PDA

View Full Version : Cops called for help with threatening phone call. Cops show up and shoot family dog dead.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:25 AM
UPDATE - No charges to be filed against cop.

See post #79

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/28020879/detail.html

No bold, no yelling, I'm hoarse from shouting and sick from seeing these stories over and over.

If you value your family, your pets and your life, don't call the cops, please?

Family Dog Killed By Police Officer

Erie Police Officer Feels Threatened, Shoots German Shepherd

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27863147/detail.html

ERIE, Colo. -- A call for help to police ends with a family dog getting shot and killed by the responding officer.

Brittany Landis called Erie Police after she said she got a threatening phone call. She said she was on her porch with her two dogs, a 4-year-old German shepherd and an 11-year-old golden retriever, when Officer Jamie Chester approached through her neighbor's yard.

"As soon as I saw him, the dogs also saw him and started just trotting over there, not rushing over there, not barking, not growling, just curious," said Landis.

"The two made contact, eye contact, and the officer put his hand on his weapon," said neighbor Andy Feero. "He said something to the dog, motioning her not to move and then he started walking backwards."

Landis said she called her dog back.

"I said, 'Ava, nein!' -- our German Shepherd was trained in German," said Landis.

Nein is German for no.

"She heard me. She turned and looked at me and the police officer shot her," said Landis. "I started screaming, 'Oh my God! What did you do? What did you do?' He came towards me and said, 'Ma'am, I had to do it. I had to do it.'"

Neighbors Call Shooting 'Senseless'

"It was a senseless shooting. I didn't hear any barking noises out of her until she got shot," said Feero. "I saw the weapon come out and he let her have it -- (from) six feet away."

According to Erie police Lt. Lee Mathis, Chester perceived a threat to his safety and shot the dog to avoid personal injury. Mathis said the officer reported the dog was baring her teeth and had her hair standing up. He told 7NEWS officers have no obligation to get bit by a dog before protecting themselves.

"Before shooting, did the officer say anything?" asked 7NEWS reporter Marshall Zelinger.

"Nothing. No warning. No, 'Get control of your dog.' Not, 'You get your dog or I'm going to shoot,'" said Landis. "To me, that's scary. You have a police officer out on the force that is that quick to draw out his deadly weapon. That's scary."

Family Took Dog To CSU Vet For Necropsy

Landis told 7NEWS the dog's body was taken to Colorado State University for a necropsy. She said she was told Ava was shot through the back.

"I was told it severed her spinal column. And it went through her liver and her lungs; it ended up in abdomen, so it hit a lot of vital organs."

Mathis told 7NEWS the bullet went through the left shoulder of the dog.

"I want justice for my dog, for my family," said Landis.

The same officer shot and killed a black Labrador in 2007, after it mauled a 9-year-old boy.

bwlibertyman
05-15-2011, 12:29 AM
What a piece of shit.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:36 AM
What a piece of shit.

Important lesson to take away from this:

An "officer" who feels his safety is threatened, now has the right, under the circular force continuum, to use anything they want to neutralize that perceived threat.

Including deadly force.

Used against you.

BamaAla
05-15-2011, 12:41 AM
If these fuckwads feel threatened by a dog standing near them, they should find a new line of work. Where the hell have the Barney and Andy types gone?

Mach
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
I would have went to jail that day.

DA to investigate Erie officer's killing of German shepherd (http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18062067)

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=3755526 http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0513/20110513__20110514_B02_CD14ERIEDOG~p1.JPG

Kotin
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Officers like this one = Scared children.

A real man wouldn't shoot a dog cause he felt threatened.. And in this situation no one should have felt threatened.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:48 AM
If these fuckwads feel threatened by a dog standing near them, they should find a new line of work. Where the hell have the Barney and Andy types gone?

Andy has long since retired.

Barney started taking 500 milligrams a day of anabolic steroids, bulked up, got a whole cache of WMDs, courtesy of the feds, and is now Officer Friendly.

