PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Uses Anti-Muslim Conspiracy Theories to Justify Intelligence Expansion

Ex Lux lucis
05-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Mitt spins conspiracy theories about a supposed "Global Islamic Caliphate", which he uses to justify military expansion, more wiretapping, and intelligence expansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dejS5JPPk

falconplayer11
05-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I think we could do a lot in the way of discrediting Romney if we are just really sarcastic/cynical about this whole "Muslim-conspiracy" thing. This commercial is so humorous it almost makes him look as bad as Tancredo, who fears the Mexicans like Romney fears the Muslims. Maybe the media will start to not take him seriously if this Muslim issue is brought up all the time and shown for what it really is: irrational fear that gets in the way of sound thinking.

Except we might run into a problem if we find out that most of his supporters actually believe that Muslims are secretly trying to topple America...which is more than likely :(

Ex Lux lucis
05-15-2011, 02:31 PM
I think we could do a lot in the way of discrediting Romney if we are just really sarcastic/cynical about this whole "Muslim-conspiracy" thing. This commercial is so humorous it almost makes him look as bad as Tancredo, who fears the Mexicans like Romney fears the Muslims. Maybe the media will start to not take him seriously if this Muslim issue is brought up all the time and shown for what it really is: irrational fear that gets in the way of sound thinking.

Except we might run into a problem if we find out that most of his supporters actually believe that Muslims are secretly trying to topple America...which is more than likely :(

Well I think a few things are clear...

1. This is a great tool to convince Progressives/Liberals/Democrats to vote for Paul in the primaries.

2. Test the waters. There are two angles to exploit from this. If you find that people ARE believing the conspiracy, ask them if it warrants grossly increased military spending, sacrificing civil liberties(increased wire taps on "Al Qaeda") and increased intelligence expansion.

doodle
05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Has the OP video been modified by "homelnddefender" or Romney actually used those graphics?

Reminded me of this recent post about what appears to be same ad:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290227-Romney-They-hate-us-because-we-have-freedoms-will-make-America-a-Police-State&p=3241123&viewfull=1#post3241123

While online social media is abuzz with latest Romney comment about him wanting to "hang" obama with "misery index" around his neck, there has been little talk of his vision for America. Recently brought to light this Romney policy statement from 08 election season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoU41UwL5LI&feature=related

He seems to be expressing strong support fpr PA but where will get the money to increase military spending, from China?

falconplayer11
05-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Well I think a few things are clear...

1. This is a great tool to convince Progressives/Liberals/Democrats to vote for Paul in the primaries.

2. Test the waters. There are two angles to exploit from this. If you find that people ARE believing the conspiracy, ask them if it warrants grossly increased military spending, sacrificing civil liberties(increased wire taps on "Al Qaeda") and increased intelligence expansion.

If people do believe the conspiracy, there is no hope for them. That is insane. I don't even think such people are worth our time. Most of the Romney-ites are not people of principle, anyways, and the principle of liberty will not work in converting them. Romney's "conservatism" is really only disguised American liberalism that passes for "conservatism" because he's always stressing meaningless ideas like "believe in America" and "No Apology".

Ex Lux lucis
05-15-2011, 07:21 PM
If people do believe the conspiracy, there is no hope for them. That is insane. I don't even think such people are worth our time. Most of the Romney-ites are not people of principle, anyways, and the principle of liberty will not work in converting them. Romney's "conservatism" is really only disguised American liberalism that passes for "conservatism" because he's always stressing meaningless ideas like "believe in America" and "No Apology".

I agree that Romney sounds completely insane, but I think that some people have probably latched onto Romney because he's the "Front runner" and for no other reason. I think they will be amenable to liberty. We should at least try.