PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul + Chris Wallace Interview

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:15 AM
1 Q - Thoughts on arrest of IMF head? - Ron talks about a one world currency and says he has always been critical of the IMf. "Do we want these people in charge running our economy?" (paraphrased)

2 Q - Are you equipped to be President? - Great response by Ron

3 Q - Mississippi River and FEMA -

4 Q - Heroin and Prostitution and Gershin's quote on the Washington Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VFW_KHqYU
(Video added by mod)

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Ron - Social Darwinism quote by Gershin is ridiculous. People are grossly distorting my views. I want freedom of choice. We cannot regulate values.

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Wallace is being surprisingly fair thus far..

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Q 5- Why are Social security, medicare, medicaid unconsitutional?

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Chris Wallace - Supreme Court in 1937 said Social Security falls under Article 1, section 8 of Constition

Ron - Supreme Court and Laws also said Slavery was legal

Q 7 - Osama bin Laden radio comments - Why did you say "absolutely not necessary"

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Ron - You distorteed that. I said it could have been done differently. I m not saying it is wrong. There is another way we could ahve done it.

Wallace - You really believe Pakistan wld help us?

Ron - Look at history - They helped us get Khalid Sheik Mohammed, and they helped us get 1993 WTC bomber planner.

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Ron - Why not do it the way we did it with George Bush?

Wallace interrupts him

Judson Phillips question now.

Ron Paul - Judson Philiops is a johnny come lately who doesnt have the slightest idea about me. Ask the 18-25 year olds, and we need to address the debt, etc.

I think it was a strong interview.

rp08orbust
05-15-2011, 07:25 AM
I think it was a strong interview.

It sounds like it--thanks.

TroySmith
05-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Chris Wallace actually did a pretty fair, albeit tough, interview with Ron. I think it was the type of interview Ron needed. Ron absolutely nailed it out of the park with his "The Supreme Court said slavery was ok too" retort on the Civil Rights act. He also did a great job as framing those view points to being "extremely liberal".

It's pretty clear that Huck wouldn't endorse him though based on his interview with Wallace before Paul's.

IDefendThePlatform
05-15-2011, 07:41 AM
tubez?

hillertexas
05-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks you for the play by play!!

ronpaulitician
05-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Chris Wallace actually did a pretty fair, albeit tough, interview with Ron. I think it was the type of interview Ron needed. Ron absolutely nailed it out of the park with his "The Supreme Court said slavery was ok too" retort on the Civil Rights act. He also did a great job as framing those view points to being "extremely liberal".
Tough but fair is exactly the kind of interviews Ron needs. I would probably even prefer tough but unfair to soft and fair.

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:44 AM

It's pretty clear that Huck wouldn't endorse him though based on his interview with Wallace before Paul's.

Yep. Huckabee basically said he would support anybody who would be the GOP nominee, unless they were "far out there" and did not support the santicity of life. He named a half-dozen people who could benefit from his absence, and Ron was not included in that list. He was basically nonverbally screaming that he would not support RP under any circumstances.

Bern
05-15-2011, 07:46 AM
For the media retarded (ie. me), can someone tell me where and when this interview was broadcast?

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:47 AM
The Judson Phillips comment was the first time I have truly seen Ron call out an individual. But he was provoked by Judson's ridiculous comment about RP clearly not being qualified to be President with his bin Laden comments. "Judson Phillips is a johnny-come-lately who has no idea who I am or what I represent", followed by listing his platform which is basically the Tea Party's platform.

Man, I hate Judson Phillips. Always have. He's a fraud and we need to expose him for the fraud he is.

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 07:48 AM
For the media retarded (ie. me), can someone tell me where and when this interview was broadcast?

This aired on Fox's local channel at 9 AM EST. Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. A 10-12 minute interview.

Chester Copperpot
05-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Who the fuck is judson phillips.. I thought you were talking about the judds..haha

hillertexas
05-15-2011, 07:57 AM
So not one question on the economy?

Chester Copperpot
05-15-2011, 08:00 AM
oh.. hes some self proclaimed tea party guy... sounds like he's herbal tea

KramerDSP
05-15-2011, 08:02 AM
No questions on the economy other than the IMF head's arrest.