Here he comes now:

http://axiomamuse.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/apc-20090212-741.jpg

speciallyblend
05-15-2011, 12:51 AM

Barney started taking 500 milligrams a day of anabolic steroids, bulked up, got a whole cache of WMDs, courtesy of the feds, and is now Officer Friendly.

Here he comes now:

haha , i was going to say they wouldn't let me be a police officer:) cause i wouldn't arrest the green hippies!!! hey andy like my garden:) i used cell 1:)

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
I would have went to jail that day.

DA to investigate Erie officer's killing of German shepherd (http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18062067)

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=3755526 http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0513/20110513__20110514_B02_CD14ERIEDOG~p1.JPG

"Today the Erie DA announced that the officer involved in the shooting of the Landis family dog, was acting within the parameters of established Erie PD policies regarding officer safety and therefore no charges or restitution are to follow."

/s/ - They haven't really stated that, at least not yet, but I would take bets and gives odds that they will - AF

TheNcredibleEgg
05-15-2011, 01:06 AM
You know what would be cool?

To have a billion dollars (or a FED printing press) and run infommercials nationwide highlighting all these instances and telling people (especially with dogs) to NOT call the police.

aGameOfThrones
05-15-2011, 01:08 AM
I believe the police officer before I believe the mundane... I was taught that way.

COpatriot
05-15-2011, 01:39 AM
I definitely would have been arrested that day if I were in that situation.

jclay2
05-15-2011, 01:48 AM
This is pathetic. What a sad state of affairs we are in. If that were my dog, I think it is quite a good possibility that I would have been shot in that scenario. If the officer feels threatened by a prancing/curious dog (of which the owner had control over), I don't think the officer would have taken well to an irate cursing /verbally threatening 20 year old.

sadam
05-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Who knows what was really happening in this situation, I honestly doubt the dog was "prancing" over to the officer with a wagging tail and big slobbering tounge hanging out of its mouth waiting to lick the officer to death. The article also states that the dog was trained in Germany, which I assume was Schutzhund training which typically doesn't train dogs to happily greet strangers. Tazer most likely would have been a better route. As a fellow officer I HIGHLY urge people to restrain their dogs prior to police arriving so situations like this don't happen. I seriously doubt this officer went there wanting to shoot the dog, and feels bad that he did, at least I know I would. All though there are some very bad eggs out there there are still many great and caring officers. Back to a more important issue Ron Paul 2012!

EndDaFed
05-15-2011, 04:09 AM
I believe the police officer before I believe the mundane... I was taught that way.

You are a good citizen slave.

A Son of Liberty
05-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Who knows what was really happening in this situation, I honestly doubt the dog was "prancing" over to the officer with a wagging tail and big slobbering tounge hanging out of its mouth waiting to lick the officer to death. The article also states that the dog was trained in Germany, which I assume was Schutzhund training which typically doesn't train dogs to happily greet strangers. Tazer most likely would have been a better route. As a fellow officer I HIGHLY urge people to restrain their dogs prior to police arriving so situations like this don't happen. I seriously doubt this officer went there wanting to shoot the dog, and feels bad that he did, at least I know I would. All though there are some very bad eggs out there there are still many great and caring officers. Back to a more important issue Ron Paul 2012!

Maybe Officer Tough-guy shouldn't have approached this family, who'd called police because they had been victimized themselves, from the neighbor's yard? Police officers still have to respect private property... at least ostensibly, anyway. Perhaps, if as you suggest (even though this contradicts the property owners and the neighbors statements) the dog was approaching the officer in a threatening way, Officer Tough-guy should have backed away from the property, and approached it from the public right-of-way, like the rest of us would. Perhaps he could have done ANY FREAKING NUMBER OF THINGS that would have avoided a situation where he ends up shooting a family - who called for his freaking help - pet!?

Give me a break with this garbage... this guy, and this guy alone, is responsible for shooting a dog that was at best ACTUALLY doing it's job of protecting this family or at worst approaching Officer Tough-guy as described.

