PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Should NOT Run for President

tangent4ronpaul
05-15-2011, 12:59 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article8661_Ron_Paul_Should_NOT_Run_for_President. html

Ron Paul does not want to be President of the United States.

Ron Paul did not want to be President of the United States when he ran as a Libertarian in 1988, and he didnt want to be President of the United States when he ran in 2008. Now, here we are in 2011 and, once again, Ron Paul is running for an office he doesnt want.

In the last election Paul's campaign raised more than $700,000 in 24 hours during a Presidents Day money bomb on-line event, yet he didnt win a single primary. Paul was great fodder for FOX news and comic relief for late night television, but when it came to the televised debates, the cameras were usually turned away.
[...]

Don't particularly agree with the author, but her last line is a "double take" moment.

Discuss...

tangent4ronpaul
05-15-2011, 01:02 AM
My own thoughts are that he has a better chance of influencing the direction things go, can get more attention and will be able to get Representatives and Senators elected more effectively if he is a candidate.

I also think 2016 is too late for a first term, re-election, sure, but not another first run.

Flash
05-15-2011, 01:04 AM
He needs to run no matter what. I just think he should change his rhetoric, seeing as he has a legitimate chance at becoming President now that Huckabee is gone. If he runs and fails, then it isn't the end of the world. The last campaign gave us the Tea Party movement. Perhaps this campaign will give us a grassroots nullification/states' rights movement, who knows.

low preference guy
05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
what a moron (the writer)

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Ron Paul is NOT running for President, because one man, no matter what age or the color of their hair, cannot change a damn thing.

Sadly, in the today's world of the Unitary Imperial Executive, one man can change whole shitload of things.

Ron Paul, in that seat, could do untold damage to the system in four short years.

As president he could monkeywrench the system so bad it would take decades to recover.

low preference guy
05-15-2011, 01:07 AM
As president he could monkeywrench the system so bad it would take decades to recover.

i think he could damage it permanently (fix it from our POV). imagine what would happen when he brings all the troops home, the world doesn't collapse, and an economic boom follows.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 01:09 AM
i think he could damage it permanently (fix it from our POV). imagine what would happen when he brings all the troops home, the world doesn't collapse, and an economic boom follows.

Exactly.

Which is why the system is running scared right now.

LisaNY
05-15-2011, 01:14 AM
so she wants Ron to step aside and use his influence and supporters to get other people elected? Who would she prefer I donate my money and support to? Screw her and her silly rant. I don't care what she thinks and I hope Dr. Paul isn't looking at all this negative garbage cause he needs encouragement right now.

low preference guy
05-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Exactly.

Which is why the system is running scared right now.

yeah. i just read about 30 pages of "Ron Paul is racist" types of comments in a news article.

anaconda
05-15-2011, 01:17 AM

There's just a lot of things in the article that don't follow. It's the fervor of the actual presidential run that incites all of the action and progress and spreads the message and grows the movement. It's kind of like some article written by a 6th grader for an assignment.

DamianTV
05-15-2011, 01:41 AM
The big advantage that Ron Paul will have if he becomes President as opposed to his current position is the Power of the Veto.

Congress right now has this rubber stamp process where most presidents just rubber stamp whatever bill comes across their desks. I do not believe that Ron will do that. And that is one of the most important reasons why he gets into office.

tangent4ronpaul
05-15-2011, 02:03 AM
One thing I don't get is that the president is head of the executive branch and just about every, if not every regulatory agency is under that. Why couldn't he just issue massive numbers of pink slips, or failing that, order all departments to devote 100% of their personnel and resources to teaching preschoolers how to fold origami flowers, or something.

Fermli
05-15-2011, 02:38 AM
If Ron Paul can change millions of peoples' minds in the next 12 months, so that they elect him president, then the people will elect a Ron Paul friendly congress in the ensuing elections.

anaconda
05-15-2011, 03:47 AM
The big advantage that Ron Paul will have if he becomes President as opposed to his current position is the Power of the Veto.

Congress right now has this rubber stamp process where most presidents just rubber stamp whatever bill comes across their desks. I do not believe that Ron will do that. And that is one of the most important reasons why he gets into office.

Plus the Commander In Chief role that will make the world safe and gut the military industrial complex
Plus turn a liberty attorney general loose on at least 12 years of corruption. The exposure of corruption should be relatively easy under these circumstances while opening people's eyes to the truth and making Paul a hero.

anaconda
05-15-2011, 03:50 AM
One thing I don't get is that the president is head of the executive branch and just about every, if not every regulatory agency is under that. Why couldn't he just issue massive numbers of pink slips, or failing that, order all departments to devote 100% of their personnel and resources to teaching preschoolers how to fold origami flowers, or something.

