PDA

View Full Version : JPMorgan contest: name a nonprofit, make your case, win $25,000 for that cause

madcat033
10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I got this email:

Dear Undergraduate student,

The 2007-08 JPMorgan Good Venture Case Competition is open for registration!

After a very successful inaugural run last year in the US, Good Venture is now an international competition allowing students from around the world to participate in the competition for socially responsive graduate and undergraduate students! Register now at jpmorgan.com/goodventure. Deadline to submit your proposal is November 2, 2007.

What: Students choose a nonprofit they believe in -- and enter a proposal to win $25,000 in direct funding from JPMorgan.

How: Teams of up to four students make the case for a non-profit of their choice. Finalists will pitch to an investment board of JPMorgan executives and the winning team will actually have their proposal funded!

When: Registration deadline is November 2, 2007. The Finals will take place January 17-18, 2008.

Where: Finals will be held at JPMorgan headquarters in New York City. Travel and accommodations will be paid for by JPMorgan.

An incredible 146 teams from 89 graduate and undergraduate programs participated in the 2006-07 competition, and JPMorgan donated a total of $50,000 to two non-profits. The graduate winners were Lenders for Community Development, represented by the team from the Haas School of Business (Berkeley). The undergraduate winners were Quest Scholars, represented by the team from Stanford University.

For more information about the competition and to register, go to jpmorgan.com/goodventure

So what do you think? Any ideas on a nonprofit I could suggest that relates to Ron Paul / freedom / liberty / et cetera?

me3
10-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Wasn't JP Morgan one of the guys behind the Federal Reserve? This is pretty ironic. :D

madcat033
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Perhaps... I'm not too sure. It would DEFINITELY be ironic if we could use this money then to help dismantle the fed.

Any way we could use this contest to our advantage?