The dog had stopped and was looking at her owner. This punk should have turned and approached the property correctly and respectfully. As a fellow private property owner, I HIGHLY urge cops to treat people and their property with respect, and figure out ways to not draw their weapons.

This is utterly disgusting...

amy31416
05-15-2011, 04:51 AM

You really ought to read up on shutzhund training. Nein means nein to a dog trained in such a manner, which, by the way, doesn't mean the dog was trained in Germany.

akforme
05-15-2011, 05:45 AM
I was out on a walk and had a dog charge me. I pulled my gun and figured I'd wait to see if he actually bit me. I never shot the dog, he got about 3 feet and just barked like crazy.

TruckinMike
05-15-2011, 06:44 AM
//

ghengis86
05-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Why are cops such big pussies? I've been attacked by some pretty big, viscous dogs before and never ounce did I think to pull out my .40 and plug the furry thing. Usually a swift kick to the head/mid-section and they keep to barking. Even retreating to the car is easier, while waiting for the owner to lock/chain the dog. Bunch a pussies the lot if them.

Freedom 4 all
05-15-2011, 08:20 AM
If you value the life of your pets or self, DO NOT CALL THE POLICE!!

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 08:22 AM
"Today the Erie DA announced that the officer involved in the shooting of the Landis family dog, was acting within the parameters of established Erie PD policies regarding officer safety and therefore no charges or restitution are to follow."

I fully expected to find that in this thread.
:(

Live Free or Die
05-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Disgusting. I noticed the neighbor who was filming it got the cop on camera coming over to his property and glaring into the camera- WTF? I'd like to see the neighbor's video.

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Who knows what was really happening in this situation,

People that own dogs.
People that have had experience with police.
People with common sense and some decency.
People that have seen this hundreds of times before.

nocompromises
05-15-2011, 11:08 AM
That cop is a piece of filth.

nocompromises
05-15-2011, 11:10 AM
A very true quote comes to mind here....

"Not matter how grave or desperate any situation may appear to be, it can always be made worse by the presence of a police officer."

coastie
05-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Important lesson to take away from this:

An "officer" who feels his safety is threatened, now has the right, under the circular force continuum, to use anything they want to neutralize that perceived threat.

Including deadly force.

Used against you.

On this note, in several of the states, YOU also have this very same right if the officer had shot your human relative in these exact circumstances. Not sure about pets, but they are considered "property" under some state laws, which state laws.

Better pray you have your own video surveillance and three hundred witnesses nowadays tho.:(

AFPVet
05-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Do not call the police unless you...

1. want your dog shot
2. want to be arrested for bothering them
3. want to be shot for bothering them

... this ain't your daddy's America. The Constitution which I have taken an oath to support and defend is only an archaic relic in contemporary society.

This needs to stop... and it needs to stop yesterday!

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:01 PM

You're a cop?

Great.

Tell us about the circular force continuum.

Tell what you are authorized to do if "officer safety" is in jeopardy.

Oh, and read carefully, I think this was already pointed out, but, the article never said the dog was trained in Germany, it said the dog was trained in German.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Do not call the police unless you...

1. want your dog shot
2. want to be arrested for bothering them
3. want to be shot for bothering them

... this ain't your daddy's America. The Constitution which I have taken an oath to support and defend is only an archaic relic in contemporary society.

This needs to stop... and it needs to stop yesterday!

Brother, you were law enforcement and can see it plain as day.

The Indiana Supreme Court has said so:

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence,"

+rep (when I get some more ammo) for an honest assessment from somebody "in the know".

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:12 PM
On this note, in several of the states, YOU also have this very same right if the officer had shot your human relative in these exact circumstances. Not sure about pets, but they are considered "property" under some state laws, which state laws.
Better pray you have your own video surveillance and three hundred witnesses nowadays tho.:(

I'm glad you checked into this thread.

What can you tell us about the lethal force matrix?

