PDA

View Full Version : "Does not look Presidential"

peruvianRP
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I heard a lady about Kunich and "others second tiers" candiate and she day that they don't have a chance because they dont look presidential..

I can't it just burns me how people say shit like that. "does not look presidential" what's does it mean? do I look presidential? do you guys look presidential?

What a moron that lady was.

nayjevin
06-11-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah doesn't look like he could fleece america with charisma alone.

angrydragon
06-11-2007, 07:05 PM
She'd probably vote for some dictator if he was hot.

mikelovesgod
06-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Kennedy rode that horse and won.

Looking presidential means looking strong probably with a large jaw. Rudy McRomnson has that feature, with Ghooliani have the least of the "look". I think standing up straight helps too.

Paul looks thin (because he's in great shape) and back slightly hunched when it talks and his eyes move a lot. That's why he doesn't look the part. Bush can look you in the eyes and lie to you. That's an art, and no one beat Billary Clinton. They must rehearse to each other.

1k9dupe
06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I kind of thought at one time, but the more I see him, the more I think he looks more presedential than any of the others. I especially liked the confidence and composure that he showed during the radio interview for NPR that was televised.

ChooseLiberty
06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Does Bush Jr. look presidential or even act presidential? Maybe Dr. Paul can start feeling up the German Chancellor or gaze deeply in Putin's eyes like Bush.

Once Dr. Paul gets into office he'll have plenty of people around to make him look presidential.

Bob Cochran
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
When you're flying around on Marine One and Air Force One and concentric rings of Secret Service agents, cops, and untold others surround you wherever you go, and you live in the White House, and you wear a sharp suit every day, and you sit your a$$ down in the chair behind the desk in the Oval Office every day, and every member of the Armed Services renders h(er/is) sharpest salute to you if you walk by them, and the Secretary of Defense calls you "sir", and you're on TV giving the State of the Union address, and Letterman and Leno are always making fun of you...

You look pretty freakin' presidential, no matter who you are

unless maybe you're George Dubya Bush

Shmuel Spade
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Carter still doesn't look the part.

ChooseLiberty
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Knowing Bush - wonder how many times he has cut cheese in that chair in the Oval Office. "Hey Condi, pull my finger! Gotcha. He he he."

When you're flying around on Marine One and Air Force One and concentric rings of Secret Service agents, cops, and untold others surround you wherever you go, and you live in the White House, and you wear a sharp suit every day, and you sit your a$$ down in the chair behind the desk in the Oval Office every day, and every member of the Armed Services renders h(er/is) sharpest salute to you if you walk by them, and the Secretary of Defense calls you "sir", and you're on TV giving the State of the Union address, and Letterman and Leno are always making fun of you...

You look pretty freakin' presidential, no matter who you are

unless maybe you're George Dubya Bush

cujothekitten
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Ask them if these guys look presidential

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/Wh9.gif/100px-Wh9.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Jb15.gif/100px-Jb15.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/Grover_Cleveland_portrait2.jpg/100px-Grover_Cleveland_portrait2.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/34/Ww28.gif/100px-Ww28.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Hhover.gif/100px-Hhover.gif
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/Abraham_Lincoln_half_length_seated%2C_April_10%2C_ 1865.jpg/220px-Abraham_Lincoln_half_length_seated%2C_April_10%2C_ 1865.jpg

rodent
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
She'd probably vote for some dictator if he was hot.

As much as I totally love Ron Paul, this post of yours is the reason I think democracy/constitutional republic/representative democracy will always fail. I don't have much faith in the people.

Life has gotten fairly complex in our western civilization, but the people at the core of the civilization have lost touch with the reasoning associated with survival. They're shielded and protected by systems [the welfare state + corporatism] that are subsidizing and promoting their stupidity.

The difference between me and liberals, of course, is this: I believe that even with all the problems and lack of intellect people have, it's STILL better to NOT have a "Big Brother" government involved in our lives to protect us in most situations.

lapi7
06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Anyone not intelligent enough to approve of substance over appearence deserves whatever they get.

Truth delivered in a disfigured box is more desiarble than sh*t delivered in a Tiffany's container. To ignore this fact would be like throwing away a flawless 5 carat diamond simply because it was delivered in a brown paper bag!

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Looks and charisma are a huge component to our modern Presidential elections, that cannot be denied. Can you imagine if someone who looked like Romney was delivering Dr. Paul's message? Some of the most common attacks on Dr. Paul have been claiming that he is "nervous","nutty","kooky", or "a crazy old uncle". To many people, Dr. Paul's conversational manner does not work well when he has a minute to answer a question on television. Many are looking for someone who looks calm, rehearsed , and well.. fake. Dr. Paul's supporters need to be creative to combat this phenomenon.

Ponce
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
If you really want to look at someone who looks not only presidential but also acts and talks presidential ........ look towards China.

In the other hand even a monkey looks more presidential than our current president...... hummmmmmm, as a matter of fact I have seen monkeys that looked more presidential than Bush.

In America is not the way that you look that makes you look presidential but the way you act......

With 78% of the US population against him why is he still in power???..... could it be because of the Neocons?......think about it.

Ron Paul in 2008

ThePieSwindler
06-11-2007, 10:32 PM
As much as I totally love Ron Paul, this post of yours is the reason I think democracy/constitutional republic/representative democracy will always fail. I don't have much faith in the people.

Life has gotten fairly complex in our western civilization, but the people at the core of the civilization have lost touch with the reasoning associated with survival. They're shielded and protected by systems [the welfare state + corporatism] that are subsidizing and promoting their stupidity.

The difference between me and liberals, of course, is this: I believe that even with all the problems and lack of intellect people have, it's STILL better to NOT have a "Big Brother" government involved in our lives to protect us in most situations.

Democracy fails, but you misue the word constitutional republic. A constitutional republic is necessary to PROTECT the individual and the minority from the mob rule of democracy. Much of the constitution - including the first amendment, is undemocratic in that it protects even the minority voices. Paul has written on this very subject:
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=178 <-- "Republic, not a democracy"

and the founding fathers also had thoughts on the matter of limited constitutional republic vs democracy

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=661 <-- "Sorry Mr Franklin, 'We're Democrats now'"

Read those to get a better understanding. Constitutional republics are the best form of government - one where the majority does indeed have influence on government, but where the individual is protected by the Rule of Law and is not at the mercy of the whims of mob rule.

Unfortunately, the US is trying to move away from Republicanism by abolishing the electoral college, etc, or by expanding government and using it against the people to invade privacy and infringe upon liberties. We need Ron Paul because he will reinstate the US as a Limited Constitutional republic.

lapi7
06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
...Some of the most common attacks on Dr. Paul have been claiming that he is "nervous","nutty","kooky", or "a crazy old uncle". To many people, Dr. Paul's conversational manner does not work well when he has a minute to answer a question on television. Many are looking for someone who looks calm, rehearsed , and well.. fake. Dr. Paul's supporters need to be creative to combat this phenomenon.

I strongly disagree.
To be true to yourself, you must BE yourself...
Anything less is a deception.
As stated in my previous post:

“Anyone not intelligent enough to approve of substance over apperance deserves whatever they get. Truth delivered in a disfigured box is more desirable than sh*t delivered in a Tifanny’s container. To ignor this fact would be like throwing away a flawless 5 carat diamond simply because it was delivered in a brown paper bag”