PDA

View Full Version : ABC's THIS WEEK: 30 Mins on GOP Presidential Candidates/Possibles Ron Paul Never Mentioned

HOLLYWOOD
05-15-2011, 11:44 AM
All the candidates and possible candidates mentioned and covered... with the exception of Ron Paul. NEVER mention by any of the pundits/host throughout the hour show. Hell, they even covered the people not running or decided not to run, like asking Nikki Haley if she is running to be Vice President... the pundits evolved this dialog to the Mitch Daniels "Pump Hour". Even though Ron Paul announced his Presidential run on ABC's Good Morning America with George Stephnopolous on Friday. The only bright point was George Will exposing Newt's baggage and flip-flopping

Kristina Anampour, George Will, Cokie Roberts, and ABC political director and former POLITICO Libtard Amy Walter.

Video segment #1: http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/gov-nikki-haley-weighs-2012-field-13607230?tab=9482930&section=1206874&playlist=13607378&page=1
segment #2: http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/roundtable-presidential-politics-13607311

George Will stated, "There will be one of 3 being sworn-in on January 2012... Obama, Pawlenty, or Daniels."

Paul Ryan
Donald Trump
Michele Bachmann
Tim Pawlenty
Mitch Daniels
Sherry Daniels
Nikki Haley
Mike Huckabee
Gingrich

Then on the economic issues... it was the John Boehner/Obama and the Debt Ceiling... nonsense.

doodle
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Even for George Will crowd, this is a new low. Bastards.

But it's quite telling.

HOLLYWOOD
06-19-2011, 01:36 PM
5 straight weeks of ABC's THIS WEEK, with Christie Amampour... each week discussed the GOP running field covering every candidate that has announced and possible candidates that are not currently running or stated they're not running, with one exception.

RON PAUL has NEVER BEEN MENTIONED. 5 straight weeks, even after Ron Paul won the LRC straw poll yesterday, ABC CONTINUES a COMPLETE BLACKOUT OF RON PAUL.

George Will is another bought and paid for propaganda puppet for ABC. ABC'S Libtard Political Director Amy Walter was on and the agenda was to push Gov. Rick Perry as the GOP's new favorite candidate.

PS: ABC did bring John McCain on to criticize the GOP as Isolationists and any draw-down in global Imperial Empire wars is a disaster and jeopardizes safety, blah, blah... :rolleyes:

AgentOrange
06-19-2011, 02:27 PM
The media wants to elect another corporatist. The media will never help Ron Paul. It is up to us to spread the word, and make sure everyone we come in contact with knows that Ron Paul is not a corporatist!

ord33
06-20-2011, 12:05 AM
On the drive home tonight when the local radio stations have the national news clips (about a minute long) they had one from ABC. It talked about Huntsman and how he was going toward the moderate republicans and then turned and said all eyes are on Rick Perry now from Texas who has said he is 50/50 on whether to run. Then proceeded to say that his role is important and will be a big factor because he would be the first tea party guy from the South in the Republican race. At first, I just thought, I am so sick of the media bias. Then, the further I drove, the more pissed off I got. Here they are not even mentioning the founder of the Tea Party and a guy from the exact same state as Rick Perry. The media bias & errors truly are out of control!

ForLibertyFight
06-20-2011, 12:40 AM
bastards.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Let them know what you think -

Jon Newman
Director of ABC News Coverage
jonathan.m.newman@abc.com

Steve Jones
VP ABC News
steve.jones@abc.com

JamesButabi
06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Hey they gave him a 1/4 second slide right at the start! How could you possibly call that an exclusion!?!?

BUSHLIED
06-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I emailed him. This issue for more is the biggest. I can't stand the blatant bias...it highlights everything that is wrong with America..

BUSHLIED
06-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Check this out: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/20/katrina_vanden_heuvel_republican_isolationism_help ing_obama.html

This women agrees with Ron, explicitly states it, but frames it as "I hate to agree with Ron Paul BUT....and that he wants to get RID of the VA...the campaign needs to issue a statement against this NOW...but will it be DONE? I bet it doesn't.

Jesse if you are listening...press release directly addressing this statement NOW...

randolphfuller
06-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Perry fools a lot of people, but he is more ignorant than George Bush AND more unscrupulous. Texas first Aggie govenor anad majored in animal husbandry at A&M.

KurtA
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
"This Week" is our first target! http://boycotts4paul.com

driller80545
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Perry fools a lot of people, but he is more ignorant than George Bush AND more unscrupulous. Texas first Aggie govenor anad majored in animal husbandry at A&M.

And was a frigging cheerleader to boot. An aggie cheerleader for prez. facepalm

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Another week... Another 60 minutes of Blackout on ABC's THIS WEEK with Christie Amampour, Amy "POLITICO Libtard" Walter, George Will, and the rest of the trash bag roundtable.

