going to have something negative to say. The campaign manager is important, but the people under him are more important.

I just hope he knows better than to deal with Sacha Baron Cohen at this point, lol.

Look at Moffett to see the real Adams shine through, the guy was a ball o slime.

realtonygoodwin
05-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Please tell me this a joke post... Please?

I know, right!?

JohnGalt23g
05-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Your point is?

If you've never seen these people, then you clearly haven't spent enough time attending GOP functions. Which, if you haven't been told already, would be a really good idea if we are going to carry Dr. Paul over the nomination hump.