I first learned of the fed training of this new "dynamic" when an AB of mine, that was still active USCG reserve, verified that circular force continuum that I rattle on so much about.

The upshot was, if you were doing a boarding and perceived a threat of any level, you were authorized to use any force, including lethal force, to "neutralize" that threat.

Did you do armed boardings while on active duty?

AFPVet
05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Brother, you were law enforcement and can see it plain as day.

The Indiana Supreme Court has said so:

+rep (when I get some more ammo) for an honest assessment from somebody "in the know".

Thanks buddy :) It is sad to see what our country has become. Many are out of work, inflation of all types are growing out of control... government corruption is increasing....

Philhelm
05-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Police ROE seem less strict than military ROE. Maybe not in all circumstances, but generally speaking. With each passing year, the police seem more akin to an occupying army. :(

jmag
05-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Do you have a source on this? I'm not finding it locally.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Do you have a source on this? I'm not finding it locally.

Sorry, my mistake, that was sarcasm on my part.

Let me go back and edit that to make it clear.

Philhelm
05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks buddy :) It is sad to see what our country has become. Many are out of work, inflation of all types are growing out of control... government corruption is increasing....

Not to derail the thread, but I think that a real, blatant indicator that we're doomed is that there is such a high percentage of American citizens on food stamps. I forget the exact figure, but it was something like 1/6 or 1/8...in either case, that's insane!

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Wrong post, whoops, too many open windows

Philhelm
05-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry, my mistake, that was sarcasm on my part.

Let me go back and edit that to make it clear.

I'm sure the outcome of this will prove your sarcasm correct. I'd put money on it, in fact.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Not to derail the thread, but I think that a real, blatant indicator that we're doomed is that there is such a high percentage of American citizens on food stamps. I forget the exact figure, but it was something like 1/6 or 1/8...in either case, that's insane!

How timely you should mention that.

Let me direct you to this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?293034-10-States-That-Rely-The-Most-On-Food-Stamps-USDA

14.3 percent US total, in the five highest states 19.6 to 20.6 percent of total population.

Philhelm
05-15-2011, 12:56 PM
How timely you should mention that.

Let me direct you to this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?293034-10-States-That-Rely-The-Most-On-Food-Stamps-USDA

14.3 percent US total, in the five highest states 19.6 to 20.6 percent of total population.

Approximately 1/7 nationally; 1/5 in the worst states...on foodstamps. That's insane! It's almost beyond belief.

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 01:07 PM
All though there are some very bad eggs out there there are still many great and caring officers.

in legalese
Assumes facts not in evidence.

When I start hearing stories of other officers shooting these psychopaths down where they stand or immediately arresting them and speaking to the press of non-tolerance of this behavior, I may believe that there are some good.
until then
"There are no good cops or there would be NO bad cops."

AFPVet
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
... and when social disorder occurs, who is always there? Desperate people do desperate things.

Has anyone wondered what will happen when there are no more dogs for these pathetic excuses for law enforcement officers to shoot? Maybe little Andy decides to pick up a toy tractor and runs around the yard where a roided out goon is standing....

Philhelm
05-15-2011, 01:26 PM
The problem with cops (well, not the problem, as there are many, but just roll with me) is that they take themselves far, far too seriously over any issue, no matter how trivial. This goes well beyond mere power-tripping. Someone not wearing a seatbelt becomes a holy crusade of righteousness in the mind of a cop. They think they are oh so important, and make a point of letting mundanse know it whenever the opportunity arises. Most cops simply don't help people, or if they do so, it's rarely. There jobs are often to ticket people for bullshit reasons, yet they get a gun and authority with it; it's sickening! Ugh!

thehungarian
05-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Well, I was having a pleasant day so far. Brewers winning 6-0.. Greinke dominating.. then I read that and now my day is ruined.

In my experience I have met only one "good" officer. And he was a retired, so he wasn't even an officer anymore.