THIS WEEK's CENSORSHIP: Ron Paul omitted from Iowa poll, lower polling T-PAW inserted
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC00288.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwukkfFVsg_P2BOX0G3BNMgG-jL_5jsibrahBL9F21HP9C-zhTqA

AdamT
06-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Tweeted this. I am so f'in pissed of right now. These people can eat sh*t and die.

acptulsa
06-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Having coined the phrase, perhaps I should be the one to sell bumper stickers, shirts and yard signs that say He Who Must Not Be Named for President.

AgentOrange
06-26-2011, 04:26 PM
The "powers that be" will stop at nothing to keep Ron Paul from getting anywhere close to winning.

randomname
06-26-2011, 04:53 PM
I wonder if grassroots cant sue these fucks over the blatant omissions, might make them think twice next time

acptulsa
06-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I wonder if grassroots cant sue these fucks over the blatant omissions, might make them think twice next time

My first reaction is, hell no.

My second reaction is, I've said oh hell no about so very many weird lawsuits over the years that I'm not qualified to judge. It is an interesting concept. Maybe not necessarily the most libertarian notion I ever heard. But it sure would get attention. Good attention. Even if we get thrown out of court, we'll make a point with it.

The campaign could never do it. We'd have to as a class action suit, and be the whiny babies ourselves. I guess it would be limited to campaign contributors, who could claim a financial interest which is being harmed.

Any lawyers on the board today?

justatrey
06-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Jon Newman

Steve Jones
VP ABC News
steve.jones@abc.com

Sent. Thanks for posting this! :mad:

kah13176
06-26-2011, 06:22 PM

Jon Newman

Steve Jones
VP ABC News
steve.jones@abc.com

I just sent them an email with the following (slightly modified HOLLYWOOD's post). Subject: OBVIOUS ABC Media Bias!!

5 straight weeks of ABC's THIS WEEK, with Christie Amampour... each week discussed the GOP running field covering every candidate that has announced and even possible candidates, with one exception.

RON PAUL has NEVER BEEN MENTIONED. 5 straight weeks and ABC CONTINUES a COMPLETE BLACKOUT OF RON PAUL.

Ron Paul:

- Has actually announced.
- Godfather of the Tea Party.
- The ONLY Republican candidate who's served in the military.
- Won the Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll for the second consecutive year.
- Won the Republican Leadership Conference straw poll.
- Secured the most expensive tent location for the Ames straw poll.
- Has more Google searches for his name than any other republican candidate, according to Google Trends.
- Raised the most money in the first quarter among all Republican candidates. He's already raised 3.5 million from grassroots in Q2, even in these tough economic times.

chudrockz
06-26-2011, 06:50 PM

Jon Newman

Steve Jones
VP ABC News
steve.jones@abc.com

I emailed the SOB. I wasn't polite.

FUCK THEM. I'm sick to death of it.

justatrey
06-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Emailed again with a different account :D

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Here's the person who's orchestrating the Censorship of Ron Paul. Amy Walter and former Hotline and POLITICO hack. She is the omerta establishment.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amy-walter/story?id=11252040

Amy Walter FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amy-Walter/28611394170

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Site/byline_abcnews.gif
July 26, 2010

Amy Walter is the ABC News Political Director. Based in Washington, Ms. Walter oversees all political coverage on ABCNews.com, including ABC's "The Note."

She will also guide the planning and editorial content of all political news and provide on-air analysis on ABC News programs, including "World News with Diane Sawyer," "Good Morning America," "Nightline," "This Week with Christiane Amanpour," ABC News Radio and ABC News Now.

"ABC News' longstanding commitment to political coverage will be enhanced CENSORED with the addition of Amy Walter at the helm. We are fortunate to have one of the country's top political forecasters and analysts on our team," said ABC News President David Westin.
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/abc_amy_walter_110126_wl.jpg
Randy Sager/ABC
ABC News political director, Amy Walter, is shown in this file photo.

Ms. Walter joins ABC from National Journal's The Hotline, where she was the editor-in-chief and served as the political publication's primary voice for the last three years. In this role, she provided regular analysis of the national political environment in her weekly NationalJournal.com column, On the Trail. She has also been a regular contributor to PBS' "NewsHour with Jim Lehrer" and provided political analysis on CNN, C-SPAN, CBS' "Face the Nation," NBC's "Meet the Press" and HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher." She was a member of CNN's Emmy-award winning election night team in 2006.

From 1997 to 2007, she served as the senior editor of The Cook Political Report, a nonpartisan publication, where she earned accolades for successfully handicapping U.S. House races and was frequently quoted as a congressional election expert in the major newspapers around the country. During this time, she also contributed to National Journal magazine and CongressDaily.
Walter was named one of DC's "50 Top Journalists" by Washingtonian Magazine in 2009 and honored with the Washington Post's Crystal Ball award for her spot-on election predictions in 2000. She graduated summa cum laude from Colby College.