PDA

View Full Version : Worst Ron Paul TV commercial contest

huchahucha
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
With everyone slamming the new TV commercial, I thought it might be fun to have a place to pitch ideas for WAY worse commercials. I know I called it a contest, but there is no prize aside from praise from your peers on how screwed up you are in the head.

Ok, here is my pitch:

It starts off black screen and fades in with "From the producers of Armegeddon".
That fades out then the words "ONE MAN" and "ONE MISSION" fade in and out.
Then it cuts to 20 something seconds of one second cuts of cars exploding and half naked ladies and helicopters shooting missles.
Then it goes back to black and fades in with "Michael Bay presents..."
Then machine gun bullets spell out "A Ron Paul campaign commercial" and fade out.
Then "ARE YOU READY FOR A REVOLUTION?" pops in and slowly fades out.

Ok, your turn.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I actually like the commercial

ladyliberty
10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
With everyone slamming the new TV commercial, I thought it might be fun to have a place to pitch ideas for WAY worse commercials. I know I called it a contest, but there is no prize aside from praise from your peers on how screwed up you are in the head.

Ok, here is my pitch:

It starts off black screen and fades in with "From the producers of Armegeddon".
That fades out then the words "ONE MAN" and "ONE MISSION" fade in and out.
Then it cuts to 20 something seconds of one second cuts of cars exploding and half naked ladies and helicopters shooting missles.
Then it goes back to black and fades in with "Michael Bay presents..."
Then machine gun bullets spell out "A Ron Paul campaign commercial" and fade out.
Then "ARE YOU READY FOR A REVOLUTION?" pops in and slowly fades out.

Ok, your turn.

Endorsement ads using stereotypes - hillbillies in coveralls with no teeth, waiting in a swamp for the UFO to return Bubba "We support Ron Paul!" Nerdy computer geek guy with broken frame eye glasses with taped repair "I support Ron Paul!" Crazy old man standing on the lawn in his boxer shorts shaking his fist at the kids in the neighborhood "I support Ron Paul!" ... etc...etc...

yaz
10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
how bout no

ladyliberty
10-27-2007, 06:40 PM
LOL! You mean my idea aint the WORST?! You got a better one? This is supposed to be the WORST contest, right???

How bout this one - space aliens from the planet Gleep do a fly by over the nation's capitol and say some alien gibberish and the caption reads "Take us to your new leader - Ron Paul!"

Now you cant get much worse than that one, I dare you to try!!!

bbachtung
10-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Here's my idea (for Worst Commercial Ever):

Shot 1: Angry late teens / early 20's boy in his parents' basement, watching "Loose Change" and mumbling about the New World Order.

Shot 2: Two daycare employees smoking pot while watching toddlers wander into the street.

Shot 3: Tax evaders holed-up in a compound armed to the teeth.

Voice-over: "What do all of these people have in common? They all support Ron Paul for President."

RP voice-over: "I'm Ron Paul and I approved this message and the people in it."

huchahucha
10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah ladyliberty, anything with aliens is good. Oh no, I feel another one coming on...

Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate that will protect our borders from the Mexicans AND the Martians.

huchahucha
10-27-2007, 10:48 PM
I actually like the commercial

Well, I hope you are talking about the real commercial and not my Ron Paul Revolution idea. I don't think the real commercial is all that bad. In a word, it is humble, which is in stark contrast to the blitzkrieg Romney and the others are probably assalting New Hampshire with. Humble is good, it is an approachable standard. There is no way anyone can watch this commercial and feel like the Ron Paul campaign will roll right over them if they try and participate.