Great thought. I wonder if there are laws on the books requiring the executive to make cabinet appointments? Could Paul be impeached otherwise? Still, I would think his appointees could gut their respective departments. But we may be getting ahead of ourselves.

Matthew Zak
05-15-2011, 04:00 AM
Rude.

Tinnuhana
05-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Like, "I don't want to be the most powerful man in the world; I want to head the executive branch of the most successful republic in the world."

Occam's Banana
05-15-2011, 05:28 AM
In the last election Paul's campaign raised more than $700,000 in 24 hours during a Presidents Day money bomb on-line event, yet he didnt win a single primary.
DAMN! A lot sure has happened since Presidents Day!
Apparently, I've missed some things!
So what happened? Who won? Any 'tubez??
I gotta lotta catchin' up to do!

Occam's Banana
05-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Sadly, in the today's world of the Unitary Imperial Executive, one man can change whole shitload of things.

Ron Paul, in that seat, could do untold damage to the system in four short years.

This. And it's not just the presidency.
Imagine what would happen if RP was able to get the right cabinet appointments through Congress.
Andrew Napolitano as Attorney General? We're talkin' some name-takin' ass-kickin' house-cleanin' there!

ItsTime
05-15-2011, 06:19 AM
I had the pleasure to talk to Ron Paul and Jesse over dinner. They are playing to win. They truly think Ron Paul CAN win and working to do that.

nandnor
05-15-2011, 09:24 AM
nvm

trey4sports
05-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I had the pleasure to talk to Ron Paul and Jesse over dinner. They are playing to win. They truly think Ron Paul CAN win and working to do that.

Thats great to hear. When did u have dinner with them?

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Uhh, the last guy who tried that got shot in the face before he even began properly. Make no mistake, the president chair is mostly a representative spot, not of true power
Two thoughts on that statement.
Many Ron Paul supporters are armed as a rule. Ron is a man who is comfortable in a room full of armed folks.
Attacking him may be more difficult, considering many of his supporters are natural security.

Secondly, he does not have to be a 'dictator", He will have the podium. The "Bully Pulpit." When he speaks from common sense and Principal it will resonate with real people.
His enemies (our enemies) will have to be very careful to not arouse the wrath of the people.
With him supporting the people much can be done.

Raven West
05-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Ron Paul cannot win the 2012 election. Period. At this point, unless something horrific happens, Obama will be re-elected. There is not one GOP candidate who can beat him and all the name-calling and insults aimed at someone who is simply stating the truth is counterproductive.

Paul has stated over and over during his last campaign that he knew from the start that he had no intention of winning and that the MESSAGE was what mattered.

I was just stating that if you're going to run for any office, knowing you have no intention of winning, your energy, time and money would be much better spent helping those who can.

There is no room for inane name-calling in an intelligent political debate.

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Ron Paul cannot win the 2012 election. Period.

I disagree.
And you went to the trouble of joining the forum to post that. Interesting.

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/128958303608989743.jpg

specsaregood
05-15-2011, 09:56 AM
./

YumYum
05-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Ron Paul cannot win the 2012 election. Period. At this point, unless something horrific happens, Obama will be re-elected. There is not one GOP candidate who can beat him and all the name-calling and insults aimed at someone who is simply stating the truth is counterproductive.

Paul has stated over and over during his last campaign that he knew from the start that he had no intention of winning and that the MESSAGE was what mattered.

I was just stating that if you're going to run for any office, knowing you have no intention of winning, your energy, time and money would be much better spent helping those who can.

If Obama only has an approval rating of 40%, who are the other 60% supposed to vote for?

kah13176
05-15-2011, 09:58 AM
The best candidates for positions of power are those who are most reluctant to weild that power.

reduen
05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Did you know that George Washington did not want to be president..?

QueenB4Liberty
05-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Seriously.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2011, 11:14 AM

You are talking about 2008.

This is 2012.

If Dr. Paul is one thing, it is that he is an honest man.

If he says he is running to WIN, he is running to WIN.

:D

VegasPatriot
05-15-2011, 01:29 PM

Huh... that is your opinion. Unless you are T A Kreskin (The Amazing)

Paul has stated over and over during his last campaign that he knew from the start that he had no intention of winning and that the MESSAGE was what mattered. Really? Link?

I was just stating that if you're going to run for any office, knowing you have no intention of winning, your energy, time and money would be much better spent helping those who can. Wait a minute... you just stated "Obama will be re-elected. There is not one GOP candidate who can beat him". Now you are saying support someone who can (win). You are obviously confused.