PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Hewitt: RNC Should Exile Herman Cain, Gary Johnson, and Ron Paul from Future Debates

RonPaulFanInGA
05-14-2011, 10:34 PM
h XXp://www.hughhewitt.com/blog/g/ca8df70b-a2fb-43ba-84d0-1ad4d11675de

This is why the GOP needs to rethink its debate schedule and why the RNC should take over the operation of the debates and exile Cain, Johnson and Paul as well as every other candidate without a prayer of winning. (Santorum is a long shot, but he has a realistic though small chance of winning the nomination, while the others do not.) The seriousness of the fiscal crisis requires the GOP and its candidates to act seriously, and allowing marginal candidates to eat up time and distract from the enormous problems facing the country is not serious.

Chester Copperpot
05-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh so I guess Santorum is the winner? Huge Wit has spoken?

cavalier973
05-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Ha Ha! Hewitt was the guy who went all out for Romney last time around; he said that Huckabee didn't "have a chance", and yet Huckabee got more delegates to the convention than Romney.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Who???

freshjiva
05-14-2011, 10:38 PM
(Santorum is a long shot, but he has a realistic though small chance of winning the nomination, while the others do not.)

I can't even begin to understand what that means.

freshjiva
05-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Who???

+1

Anti Federalist
05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Wow, not often that an establishment type (whom I still have no clue as to who he is) comes right out and says it:

Our national security depends on our economy and its ability to pay for the SEALs and the rest of the amazing American military.

There you have it: they are finally starting to realize the Empire is in danger because the Empire is broke.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
I can't even begin to understand what that means.

Hugh Hewitt = huge dimwit

Ron Paul is in double-digits, is polling the best head-to-head vs. Obama and is a fundraising force. How's that not serious?

nate895
05-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Santorum, but not Paul, has a shot at winning? That's just stupid. I don't care how you look at it. Second place in Iowa is just not a serious enough contender for Hewitt.

Legend1104
05-14-2011, 10:45 PM
h XXp://www.hughhewitt.com/blog/g/ca8df70b-a2fb-43ba-84d0-1ad4d11675de

He is right. I mean it is not like FOX set up the questions to be asked. It is not like they never asked Ron Paul an economic question, and it is not like Ron Paul sought out a debate on heroin.

This is just dumb. Fox set up the crapy off topic questions. Ron Paul would probably love to just talk about economics all debate long. He would clean up if they did. Why are they blaming him for what Fox did? Oh wait, I almost forgot that they hate Ron Paul. Never mind.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Hugh Hewitt = huge dimwit

Ron Paul is in double-digits, is polling the best head-to-head vs. Obama and is a fundraising force. How's that not serious?

Foolish Mundane, he doesn't want to vaporize our enemies in far off regions of the world and blow them to tiny bits, in the Lord's mercy.

If you don't understand that the only reason we exist is to engage in commerce and make as much money as we can so that a certain amount can be used to fund our glorious efforts and our amazing (amazing) Military, then you are "not serious".

Seriously.

steph3n
05-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Pugh Fewitt is a pain to listen to anyway, the only good thing is the station he comes on also has freetalklive.

AlexanderY
05-14-2011, 10:55 PM
This could also be a way of the establishment casting Herman Cain as an "anti-establishment" candidate.

The "conservative" establishment has chosen Cain. The MSM will root for another candidate, probably a Romney/Pawlenty with "moderate" appeal. Cain will look "anti-establishment," but he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Yes, I am this much of a cynic.

Cain = Establishment - The guy worked for the Fed and claimed that while he supported TARP, he did not like the way it was executed.

Sola_Fide
05-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Who Whowitt?

civusamericanus
05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
This could also be a way of the establishment casting Herman Cain as an "anti-establishment" candidate.

The "conservative" establishment has chosen Cain. The MSM will root for another candidate, probably a Romney/Pawlenty with "moderate" appeal. Cain will look "anti-establishment," but he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Yes, I am this much of a cynic.

Cain = Establishment - The guy worked for the Fed and claimed that while he supported TARP, he did not like the way it was executed.

So we can expect them to say, "Ok Cain can be the long shot outsider, but Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are fringe and out.". Ron Paul gets more media coverage then all of them, yet he's the fringe. I don't see the tone from the media excluding Ron Paul from the debates, if the RNC tries to it's going to get ugly.

steph3n
05-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Lars Larson is of the same mold but he says something like he doens't talk about Paul negative because he doens't want to be bombarded with email...

Theocrat
05-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Hugh Hewitt is so concerned about the "seriousness of the fiscal crisis requires the GOP and its candidates to act seriously," but yet, he wants to exile the best candidate in the Republican Party (Ron Paul) who understands the solutions which can get us out of this crisis? Who else in the GOP has helped the nation turn its eyes towards the Fed? What other Republican warned about the bursting of the housing bubble years before it happened? Hewitt needs to get a clue.

ronpaulitician
05-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I agree with Hugh. Anyone who doesn't stand a chance of winning should not be in these debates.

Since there will only be one winner, there should only be one candidate.

The only way to determine that candidate is taking a major national poll that was recently done by an unbiased party, and see who has the best shot at winning against Obama. CNN qualifies.

Legend1104
05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree with Hugh. Anyone who doesn't stand a chance of winning should not be in these debates.

Since there will only be one winner, there should only be one candidate.

The only way to determine that candidate is taking a major national poll that was recently done by an unbiased party, and see who has the best shot at winning against Obama. CNN qualifies.

interesting concept. What if they had some type of debate or or maybe a vote to see which one that would be?

South Park Fan
05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Romney shill doesn't want Romney opponents in debate? What a surprise!

sailingaway
05-14-2011, 11:17 PM
I think we should exile Hewitt from our notice. Does anyone pay attention to what this guy says besides us?

doodle
05-14-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if sometimes some on this forum crave for any negative news by any nobody lol There is plenty negative news and spin in MSM, I think negative crap from obscure people looking for attention should be ignored. That can be just waste of time imo.

Carehn
05-14-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't like the attitude. This guy acts as if some people based on how they think politically can just assume the role of leader over the rest of us because they 'know what is right'...

I would not want this guy around a gun!!! What kind of nutty sociopath are we dealing with? Besides, this guy is kinda a fringe thinker. All the candidates he seems to support are unelectable. America cant afford to risk the life's of their war hero gambling on this guys radical isolationist view points. The party and America need a strong conservative Republican that can lead us to victory in 2012.

God it feels good to just pull stuff like that out of no where and throw it at someone!!!! From now on I'm just going to tell people that romney is Unelectable and we should nominate someone who can win in 2012, like Ron Paul.

iamse7en
05-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Lol this thread was hilarious to read through. I can't wake for more of these negative news posts throughout the primary. Great stuff!

angelatc
05-14-2011, 11:59 PM
I think conservatives should banish the RNC from the party, but thats not going to happen either.

AGRP
05-15-2011, 12:12 AM
The problem with neocons during the debates is that their stupid rhetoric can't stand up to real issues such as the Federal Reserve.

nocompromises
05-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Ron Paul is the only candidate that can save our economy!

nocompromises
05-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Of course the only way to save it is by letting it crash, and build back up without creating a bubble!