PDA

View Full Version : Karl Denninger is a very bad guy.

llepard
05-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Last week Denninger took it upon himself to declare RP's Presidential bid as dead due to RP's comments on the Bin Laden raid.

I sent Karl an email and in a private email exchange learned the following:

He thinks I should "watch it" because Jesus warned about worshipping FALSE PROPHETS and RP is a false profit. Don't ask me why he is, Karl just says it is so since he has not called Bernanke on the carpet for money printing.

He thinks RP pushing for a return to the Gold Standard is all part of a Bilderberg plot.

The sad thing is Karl has some of the pieces to the puzzle, he understands the bank fraud and he understands the Wall Street fraud. He is just so angry he cannot see who is his friend.

On a related note, I learned from Rand that they contacted Matt Taibbi after he published his brilliant article entitled Real Housewives of Wall Street. Taibbi was rude and off putting and went into a rant against libertarian thought. Again, it is sad, because Taibbi has been brilliant at uncovering Wall Street mis-behavior but he is so blinded by his far left ideology that he does not see that there is some common ground here.

This Fourth Turning Process is going to be a mess.

What concerns me is that more Americans will become this way as things get worse. We must be clear in pointing out where the real problems lie, and emphasize that principled passive resistance is the solution. This is what RP would want. Some of these people have enough anger in them to start wars.

bobbyw24
05-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I know a few ill-informed fools here who worship Mr. D.

jclay2
05-15-2011, 11:12 AM
ahahahahaha, This is the same guy who was urging people to vote for OBAMA! He does have a lot of things right, but has to much of an ego to admit when he is wrong. He treats Paul as bad and sometimes worse than his obama critiques, yet does not recognize the millions of people that Paul has woken up to the thievery of the Federal Reserve / etc.

Live Free or Die
05-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Some of these people have enough anger in them to start wars.

About what I would expect from a guy (Denninger) who maxed-out for McCain in '08.

Thanks for the reminder about Karl, Mr. Lepard. +1 atcha.

FrankRep
05-15-2011, 11:14 AM
[Karl Denninger] thinks RP pushing for a return to the Gold Standard is all part of a Bilderberg plot.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Lucille
05-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I appreciate how Denninger has focused on the financial fraud but as a person, well, I see why so many call him "Douchenger." I think his hatred for RP has more to do with RP's office dissing him, and his hatred for teh shiny, than anything else.

A few years back, someone posted about gold in the comments and he went on a banning tear.

Karl Denninger Angered, Bans Everyone (http://randomlyspecific.com/?p=70)

Hothead blogger Karl Denninger of Niceville, Florida, also known as Genesis, went on an angry, profanity laced tirade today, banning every member of his popular The Market Ticker website, and even someone who does not belong to the site.

The outburst was prompted by a contributor to the site who challenged Denninger’s thesis that gold is not an appropriate investment in the current economic environment.
[...]
Later, Denninger was spotted at a local supermarket, where he was overheard banning a checkout clerk. The clerk, Sven Lundegaard, 36, claims he has never heard of The Market Ticker and doesn’t know Denninger.

“I was scanning his items, and I asked him if he had a club card, and he freaked out and said I was banned. And I’m like, banned? Banned from what? The supermarket? But he didn’t answer and left the store quickly.”

Ha! I've been reading him since at least '07, and his ban hammer has certainly had an affect. The discussions used to be pages long by noon. Not anymore.

Also, it really bugs me when he uses "Heh" for "Hey." UTFD, dude!

Too bad about Taibbi.

Lucille
05-15-2011, 11:24 AM
About what I would expect from a guy (Denninger) who maxed-out for McCain in '08.

Thanks for the reminder about Karl, Mr. Lepard. +1 atcha.

He says he voted for O Duce! It must have been before BSC! McCain suspended his campaign to rush back to Washington to bail out the Bankstas.

Todd
05-15-2011, 11:34 AM
great assessment of Taibbi. His left wing blinders come out pretty clearly in his writings.

TNforPaul45
05-15-2011, 11:46 AM

I had to google that phrase, had not heard that before. Very interesting. We do seem to be slipping into a Crisis turn.

llepard
05-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I had to google that phrase, had not heard that before. Very interesting. We do seem to be slipping into a Crisis turn.

