PDA

View Full Version : Economic: Jobs: Unemployment

Telkandore
05-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Many people I've been speaking with identify unemployment/job creation as their number one issue. While I can explain to them Ron's overarching views on economics, I can't seem to find an instance of him addressing unemployment specifically. And while I understand that the two are one and the same in the larger narrative, people are quite feverish as to what will be done in the interim. Any thoughts?

VIDEODROME
05-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Well I'm not sure I have a comforting explanation, but I think we've had artificially propped up Booms. Then when a bust happens the government tries to stop the corrective Recession.

So I'd say normally we should have a brief period of hard times except the current government's efforts have stretched out that pain into decades.

Zippyjuan
05-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Rather than the government creating jobs by spending tax money, Ron wants to make it easier for companies to create them by lowering taxes and regulations. If he reduces taxes for people by reducing the size of government, then they have more money to spend on purchasing goods and services- creating the demand for new jobs. A couple of "buts" though. This is not any quick fix. It will not swell up the job rolls in one year. And on the taxation side, he has said that while he would like to reduce taxes as much as possible, he would not like to cut taxes until the budget is balanced and under control. Get the over-due bills paid first. Short term, you won't see much happen. Longer term things should be better if he can acomplish what he wants to.

showpan
05-15-2011, 06:19 PM
"The relationship of monetary policy to unemployment is vey important. Unemployment is caused by the FED who create the bubbles that demand correction. The biggest fallacy we have is that we don't have a correction, we don't understand how we got here. We have too much debt and too much malinvestment and we haven't dealt with that. When you get too much of it, you have to liquidate it. When you get in over your head and you can't pay the bills, you either have to declare bankruptcy, work harder or take a new job. We can see this as an individual or a company but evidently, our economic theory now is that governments are exempt from those kind of economic rules." - Ron Paul

The FED causes inflation which devalues our dollar. Lowering interest rates encouraging companies to borrow, creating more debt who are then forced to "liqiudate" jobs and companies in order to pay off this debt. End this cycle and you create more jobs by forcing companies to grow and invest honestly.

"Decades of Financial subsidies have not created any more jobs for Americans" - Ron Paul

Ending subsidies that encourage companies to move and outsource will help to keep jobs here. Ending subsidies for agriculture to NOT grow food would also create more jobs.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/wind-power-equal-job-power/story?id=9759949

"The best thing government can do for job creation is to simply get out of the way" - Ron Paul