PDA

View Full Version : Direct Ron Paul Contact Person

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
We should try to "elect" an established member of this forum to be a direct contact to ron paul for all of us - the grassroots.

by direct contact i don't mean through headquarter or anything, i mean speaking to ron paul directly at least once a week.

this way we could give him feedback and he could give us feedback. this ways an ad mistake like the official one would not happen.

i don't know many members, i don't read this forum every day, i'm not even an american, but i love ron paul and his message and i do know these people do too:

"avaroth", "lady liberty", "dj loti"/"ronpaulhawaii", "max" (not me but just max), "Sematary", "ghemminger ", "Lord Xar" and certainly "Dave" would come to my mind.

there are certainly others who could fill this position, there is a member who always posts superfunny answers, i just can't remember his name. anyways, i think we need a direct contact to dr. paul to prevent mistakes like the ad and, to just give him a feedback on everything he and his (sometimes awful) campaign staff are doing.

DrNoZone
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I think this is a great idea; a RonPaulForums Ambassador to the campaign. That way, when we have things to pass along, it can be done quickly and orderly so as not to waste the campaign's times with 100 of the same calls/emails.

BW4Paul
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
anyways, i think we need a direct contact to dr. paul to prevent mistakes like the ad and, to just give him a feedback on everything he and his (sometimes awful) campaign staff are doing.
I'm pretty sure that this is not allowed under FEC rules...

Or at the very least, there would be complications.

DrNoZone
10-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Having a supporter call the campaign to voice a few opinions is somehow violating FEC rules? I seriously doubt that.

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 05:30 PM

Or at the very least, there would be complications.

??? certainly not. a grassroots advisor who gives dr. paul feedback on what his supporters on the internet think can not be prohibited under any law i might imagine in my worst nightmares.

slantedview
10-27-2007, 05:32 PM
An official liason... not a bad idea. ronpaulhawaii is a bit tied up for the next 2 months (kinda), but the other names you mentioned are good choices.

Freedom
10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
We should try to "elect" an established member of this forum to be a direct contact to ron paul for all of us - the grassroots.

No need for an election; there is already someone you can contact.
A few months back he posted something here saying that you can contact him with something that the campaign needs to know about.
For instance, he got Ron Paul hooked up with Adam Curry for a podcast interview. Here is his contact info:

Don Rasmussen
Special Assistant to RP 08 PCC
free2smooze at hotmail dot com

Please don't flood him with lots of junk.

Bradley in DC
10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
One member regularly on this forum already passes on pertinent information as needed. ;)

werdd
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
i think HQ needs to get rick rolled for releasing that ad.

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 05:53 PM
No need for an election; there is already someone you can contact.
A few months back he posted something here saying that you can contact him with something that the campaign needs to know about.
For instance, he got Ron Paul hooked up with Adam Curry for a podcast interview. Here is his contact info:
----
Please don't flood him with lots of junk.

this is great ! if this guy is reading the forum and dailypaul every day this thread is nonsense. but if he does not read all this he's the wrong guy. he should convince dr. paul to change the commercial.... if he does not i still think we need a grassroots contact person dedicated to the cause. (dedicated to the cause means keeping in touch with all things grassroots and reporting to dr. paul what is going on and what people think - e.g. reading everything on dr. paul everyday in every possible internet source and weighting the feedack)

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 05:58 PM
One member regularly on this forum already passes on pertinent information as needed. ;)

ah, ok, i see, well, please report the "mixed feelings" the commercial received ;)
i think a LOT of people are angry because of the way their hard earned money is spent.

Don
10-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I do read Daily Paul, the forums, and stay in touch with key activists around the country. I can assure you that the concerns about this ad have been duly noted by the senior staff.

We remain confident in our ad strategy, of which this ad is a small part with a limited function...increase our woefully low name recognition among older conservative New Hampshire voters. Let me clear up a couple of misconceptions that seem to be floating out there.

One - we used supporters, not actors. The people you are slamming are...well, you.

Two - This ad is not running on Family Guy or Daily Show, it is running on Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right, for example.

Three - Within the target demographic, the response has been very positive.

Four - It does not have an "amateurish" and "local cable" look for no reason. Please contemplate this further before lighting your torches and grabbing your pitchforks.

Five - This ad is the follow up to the "Bio Book" that was mailed earlier in the week and is designed to be one of many touches of these voters that we will make in the next couple of months

We, the national campaign, have come under blistering attack on these forums since day 1, yet look at where we are at. I just heard a McLaughlin Group commentator boldly predict that Ron Paul WILL be the big story coming out of the New Hampshire primary. We are flush with cash, have a massive grassroots machine and the best candidate by far. You all deserve much of the credit for that and we at HQ are deeply appreciative of all of your efforts.