I highly recommend that all forum members read The Fourth Turning by Howe and Strauss. It is one of my absolute favorite books by a large margin. Also, the Burning Platform website has a good summary. LL

llepard
05-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Seriously? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am not kidding about this. He wrote these words in his email. He thinks RP is a fraud and is a front for the Bilderbergs. He hates the Gold Standard.

It kind of shows you what we are dealing with here.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes, I am not kidding about this. He thinks RP is a fraud and is a front for the Bilderbergs. He hates the Gold Standard.

Not the first time I've heard that.

No matter how many times you tell them that RP favors a system of competing currencies they always fall back to the default position.

I call it rabbit hole-itis, when you go so far down the path of intertwining conspiracies, you lose the light of day at the entrance, and forget why you even went down the rabbit hole in the first place.

Jay Tea
05-15-2011, 12:28 PM
It's sad, because the Market Ticker has been one of my primary sites for financial news/commentary for years. I've actually met Denninger and had the chance to sit down with him for a long conversation. He was a nice guy and clearly has a very good understanding of the crimes that the financial sector has committed. But he seems to have this knee-jerk, visceral reaction to RP. I just try to skip his posts when he gets to talking about Ron or Rand.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:30 PM
What concerns me is that more Americans will become this way as things get worse. We must be clear in pointing out where the real problems lie, and emphasize that principled passive resistance is the solution. This is what RP would want. Some of these people have enough anger in them to start wars.

"If you want to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh, otherwise, they'll kill you" - Oscar Wilde

CableNewsJunkie
05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
It's sad, because the Market Ticker has been one of my primary sites for financial news/commentary for years. I've actually met Denninger and had the chance to sit down with him for a long conversation. He was a nice guy and clearly has a very good understanding of the crimes that the financial sector has committed. But he seems to have this knee-jerk, visceral reaction to RP. I just try to skip his posts when he gets to talking about Ron or Rand.

^^^this

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being an unofficial economic mentor/adviser to Huckabee leading up to 2016.

Huckabee just bought a house close to where Denninger lives.

http://tickerforum.org/akcs-www?post=185166&ord=2529876#2529876

devil21
05-15-2011, 01:42 PM
KD is simply a neo-con on foreign policy. He's had ticker tirades before about just nuking the muslim countries to "fix the problem" of terrorism. He's ragged on Ron Paul repeatedly in the past. He banned me from his forum when the day of the Christmas underwear bomber I suggested that it was probably a CIA operation. The guy gets some things right but gets other very wrong. Ah well, I don't give his websites anymore business so screw him.

KD got permanently pissed at Ron when he was told by a staffer at Ron's DC office to stop faxing stuff to Ron's office every day. The fax line was for constituents only. After that it was war because KD got his feelings hurt.

angelatc
05-15-2011, 01:50 PM
nm//

Ethek
05-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Larry,

I like Karl on his energy thoughts (Seeking Alpha) (http://seekingalpha.com/article/261334-let-s-talk-about-a-realistic-energy-policy). I sent these same thoughts to Rands office because they are so favorable to Coal.

As for Karl personally, he is demonstrating qualities that some of Rands most die hard supporters exhibited in the run up to Rands election. So devoted to the beliefs that he has trouble tolerating the lack of those principles being articulated exactly the way he would have them be. In actuality they are as closely aligned as possible in a voluntarily free and virtuous society.

I would call it 'Splitting' Something in someones mind being all good or all bad. I actually think that most on the left will have an easier assimilating to the true message (and insecurities of liberty) than many hard core conservatives and I even expect the same behavior within the campaign on certain micro issues when Ron hits the mainstream.

If the economy actualizes its systemic rot and corruption I would also expect things to get a lot worse as people get much more stressed. I wrote about that in the book preview I sent you Larry but I will post that same thin here for anyone that is interested.

I know that Karl has been ignored by Rons congressional office and I have no doubt that that influeces Karls position on Ron. Karl seems one of those that will have a harder time being OK with a comprehensive liberty philosophy.

Here is the book preview (http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1456327267/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-link) I contributed a forward too if anyone is intrested.