JK/SEA
05-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I told a cop on a car forum off topics section, that i was more afraid of cops than a criminal, because criminals don't have crooked judges and lawyers and a fascist union to back them up. His reply after one week from posting that?...silence. I also have been posting abuse video's and news stories which initially sent him into a namecalling frenzy towards me. I'm also getting other posters in there giving me support, and some of these guys are literally freaking out over some of the vids i post. Eyes are being opened.

Dr.3D
05-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I was out on a walk and had a dog charge me. I pulled my gun and figured I'd wait to see if he actually bit me. I never shot the dog, he got about 3 feet and just barked like crazy.

That's what mine do when they see somebody out in the road. They run up to the edge of the road and jump up and down barking. I suppose if the person in the road turned out to be a cop, I would end up in prison for protecting my property.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 02:02 PM
I told a cop on a car forum off topics section, that i was more afraid of cops than a criminal, because criminals don't have crooked judges and lawyers and a fascist union to back them up. His reply after one week from posting that?...silence. I also have been posting abuse video's and news stories which initially sent him into a namecalling frenzy towards me. I'm also getting other posters in there giving me support, and some of these guys are literally freaking out over some of the vids i post. Eyes are being opened.

Online activism +rep

Pericles
05-15-2011, 03:38 PM

Here he comes now:

Bet that won't survive a hit from a .50 cal. - and if I had a rifle for every dog shot by the police .....

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 05:02 PM
When I start hearing stories of other officers shooting these psychopaths down where they stand or immediately arresting them and speaking to the press of non-tolerance of this behavior, I may believe that there are some good.

+1776

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

BlackTerrel
05-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Wow. This is a highly disturbing story. I almost couldn't read - what a sick individual.

coastie
05-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm glad you checked into this thread.

What can you tell us about the lethal force matrix?

I first learned of the fed training of this new "dynamic" when an AB of mine, that was still active USCG reserve, verified that circular force continuum that I rattle on so much about.

The upshot was, if you were doing a boarding and perceived a threat of any level, you were authorized to use any force, including lethal force, to "neutralize" that threat.

Did you do armed boardings while on active duty?

Yes-I was a Boarding Officer, not one of the MSO/MSD guys that you are probably very familiar with in your line of work:p.

We always carried weapons(SIG P229 .40) on "patrols", which were nothing more than "safety inspections", and 14 USC 89 gives the CG the authority to board any vessel, at any time, including US flagged vessels on the high seas (<200 miles out at sea).

The Use of Force Continum states that "any force, up to and including lethal force, may be used to compel compliance..." Paraphrasing, but that's it in a nutshell. Six levels:

Level 1: Officer Presence. This means the uniform, gun, boat/car, etc that LE is using. To paraphrase it, it basically says that the sheep will do what they're told because of our mere presence(read:intimidation), and it's right, very rarely did I ever go past this.

Level 2: Verbal Commands: The mundanes will listen to your authoratah, no mater what, or else you can go to

Level 3: Pepper spray-

Level 4: Aggressive response techniques, pressure points, restrain tactics, escort, etc.

Level 5: Intermediate Weapons- baton-anything that has a probability in damage to mucous membranes, broken bones, skin lacerations

Level 6: Lethal Weapons/Deadly Force;pistol, 12 ga remmy 870, M16. Anything that has a high probablity of causing death. BTW, knocking someone out is considered lethal force.

4 levels of "subjects":

L1-Passive Compliant ("does what it's told")

L2 Passive Resistive (does what it's told, but doesn't physically resist)

L3 Passive Aggressive: Doesn't do what it's told, resists( not attacks) arrest, braces from being moved, etc.

L4 Active Aggressive: Full out attacking the officers.

On a side note, and not in any way defending the .gov or any LE agency, the CG has never been involved in a wrongful shooting that I've ever heard of, and very few either way.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 06:20 PM
"any force, up to and including lethal force, may be used to compel compliance..."

Thanks brother, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Note carefully what he said here: any force to compel compliance.

NOT any force to defend from an imminent attack or respond in kind.

