PDA

View Full Version : Oliver North on Fox : Time to Cut and Run From Afghanistan? | War Stories

doodle
05-15-2011, 04:31 PM
The downside is he may not have any "war stories" to tell if US did.

May 13, 2011

Time to Cut and Run From Afghanistan? | War Stories

This all has to be music to the ears of Vice President Joe Biden, long an opponent of the counter-insurgency campaign advocated by General David Petraeus. Count on the veep to make this argument in the days ahead as the administration decides how many U.S. troops to withdraw from Afghanistan this summer.

It's exactly the wrong message for our friends and enemies in the world's most volatile region.

There is no doubt that the May 2 Spec Ops mission taking out bin Laden was a dramatic success and an example of unique U.S. capabilities. Unfortunately, the administration's decision to reap a political and public relations windfall from the operation has adverse implications for protecting U.S. interests in Pakistan and checking Iranian efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

For an inside "boots on the ground' perspective on how to win a war -- and a "white knuckle ride" along with the eyewitness participants who are fighting it -- this documentary is true "reality television." It's doubtful that Sen. Kerry will be watching. He apparently never met a war he didn't want to lose.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/war-stories/transcript/colonel-corner/time-cut-and-run-afghanistan#ixzz1MSleWsRt

nobody's_hero
05-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Why do they always say 'cut and run'? That sounds like defeat, and it's only defeat if you let it be. What's the harm in declaring victory even if you lost? Heck, let the other side declare victory, too.

Everyone comes home 'victors.' —Everyone comes home.

doodle
05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
It seems to you are not only "putting a price tag on freedom" by asking such questions but may also be doubting the President while "America is at war" and "troops are in harms way".

Why not just "trust the President" and "fight them over there so we don't have to over here" instead of supporting "cut and run"?

USA

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Lol, at the criminal element of Faux Snooze.

emazur
05-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Why do they always say 'cut and run'? That sounds like defeat, and it's only defeat if you let it be. What's the harm in declaring victory even if you lost? Heck, let the other side declare victory, too.

Everyone comes home 'victors.' —Everyone comes home.

I remember reading somewhere that 'cut and run' originally had a positive meaning and refers to cutting a ship's anchor and quickly avoiding trouble like a storm or pirates. Not sure if this is true

TIMB0B
05-15-2011, 05:53 PM
There is no doubt that the May 2 Spec Ops mission taking out bin Laden...

Huh?

trey4sports
05-15-2011, 05:57 PM
wasn't he implicated in the Iran Contra affair? What a hack!

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
wasn't he implicated in the Iran Contra affair? What a hack!

Implicated?

He was convicted.

The conviction was overturned only because of the fact that a retrial was able to show that he was convicted, in part, by testimony he gave to Congress while under 5th Amendment "immunity" protection.

HRLYDVDCRDNS
02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
http://youtu.be/juxm4P4fnq8

It's sad that they allow this unethical person have his own show. Can anyone link a thread that has points on why Ronald Reagan was a good president. I hate Reagan, especially for his involvement in the Iran Contra Affair. I am open minded though.

Intoxiklown
02-18-2012, 10:24 AM
People that support our military involvement in the Middle East always baffle me. I always explain to them the mentality of the people we are fighting, and then pose the only two obvious solutions. Either we a) get out, and try peaceful diplomacy, or we b) exterminate the entire Middle East. I don't know what shocks me more, the people who actually support we start throwing nuclear weapons at the ME, or the people who say we can somehow "win" with our current policy.