PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone comment on free republic?

sailingaway
05-15-2011, 10:34 AM
there is another push to say Ron is open borders. I posted the following on another site but can't post with the freepers. If anyone would care to they could use my comment or their own, but this meme is starting again (meanwhile Thinkprogress is churning out multiple talking points against him on social security and the CRA on the left.)

freeper link: h xxp://209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/2720175/posts

My prior comment (if you want to use it)

"If he got his way, he would cut off all welfare/govt spending on illegal immigrants, including education and medical care (he has already voted for deporting people after they take medical care paid for by the public). He would end birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, (on a going forward basis, obviously.) He would end funding to sanctuary cities, and would allow states and private property owners to enforce the law, he would secure the border....

But then, once all that was done and people couldn't get housing or education or medical care (the big expenses) funded by the public if they were here illegally, he would for the long term illegal who have never committed 'another crime' offer a probationary legalization. They could never get any taxpayer funded service and could never change their status to become a citizen without leaving and starting over, but if they have a sponsor to guarantee against taxpayer costs and can satisfy background and long term stay requirements, they wouldn't be deported unless they later committed a crime or used taxpayer funded services. No chain immigration rights would attach. But the other steps re: cutting off services would have to happen first, or you'd just draw more.

Ron Paul both supports American sovereignty to determine its own immigration standards, and knows that you can't have both a welfare state and open immigration of poor people. However, once this is dealt with he would also make legal work permits more available as part of his overall plan."

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I might have quite a few comments on Freepers.,but no, I don't post there.

of course I seldom bang my head against brick walls either.

sailingaway
05-15-2011, 10:43 AM
yeah, but a lot of people read that crap....

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 10:47 AM
yeah, but a lot of people read that crap....

Yup, sad isn't it.
:(