No, any force to compel compliance, and by extension, protect officer safety. (this is what I read all the time in landbased LEO reports)

And no, the MSO guys are not usually armed, but I suspect that will change after a while.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes-I was a Boarding Officer, not one of the MSO/MSD guys that you are probably very familiar with in your line of work:p.

We always carried weapons(SIG P229 .40) on "patrols", which were nothing more than "safety inspections", and 14 USC 89 gives the CG the authority to board any vessel, at any time, including US flagged vessels on the high seas (<200 miles out at sea).

The Use of Force Continum states that "any force, up to and including lethal force, may be used to compel compliance..." Paraphrasing, but that's it in a nutshell. Six levels:

Level 1: Officer Presence. This means the uniform, gun, boat/car, etc that LE is using. To paraphrase it, it basically says that the sheep will do what they're told because of our mere presence(read:intimidation), and it's right, very rarely did I ever go past this.

Level 2: Verbal Commands: The mundanes will listen to your authoratah, no mater what, or else you can go to

Level 3: Pepper spray-

Level 4: Aggressive response techniques, pressure points, restrain tactics, escort, etc.

Level 5: Intermediate Weapons- baton-anything that has a probability in damage to mucous membranes, broken bones, skin lacerations

Level 6: Lethal Weapons/Deadly Force;pistol, 12 ga remmy 870, M16. Anything that has a high probablity of causing death. BTW, knocking someone out is considered lethal force.

4 levels of "subjects":

L1-Passive Compliant ("does what it's told")

L2 Passive Resistive (does what it's told, but doesn't physically resist)

L3 Passive Aggressive: Doesn't do what it's told, resists( not attacks) arrest, braces from being moved, etc.

L4 Active Aggressive: Full out attacking the officers.

On a side note, and not in any way defending the .gov or any LE agency, the CG has never been involved in a wrongful shooting that I've ever heard of, and very few either way.

On this topic as an OS (Radiomen) I have gotten into many heated arguments with my shop about 14 USC 89 being unconstitutional. How can the CG search & board without warrant or due cause (and I think the 'safety' jargon is fucking bullshit to high heaven) when the same cannot be said of Cops. The 4th Amendment is quite clear to me, yet they still incessantly repeat their propaganda or roll their eyes at me. I think the whole LE part of the CG is a total abomination and BMs should be solely SAR and ME rate should be disbanded, and then the CG abolished and the market (insurance, Tow Boat US, Marinas, Good Sams, etc.) can handle SAR. It shouldn't be the damn responsibility of some guy living in Nebraska to pay for the enjoyment of water activities of individuals living in Florida or Washington.

Besides, there is no Constitutional authority for the CG to even exist. Another abomination from Wilson. The Life-Saving Service should have remained a private and local affair for humanitarian aid to sailors and mariners.

PS: What is even worse are Post-SAR boardings! It's basically an ultimatum -- we'll come, but we'll also illegally invade your property and do what the hell we want -- no matter the fact we are forced to pay for the CG existence in the first place. Some 'servant' that is. Now, that isn't knocking the people in the CG -- there are a great many good people whom I have had the pleasure to meet. Normal people of all environments. The institution is the malignant force.

daviddee
05-15-2011, 07:11 PM

Anti Federalist
05-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Ugh.

I was just saying to myself the other day, "It has been a great couple of weeks. No known dog killings to post!"

This was just added to dogmurderers.com with the title:

"Dog Owner Learns Not To Call The Police"

Brother, I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but I found more than a few over the past couple of weeks.

They would have got buried in all the UBL hoopla, so I didn't post 'em.

daviddee
05-15-2011, 09:13 PM

tnvoter
05-15-2011, 09:26 PM
again? son of a

James Madison
05-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Wonder what would have happened if a mundane had shot a police dog in "self-defence"? Methinks a cop would have shot said mundane on-site and then been given an award for bravery.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Dead dog bump

PlzPeopleWakeUp
05-16-2011, 10:43 AM
I love Big Brother.