JP2010
05-15-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't live far from Karl. I should walk my dog over there and let her poop in his yard

Live Free or Die
05-15-2011, 02:22 PM
He says he voted for O Duce! It must have been before BSC! McCain suspended his campaign to rush back to Washington to bail out the Bankstas.

Come to think of it, I don't think it was before BSC. Go check out the dates from the FEC report for the time line. But again, I wouldn't expect anything less from the Angry Trader of Niceville.

Cowlesy
05-15-2011, 02:23 PM
I highly recommend that all forum members read The Fourth Turning by Howe and Strauss. It is one of my absolute favorite books by a large margin. Also, the Burning Platform website has a good summary. LL

Just bought it. Have you read Oswald Spengler's Decline of the West? I am only through a few chapters but it sounds like there might be some similar methods of viewing history (i.e. using analogies).

Shame about Taibbi. It appears as though he's not open to grow intellectually. Where he is at is as far as he wants to go in that realm.

specsaregood
05-15-2011, 02:24 PM
"If you want to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh, otherwise, they'll kill you" - Oscar Wilde

Interesting quote. Perhaps Dr. Paul should bring that Stanhope comedian on as a consultant to help make his speeches and talking points funny.

schiffheadbaby
05-15-2011, 02:25 PM
We can't be naive about Taibbi, he is a liberal populist plain and simple.

angelatc
05-15-2011, 02:29 PM
J

Shame about Taibbi. It appears as though he's not open to grow intellectually. Where he is at is as far as he wants to go in that realm.

I think that's evidenced by his writing. He's a brilliant wordsmith, and yet still feels compelled to use profanity to give us shock value, or something. I find the effect to be disruptive.

It's a juvenile shock trick, and one I would have thought he would outgrow by now.

llepard
05-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I think that's evidenced by his writing. He's a brilliant wordsmith, and yet still feels compelled to use profanity to give us shock value, or something. I find the effect to be disruptive.

It's a juvenile shock trick, and one I would have thought he would outgrow by now.

1000+

Taibbi is perhaps one of the best financial muckrakers of our time, but he does himself and his arguments a huge disservice by his overuse of the Fbomb. He does not need to shock us to make his points. The points are devastating in and of themselves. Beyond pointing out the criminality of Wall Street I am sure that he and I would agree on very little. But if his work leads to Wall Street reform then I applaud that work. Throw out the rest.

I am still reeling from his article about the two Morgan Stanley housewives who borrowed $220 million from the FED in a one way bet for speculative purposes. The brazen ness of this criminal/corrupt act is stunning. If you have not read Real Housewives of Wall Street, google it and read it. You will see red.

If every American could read this article and understand the implications, the pitchforks would be out tomorrow.

But perhaps as the Chinese premier so subtly and politely said recently, "the Americans are a simple people."

schiffheadbaby
05-15-2011, 02:42 PM
yes llepard sadly most people won't do anything until they are starving or their backs are completely against the wall.

as long as the food stamps and 99 weeks of unemployment are in the mail the masses won't revolt.

Cowlesy
05-15-2011, 02:43 PM
yes llepard sadly most people won't do anything until they are starving or their backs are completely against the wall.

as long as the food stamps and 99 weeks of unemployment are in the mail the masses won't revolt.

Thing is when they revolt, I doubt they're going to be seeking liberty, but rather, security.

schiffheadbaby
05-15-2011, 02:44 PM
yes cowlesy, I think some people here are a little naive at times. most people will become much more statist. As they say, "the government loves misery" and more people will support gov programs as they become more desperate.

this is why you must own gold and silver and supplies etc

Lucille
05-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Come to think of it, I don't think it was before BSC. Go check out the dates from the FEC report for the time line. But again, I wouldn't expect anything less from the Angry Trader of Niceville.

LOL... I always get a kick out of the KD bashing on zerohedge too. He was having a fit about the RPs on twitter, and I linked him to a how-to on testifying before CONgress.

muzzled dogg
05-15-2011, 03:25 PM
the dude from atlas shrugged?

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 03:35 PM

Tis true.
I run in some very different circles that you I'm sure. I have posted my observations on the anger as well.

