PDA

View Full Version : From the TSA's blog: "Go to hell, States"

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, this is an official blog of the TSA.

Most of the comments are epic.

Texas House of Representatives Seeking to Ban Current TSA Pat-Down

http://blog.tsa.gov/2011/05/texas-house-of-representatives-seeking.html

What's our take on the Texas House of Representatives voting to ban the current TSA pat-down? Well, the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article. VI. Clause 2) prevents states from regulating the federal government.

We wish we lived in a world where you could just walk on a plane with no security screening, but that just isn't the case unfortunately. Aviation security agencies worldwide have been using pat-downs long before TSA was created to prevent dangerous items from getting onto airplanes. The pat-down is a highly effective tool to resolve certain alarms and keep these dangerous items off of planes that could cause catastrophic damage. It's important to note that if a passenger (or bag) alarms during screening, our officers must resolve the alarm before allowing the passenger and their baggage on the airplane.

Here are some pat-down myths and facts:

Myth: Everyone who travels will receive a pat-down.

Fact: In fact, less than 3% of passengers receive pat-downs. Only passengers who alarm a walk through metal detector or AIT machine or opt out of the AIT receive a pat-down. In addition, some passengers may also receive a pat-down as part of our random, unpredictable security measures. In his testimony to a Senate subcommittee, Administrator Pistole said: "The bottom line is few people in the overall scheme of things will actually receive those pat downs. Now, we've heard some examples, and obviously, there's a vocal group out there who have experienced this for the first time, and, rightfully so, raising concerns, what's behind this. And the bottom line is we, the transportation security officers in particular, are trying to work in partnership with the traveling public to say we want to ensure that you are safe on this flight. Work with us in a partnership to provide the best possible security. And that's what it comes down to."

Myth: All children will receive pat-downs.

Fact: No. TSA officers are trained to work with parents to ensure a respectful screening process for the entire family, while providing the best possible security for all travelers. Children 12 years old and under who require extra screening will receive a modified pat down.

Myth: Complaints about the pat-downs are extremely high.

Fact: Only a small percentage of the traveling public receives a pat down as they travel through the security checkpoint. Between November 2010 and March 2011, TSA screened nearly 252 million people. In that same time period, we received 898 complaints from individuals who have experienced or witnessed a pat down. That's roughly 0.0004%.

Myth: Pat downs for certain individuals are limited to the head and neck.

Fact: No one is exempt. Everyone is subject to the same screening. TSA is sensitive to religious and cultural needs, but everyone must be screened effectively.

madengr
05-15-2011, 09:23 PM
So if it's a myth that all children receive pat downs, then how come kids under 12 get a modified pat down?

We could live a world where we just walk on a plane, preferably I could take my 1911. There was a time you could walk on a plane.

DamianTV
05-16-2011, 05:17 AM
I wonder what the Wright Bros would think of the TSA?

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 05:28 AM
http://www.bluecorncomics.com/pics/911guns.jpg

angelatc
05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Yes, this is an official blog of the TSA.

Most of the comments are epic.

I haven't clicked yet, and based on the above comment, I don't know if the comments are mocking TSA or hugging them for keeping us safe. That makes me very sad.

Superfly
05-16-2011, 06:54 AM
I haven't clicked yet, and based on the above comment, I don't know if the comments are mocking TSA or hugging them for keeping us safe. That makes me very sad.

I have a feeling you will enjoy 95% of the comments on the blog.

Bern
05-16-2011, 06:56 AM
These are not the laws you are looking for. /TSA

angelatc
05-16-2011, 06:58 AM
I have a feeling you will enjoy 95% of the comments on the blog.

I did. It's sad, but I never know any more.

Superfly
05-16-2011, 07:01 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5oakt1KHS1qc02w3o1_400.jpg

Superfly
05-16-2011, 07:02 AM
I did. It's sad, but I never know any more.

Oh I know, so many people just want to be "safe". I think more people are coming around to the fact that the government will NEVER keep you safe, though.

acptulsa
05-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Yeah. They hate states' rights. Just like they hate the fact that it's utterly impossible to bring down a huge, highly populated landmark with an automobile or a train.

The government still hates competition.

http://laughterandliberty.com/terror-plot-foiled/

Chester Copperpot
05-16-2011, 07:15 AM
those comments are great!

Freedom 4 all
05-16-2011, 07:26 AM
You know, I can remember a time when the government at least respected us enough to lie in a convincing manner. Now they just blatantly lie right to our faces. Only 899 people are upset about pat downs? LOL I bet I could walk down a street in any state and ask random people what they think and I'd have 900+ by the end of the day.

AdamT
05-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Commented.

Matt Collins
05-16-2011, 09:40 AM
This just MIGHT be the catalyst issue that sparks high magnitude friction between state governments and the federal government.