JK/SEA
05-16-2011, 10:44 AM
I just had one of my dogs die on me before i could get her to the vet on time to be put down gently. I still to this day since early in May feel like i failed her. I know she suffered. I feel so much guilt and sadness still, and when i think of the day i watched her take her last breath, i start to cry a little. I'm a big guy, a macho dude, not afraid of much of anything really, but that day will haunt me forever, and when i read these dog killings by cops i just think these guys must be real cowards, and they get to be cops. What in the hell is wrong with those who are supposed to be in charge of these scum?

Acala
05-16-2011, 10:49 AM
any force to compel compliance.

NOT any force to defend from an imminent attack or respond in kind.

No, any force to compel compliance, and by extension, protect officer safety. (this is what I read all the time in landbased LEO reports)

This is the bottom law for EVERY law. Every law, no matter how silly, or unobjectionable is ultimately enforced with a hot bullet. Remember EVERY call for government to "do something" means do something with whatever force is necessary to compel compiance.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 10:55 AM
When you see one but don't have the time to post... please send to: admin@doghomicide.com

I am constantly on the search... the only ones I have seen lately are cops killing pit bulls. Which, although noteworthy, do not have the impact the site needs as people are pre-programmed to assume Pit Bull = Vicious Killing Machine.

Will do.

Great work with the site, btw.

AFPVet
05-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I just had one of my dogs die on me before i could get her to the vet on time to be put down gently. I still to this day since early in May feel like i failed her. I know she suffered. I feel so much guilt and sadness still, and when i think of the day i watched her take her last breath, i start to cry a little. I'm a big guy, a macho dude, not afraid of much of anything really, but that day will haunt me forever, and when i read these dog killings by cops i just think these guys must be real cowards, and they get to be cops. What in the hell is wrong with those who are supposed to be in charge of these scum?

I often wonder about this too. My military LE squadron was extremely strict with regards to the Constitution, UCMJ and policies. When I became a reserve deputy for the local sheriff's department, there was much less strict adherence for the full time guys... but we were always treated like we had something to prove.

Bottom line, it's the command staff under the Sheriff/Chief who are responsible for maintaining a constitutionally educated and peace driven law enforcement force. Departments are getting more corrupt and some officers are getting into the roids....

Kelly.
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
this happened on the street a friend of mine lives on. just got back from visiting them this weekend and talked all about this.

edit:
here is another article on it:
http://www.dailycamera.com/erie-news/ci_18043581

the cops showed up to the wrong house, ans shot the dog as it turned around to comply with its owners command.

this cop = piece of shit

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
this happened on the street a friend of mine lives on. just got back from visiting them this weekend and talked all about this.

edit:
here is another article on it:
http://www.dailycamera.com/erie-news/ci_18043581

the cops showed up to the wrong house, ans shot the dog as it turned around to comply with its owners command.

this cop = piece of shit

Just like the ratio of people that are/have been/know somebody that has been in prison, has increased to a 1 in 5, the ratio of people that have suffered death/injury/property loss/loss of a pet, because of cops will increase to the same ratio.

freshjiva
05-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Fuck the police. As a dog lover, this seriously pisses me off.

aGameOfThrones
05-16-2011, 07:55 PM
If you're going to call the police...protect your dog with a vest. http://www.k9storm.com/cataloguenew01.html

AFPVet
05-16-2011, 09:04 PM
If you're going to call the police...protect your dog with a vest. http://www.k9storm.com/cataloguenew01.html

While you're at it, get some for you and your family too!

aGameOfThrones
05-16-2011, 09:32 PM

Yeah, that too.

daviddee
05-16-2011, 10:33 PM

daviddee
05-16-2011, 10:34 PM

pcosmar
05-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Can't.
I am a prohibited person.
It is a felony for me to own defensive clothing.

amy31416
05-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Can't.

GTFO! You've got to be kidding me................................................ ...............................yeah, I know you aren't.