I will also note that those most feared as being violent (those that are most prepared) are showing great restraint. They do not want it to come to violence. They understand what it means. and they will not start it.
They, as a whole, are watching and hopeful for a peaceful Revolution.

doodle
05-15-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN29X2HCKpU

raiha
05-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Or the Fourth Reich!
People who rail against RP, haven't taken the time to understand him.

All we can do is not engage with the emotion of the moment, rather patiently challenge the distortions and assumptions.
Bless Ron I just watched him on Fox destroying the neocon anchor. I was rushing around jumping and yelling and cheering.

georgiaboy
05-15-2011, 05:47 PM
the sunshine and cool heads in this thread are excellent. we need a steady flow of sunshine for the cloudy times.

sorry to hear all this about KD. i expected as much from MT.

libber_archie
05-27-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDPg_w1VsWU

doodle
05-27-2011, 09:32 PM
And I thought Kerry was bad lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Bz_r5CZTk&feature=related

AuH20
05-27-2011, 09:35 PM

He's just disappointed that there is very little tangible action behind RP's impressive rhetoric. I can understand where he is coming from. Ron should be raising hell in his chair position.

devil21
05-28-2011, 02:49 AM
LOL there's a bunch of KD bashing vids by that guy on his YT channel! Hilarious.

AceNZ
05-28-2011, 03:27 AM
I used to read Denninger's market-ticker posts, but finally got sick of the rants. I certainly wouldn't trust any of his financial advice; I always looked at his site strictly for entertainment value.

He seems to be angry at everyone, even those who try to help him. He's extremely irrational, and is not open to debate or reasoned discussion. I'm surprised that he's still anywhere near as widely quoted as he seems to be.

NewRightLibertarian
05-28-2011, 06:45 AM
This guy is just some nobody. Piss on him.

He's just disappointed that there is very little tangible action behind RP's impressive rhetoric. I can understand where he is coming from. Ron should be raising hell in his chair position.

Well, as much as I would like Ron to go end the Federal Reserve personally, I understand that this cannot occur realistically. This Denninger prick should understand that and stop being an asshole.

PaulConventionWV
05-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Last week Denninger took it upon himself to declare RP's Presidential bid as dead due to RP's comments on the Bin Laden raid.

I sent Karl an email and in a private email exchange learned the following:

He thinks I should "watch it" because Jesus warned about worshipping FALSE PROPHETS and RP is a false profit. Don't ask me why he is, Karl just says it is so since he has not called Bernanke on the carpet for money printing.

He thinks RP pushing for a return to the Gold Standard is all part of a Bilderberg plot.

The sad thing is Karl has some of the pieces to the puzzle, he understands the bank fraud and he understands the Wall Street fraud. He is just so angry he cannot see who is his friend.

On a related note, I learned from Rand that they contacted Matt Taibbi after he published his brilliant article entitled Real Housewives of Wall Street. Taibbi was rude and off putting and went into a rant against libertarian thought. Again, it is sad, because Taibbi has been brilliant at uncovering Wall Street mis-behavior but he is so blinded by his far left ideology that he does not see that there is some common ground here.

This Karl guy sounds very stupid.

However, I don't think he is a "bad man," and I don't think you think that either.

ctiger2
05-29-2011, 03:30 PM
LOL there's a bunch of KD bashing vids by that guy on his YT channel! Hilarious.

The Best one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCwWfSYBwOQ

Lucille
05-29-2011, 04:05 PM
The Best one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCwWfSYBwOQ

LOL... "He hates f'n gold."

Feeding the Abscess
05-29-2011, 04:39 PM

He can't even subpoena someone without running it past John Bo(-eh)ner. There's not a whole lot Ron can do. When he brings someone up to testify in a hearing he gets accused of associating with racists.

HOLLYWOOD
05-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Okay... where's that "JOKERIZED" pic of El Douche Denninger? We've covered this parasite 100's of times... trust us... this guy is exactly what's wrong with America today.

Don't give him the traffic... actually El Douche with all his little dictator banning deserves a DoS attack for life! ;)

llepard
05-29-2011, 08:33 PM
This Karl guy sounds very stupid.