Judson Phillips is the founder and head of Tea Party Nation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_Nation), an astroturfed organization that has tried to hijack the movement.

jabf2006
05-15-2011, 08:03 AM
His reply on Judson Phillips...I'm sure Paul regrets that...he's always refrained from those types of attacks and there's no need in getting into a war of words with idiots like that. I didn't know who Judson Phillips was until now...I'm sure that'll be the same for a lot of people.

sailingaway
05-15-2011, 08:07 AM
It sounds awful. Making it sound like Ron would repeal Social Security instead of his plan to fund it for those who paid in who still want it by cutting foreign spending and letting the NEXT generation opt out.... there is a huge difference to voters on that point. He is still going over and over the issues the GOP primary voters are less likely to side with Ron on. And Huck as a lead in means the social conservatives were watching for this, and Wallace knew it. Fox has very clearly decided to marginalize Ron by playing up parts of libertarianism the GOP primary voters might not like -- painted as if they were Rons platform. I missed it but was he asked much at all about the economy? Because it doesn't sound like it from these comments.

Mind you I had JUST read an article saying it was on at 6 tonight, so I wasn't watching for it yet...

Chester Copperpot
05-15-2011, 08:07 AM
no its good... time for Ron to take off the gloves when little wannabes start mouthing their shit..

Lucille
05-15-2011, 08:12 AM
No questions on the economy other than the IMF head's arrest.

Judson Phillips is the founder and head of Tea Party Nation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_Nation), an astroturfed organization that has tried to hijack the movement.

That's the guy who wants to abolish the Methodist Church!

sailingaway
05-15-2011, 08:33 AM
That's the guy who wants to abolish the Methodist Church!

link? Because that is a BEAUTIFUL fact to pass around....

hillertexas
05-15-2011, 08:36 AM
link? Because that is a BEAUTIFUL fact to pass around....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/20/judson-phillips-tea-party-methodist_n_799351.html
http://www.nashvillescene.com/pitw/archives/2010/12/21/local-tea-partier-no-more-methodist-church

ronpaulitician
05-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Is the "wants to get rid of the church" a summary of his rantings, or does he actually state that somewhere?

Badger Paul
05-15-2011, 08:39 AM
"Judson Philiops is a johnny come lately who doesnt have the slightest idea about me."

Just for that line alone the interview is a success.

Phillps would still have his lips on Bush arse if it wasn't for Ron Paul. All he did was see a racket and decide to exploit it. Armey too.

The Dark Knight
05-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Ron needs to practice how to say Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. He has messed it up a couple of times now lol

rp08orbust
05-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Phillps would still have his lips on Bush arse if it wasn't for Ron Paul. All he did was see a racket and decide to exploit it. Armey too.

Eh, let's give Armey a chance. According to a recent news story, Armey has been "eyeing" Ron Paul for 2012. (In a strictly political, non-Bruno sense.)

Lucille
05-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Is the "wants to get rid of the church" a summary of his rantings, or does he actually state that somewhere?

My Dream: No more Methodist Church (http://www.tngovwatch.org/my-dream-no-more-methodist-church/)

jct74
05-15-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxBBOz3udeM

ItsTime
05-15-2011, 09:55 AM
he acted like a leader and president in that interview.

LisaNY
05-15-2011, 10:23 AM
no its good... time for Ron to take off the gloves when little wannabes start mouthing their shit..

Here is an interesting story on Phillips and his co-opting of the movement. "Johnny Come Lately" is an accurate description: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32255.html

Verrater
05-15-2011, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=RxBBOz3udeM
That video needs promoting.

Wesker1982
05-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Very good. The only thing I think he needs to start doing is calling out personal attacks every single time (like when the guy accused him of Social Darwinism etc).

He should answer the criticism still but start off with saying something like: "That isn't an actual argument against my position, it is a personal attack. When people resort to personal attacks it is because their argument on the actual issue isn't very strong."

I think he needs to point out the personal attacks and fear mongering every time. Especially since that seems to be what is thrown at him most of the time...

R3volutionJedi
05-15-2011, 11:40 AM
urgh...more attacking...

tangent4ronpaul
05-15-2011, 12:50 PM
"Judson Philiops is a johnny come lately who doesnt have the slightest idea about me."

Just for that line alone the interview is a success.

Completely agree. Had the displeasure of talking to him last time and his only interest was building his own little fiefdom.

nobody's_hero
05-15-2011, 03:58 PM
I like the hand movement. He's using his hands when he's driving home a point.