We, the senior staff, are human beings and will make no claim to perfect knowledge or infallible decision making ability, but I think we have developed a track record of success that has also earned us a little benefit of the doubt.

Suzu
10-28-2007, 11:29 AM

I sure wish that member would talk to Ron Paul about the BIA and sovereignty for Indian Nations... and get back to me with the result....

Andrew76
10-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I do read Daily Paul, the forums, and stay in touch with key activists around the country. I can assure you that the concerns about this ad have been duly noted by the senior staff.

We remain confident in our ad strategy, of which this ad is a small part with a limited function...increase our woefully low name recognition among older conservative New Hampshire voters. Let me clear up a couple of misconceptions that seem to be floating out there.

One - we used supporters, not actors. The people you are slamming are...well, you.

Two - This ad is not running on Family Guy or Daily Show, it is running on Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right, for example.

Four - It does not have an "amateurish" and "local cable" look for no reason. Please contemplate this further before lighting your torches and grabbing your pitchforks.

Five - This ad is the follow up to the "Bio Book" that was mailed earlier in the week and is designed to be one of many touches of these voters that we will make in the next couple of months

We, the national campaign, have come under blistering attack on these forums since day 1, yet look at where we are at. I just heard a McLaughlin Group commentator boldly predict that Ron Paul WILL be the big story coming out of the New Hampshire primary. We are flush with cash, have a massive grassroots machine and the best candidate by far. You all deserve much of the credit for that and we at HQ are deeply appreciative of all of your efforts.

We, the senior staff, are human beings and will make no claim to perfect knowledge or infallible decision making ability, but I think we have developed a track record of success that has also earned us a little benefit of the doubt.

Hear hear! A wonderful post, thanks Don. Everyone, read and take note. We shouldn't be so quick to assume that we do or do not know what the official campaign is doing. I think the fact that this forum exists, and that the RP campaign staff clearly checks this site and others like it, is proof that the idea of a contact or ambassador to the campaign, is fortunately obselete. Thank you internets!
Furthermore, our strength lies in the fact that we do our thing, and they do theirs. I understand the complaints as far as "hey, we donated money in the hopes that it'd be used wisely. This commercial stinks!" But again, as per the above post, we need assume that the campaign staff knows what they're doing. And ultimately remember, what's done is done, and the staff reads these forums.

lynnf
10-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I sure wish that member would talk to Ron Paul about the BIA and sovereignty for Indian Nations... and get back to me with the result....

if we're petitioning, maybe something could be mentioned about sending jobs overseas and greasing the skids to bring technical workers here from there, thereby putting the American workforce out-of-business and undermining the economy, all in the name of "free markets". some claim that our workers are protected since the law says Americans should be hired first, but it has been shown that this is routinely ignored - see the Cohen & Grigsby law firm seminar on how to pass over Americans
in the video:

http://lyrelyrepantzandfier.com/

lynn

TheIndependent
10-28-2007, 11:52 AM
If we nominate anyone, I'd nom Brad for the position. ;)

Primbs
10-28-2007, 12:51 PM
If Ron Paul were smart, he and his campaign would read this forum every day for one hour. Otherwise they would have no idea where billboards go up, and other things.

max
10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Excellent idea!

I'd love to do this, but I'm afraid I'm too hard core! (At least I know my limitations)..

How about one of the mods? Who would have a better sense of the pulse of this forum than they?

constituent
10-28-2007, 01:02 PM

4) Exactly. It looked just like one of the rp for congress commercials they air here, and yes everyone, they work very well.

DjLoTi
10-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for offering to elect me :)

LibertyEagle
10-28-2007, 01:23 PM
i think HQ needs to get rick rolled for releasing that ad.

Well, I think multiple people on this forum and Youtube need to be, for acting like such a bunch of whining, big babies. Some of who threatened to leave the campaign because of a 30 second commercial. :rolleyes:

constituent
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I think multiple people on this forum and Youtube need to be, for acting like such a bunch of whining, big babies. Some of who threatened to leave the campaign because of a 30 second commercial. :rolleyes:

i'm just glad all of this happened on a sat. 1) 'cuz i was gone 2) b/c i'm sure most folks were.

Nate K
10-28-2007, 01:52 PM
i think holding a vote would be a good idea..

if don is not an active member to represent, maybe we should have one?

lynnf
10-28-2007, 03:11 PM

you're quite right, Don. Thank you for what you've done. I heard Eleanor Clift's prediction, too, and I was greatly pleased to hear it. consider the criticism just part of the family action that goes along with a movement such as this ... the founding fathers had their moments, too!

lynn

Matt Collins
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Ron doesn't run his campaign, Lew and Ken run the campaign. Ron doesn't manage anything.