PDA

View Full Version : CNN 'Can't Help' But Play Conan Video Mocking Ron Paul As Intro to 2012 GOP Field

JacobG18
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Ron Paul may be considered a "fringe" conservative for his beliefs, but as a U.S. congressman running for a major party presidential ticket he received some bizarre coverage on CNN Friday. Anchor Carol Costello chuckled as the network played a clip of comedian Conan O'Brien mocking Paul's presidential bid, before asking her panel about the 2012 presidential field.

"We couldn't help but play a Conan O'Brien spot to lead into this Ron Paul segment," Costello admitted with a grin during the 10 a.m. EDT news hour Friday.

The clip featured TBS's O'Brien laughing at Paul's lax positions on the legalization of heroin and prostitution. "Yeah, his campaign slogan is 'Let's just see what would happen,'" O'Brien joked.

(Video after the break.)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2011/05/13/cnn-cant-help-play-video-mocking-ron-paul-covering-2012-gop-nominees

AdamT
05-15-2011, 06:50 PM
These talk show comedians just don't get it.

Freedom 4 all
05-15-2011, 06:52 PM
They "can't help" it because their globalist owners told them to.

Bruno
05-15-2011, 06:54 PM
What else would a credible news program do?

unconsious767
05-15-2011, 07:14 PM
One time warner station playing a clip from another time warner station. I believe this is what is known as a self reinforcing delusion.

kylejack
05-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Actually, that clip was pretty funny.

akforme
05-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Actually, that clip was pretty funny.

Just the slogan is pretty funny.

Ex Lux lucis
05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Their resistance is futile.

fisharmor
05-15-2011, 07:47 PM
One time warner station playing a clip from another time warner station. I believe this is what is known as a self reinforcing delusion.

Actually the technical term for what they're doing is 'poisoning the well'.
It's a logical fallacy, but one that works like gangbusters, and I think they know it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_the_well

Every time you hear someone say "I like him but he's never going to get the nomination" it's also an example of well poisoning.

Standing Like A Rock
05-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Actually, Conan's audience seemed to like that he wanted to legalize prostitution and heroin. Just sayin...

ronaldo23
05-15-2011, 08:14 PM
^^ this. conan's audience is young and even if they are liberal overall, most are for libertarianism on social issues, from legalizing drugs/gamblingto prostitution. Nobody under the age of 30 buys into the neo-con nonsense. That's why you don't see any younger Karl Rove's running around

Don Lapre
05-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Just the slogan is pretty funny.

Ditto.

That is frickin' HILARIOUS!

Funny guys will be funny guys.
No harm.

But CNN?

They 'had' to play it?

ummm...

pffft..

Worthless.

It's just the way it's gonna roll, fans.

JoshLowry
05-15-2011, 08:42 PM
^^ this. conan's audience is young and even if they are liberal overall, most are for libertarianism on social issues, from legalizing drugs/gamblingto prostitution. Nobody under the age of 30 buys into the neo-con nonsense. That's why you don't see any younger Karl Rove's running around

I guess you weren't at CPAC.

:(