PDA

View Full Version : McCain, Thompson, Giuliani and Romney campaigns thank you

d991
10-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks to all the negativitiy in the Ron Paul support base, they see rampant arguing, people fighting and censoring, and even better, they're all calling the Ron Paul campaign HQ to complain rather than going out and campaigning.

Whether you like the ad or not, there is still a long way to go. We all know how passionate Ron Paul supporters are. Lets not turn the negativity inward. Lets face it, this ad was not directed towards the internet crowd. If you truly think this ad would be ineffective when shown to a 50+ year old who doesn't own the internet and has no interest in starting a "revolution" then fine. But first think about who the target audience is.

Unfortunately Ron Paul cannot win the GOP primaries with the young people alone. If he could his poll numbers would be much higher at this point. So if you want all the ads to talk about revoultion, abolishing the IRS etc fine. But I was under the impression that the TV ads were not geared towards the internet crowd. Just my 2 cents.

Zarxrax
10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't think most people were complaining about who the ad was targeted to, but rather that the ad was poorly made.

I see a lot of people complaining like this about people fighting amongst themselves on these boards and stuff, but I don't really see it that way. Ron Paul supporters are a diverse group of people, and have a lot of varying opinions on things. Disagreement is a good thing. If everyone always agreed with everyone else, everyone in this country would be 100% behind the iraq war.

As far as complaint about the advertisement goes, I see this as people arguing about the most effective way to reach new voters. If you have a bad advertisement, and everyone just pats you on the back and lies about how wonderful it is, thats doing nothing but hurting you in the long run.

Many people just aren't able to accept argument or disagreement well. Don't take stuff personally, especially not on an internet forum. "Negativity" is only truly negative if you let it be. Turn it into something positive.

slantedview
10-27-2007, 05:32 PM
McCain, Thompson, Giuliani and Romney can all suck it.

speciallyblend
10-27-2007, 06:38 PM
they are just jealous because they dont have anyone fighting over them;)