BamaAla
05-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Can't.

Crock-o-shit ain't it? You really come across as a danger to society:mad:

Anti Federalist
05-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Crock-o-shit ain't it? You really come across as a danger to society:mad:

Ummm, folks...when looked at from the system's PoV, we are, all of us, menaces to society.

At least a menace to the society "they" are working day and night to set up.

Pericles
05-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Ummm, folks...when looked at from the system's PoV, we are, all of us, menaces to society.

At least a menace to the society "they" are working day and night to set up.
And there is only one solution to that:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."
— Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/10420.Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn)

Anti Federalist
05-17-2011, 11:07 AM
+rep

And there is only one solution to that:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."
— Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/10420.Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn)

Anti Federalist
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
No charges to be filed against cop, was a "justified" shooting.

Yeah, I'm shocked.../s/

No Criminal Charges Against Officer In Dog Shooting

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/28020879/detail.html

Chester said as he retreated behind his parked car, one dog crouched down and lunged at him. Chester said he felt threatened. When he shot the dog in the shoulder, Chester said it was within an arm’s-length of him.

The final necropsy report indicated the entry wound was consistent with the officer’s account that the dog lunged toward him before he fired his service weapon, officials said.

Ava's owner told 7NEWS her dog did walk toward the officer, but she wasn't barking or growling. She said that the officer never warned her that he was going to shoot the dog.

"Based on the threat of officer safety, Officer Chester was justified in using deadly physical force, and therefore he did not needlessly kill the dog," said District Attorney Stanley L. Garnett in a letter to the police chief. "Chester’s actions did not constitute criminal conduct and no criminal charges will be filed."

Anti Federalist
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Owner suing town of Erie, police officer over fatal 2011 dog shooting

Brittany Moore: 'They did wrong. They need to be made responsible for what they did'
By Mitchell Byars, Camera Staff Writer

Posted: 07/05/2012 06:56:12 AM MDT
Updated: 07/05/2012 03:27:50 PM MDT

http://www.timescall.com/ci_21010869/owner-suing-erie-police-over-fatal-dog-shooting?source=most_viewed

It's been more than a year since Brittany Moore watched an Erie police officer fatally shoot her 4-year-old German shepherd Ava, but she said the events that took place that night still haunt her.

"It's been very painful," Moore said Thursday. "We still miss her. We will always miss her."

Now, Moore is suing the town of Erie and police Officer Jamie Chester over Ava's death. Attorneys with the Wheat Ridge-based Animal Law Center filed the lawsuit in Boulder District Court on Thursday on behalf of Moore and her three daughters. The family is seeking damages for civil rights violations, emotional harm and willful and wanton contact.

"They took our family member from us," Moore said. "They did wrong. They need to be made responsible for what they did."
Erie police Lt. Lee Mathis and Erie town spokesman Fred Diehl said they couldn’t comment because the town has yet to be served with Moore’s lawsuit. Chester, who could not be reached Thursday, is still with the police department, Mathis said.

On May 10, 2011, Moore said she called 911 after receiving threatening phone calls from her fiancé's ex-girlfriend at her house at 437 Conrad Drive. At around 8 p.m., Chester responded on the call, but mistakenly went to Moore's neighbor's house at 443 Conrad Drive, Moore said.

At the time, Moore said her two dogs, Ava and Lucy, were sitting in her yard. When she went next door to talk to Chester, the two dogs followed. When Chester began walking toward Moore's house, both dogs went up to Chester, who Moore said immediately put his hand on his holster and began backing up.

Moore said she became concerned for her dogs and called out "nein" -- "no" in German.

Moore said Ava -- who had a rawhide bone in her mouth the entire time -- turned her head toward Moore about 5 or 6 feet away from Chester before he opened fire, mortally wounding the dog. In his report, Chester said the dog bared its teeth and lunged at him,

Dr.3D
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Stupid cop needs his eyes examined if he sees a white rawhide bone and thinks it's teeth. I guess he saw what he wanted to see.