However, I don't think he is a "bad man," and I don't think you think that either.

Actually I do. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Karl is a neocon and a bully. He is a bad guy and I do not say that lightly

Lucille
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
He's at it again.

Ron Paul Drops "Sound Money" And Endorses PRINTING!
hxxp://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=189274

AZ Joe's response: http://www.dailypaul.com/169592/from-karl-denninger-at-market-ticker-ron-paul-drops-sound-money-and-endorses-printing#comment-1788798 which was also linked to in the comments.

angelatc
07-02-2011, 05:15 PM
He's at it again.

AZ Joe's response: http://www.dailypaul.com/169592/from-karl-denninger-at-market-ticker-ron-paul-drops-sound-money-and-endorses-printing#comment-1788798 which was also linked to in the comments.

"|-10| = |+10|, whose result is 0....." eh, what?

PS: Lucille should have more rep.

devil21
07-02-2011, 05:51 PM
He's at it again.

Haven't those reserves already been created? I don't understand KD's oppositon to this plan. Sounds like he's gotta find something to bash since he didn't think of the plan first.

Lucille
07-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Bob Murphy: http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2011/07/does-karl-denninger-understand-how-central-banks-inflate-nowadays.html

Thanks, Angela!

Lucille
07-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Lew:
Ron Paul an Inflationist? (http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/07/ron-paul-an-inflationist/)
Posted on July 3, 2011 by Lew Rockwell

Karl Denninger, long-time opponent of Ron Paul and gold, touts his confusion again, and, once again, Bob Wenzel--Zorro-like--leaves him clothesless.

Wenzel:

If it weren't so crude, I might say about Denninger:

I have repeatedly and very publicly held that Mr. Denninger has no clue what the hell he's talking about when it comes to these matters...To those who have supported Mr. Denninger all these years, you've now seen his true colors. Will you be man (or woman) enough to admit that he never actually understood what the hell he was screaming about, nor did he ever have an actual intent of restoring "sound money" to America?

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I posted that 'printing' junk in a different thread. I didn't know this older thread existed.

Bern
07-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I wrote this about KD a while back and it's still true today IMO:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?267932-Karl-the-Ticker-guy-on-RP-article&p=2974074&viewfull=1#post2974074

Lucille
07-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry I missed it, SA!

Bern, not only does KD hate teh shiny with a passion, it's personal too. He's pissed at RP for his congressional office refusing to take his faxes.

devil21
07-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Sorry I missed it, SA!

Bern, not only does KD hate teh shiny with a passion, it's personal too. He's pissed at RP for his congressional office refusing to take his faxes.

Some interesting tidbits came up when surfing the thread about this on TF for giggles. Apparently, Denninger has recently appeared in certain Congressional offices on invitation. Has he been compromised? Second, he's deleting posts containing the links to his errors. Not surprised but there it is.

ctiger2
07-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Some interesting tidbits came up when surfing the thread about this on TF for giggles. Apparently, Denninger has recently appeared in certain Congressional offices on invitation. Has he been compromised? Second, he's deleting posts containing the links to his errors. Not surprised but there it is.

Yep, Denninger and Bill Still met with congressional aides regarding the US Monetary policy. They want to make sure their voice is heard regarding the gold standard etc. Bill Still's a big proponent of Greenbacking.

Here's the vid were Still talks about the meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SixS1JMDgUk

devil21
07-03-2011, 04:11 PM
That's absurd. Since when is Denninger some savant economist? Congress is dumber than I thought.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
He can't even subpoena someone without running it past John Bo(-eh)ner. There's not a whole lot Ron can do. When he brings someone up to testify in a hearing he gets accused of associating with racists.

Where did you hear that? Just curious.

devil21
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Where did you hear that? Just curious.

It depends on the committee rules. Generally, party leadership doesn't have to approve subpoenas but they can use their power to politically quash a subpoena they deem bad for the party. Some committees only require the chair to issue. Other committees require a vote of the committee before subpoenas are issued. I don't know the specifics of RP's committee rules...

sailingaway
07-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I think technically it is Bachus that has to agree. Obviously, if Ron wanted a subpoena badly, we'd encourage Bachus to consider it.