PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you have seen the "Judgement Day" billboards all across the country.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Some Believe May 21 is Judgment Day

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/unusual/some-believe-may-21-is-judgment-day-dpgoha-20110512-fc_13162541?obref=obinsite

Is Judgment Day really May 21?

For some believers, it is. And they are in full speed-ahead-mode getting the dire message out to all who will listen, read their billboards, or read the doomsday pamphlets they hand out.

It's quite a bold endeavor, especially when, as Bible scholars note, that Jesus himself said in Matthew 24:6 that neither he nor the angels in heaven know the day and hour when the end would come, "but my father only."

Kevin Brown, who owns his own nutrition and wellness business, told NPR that the Judgement Day message can be found throughout the Bible, but only some can decode it.

He and many others believe that on May 21, "starting in the Pacific Rim at around the 6 p.m. local time hour, in each time zone, there will be a great earthquake, such as has never been in the history of the Earth," he told NPR.

Brown added that true Christian believers will be "raptured" to heaven. For nonbelievers, Brown said, "It's just the horror of horror stories and on top of all that, there's no more salvation at that point. And then the Bible says it will be 153 days later that the entire universe and planet Earth will be destroyed forever."

Leading the campaign is Family Radio, a nonprofit fundamentalist Christian group based in Oakland, Calif., that has declared May 21, 2011, as the day of Armageddon. Family Radio has been funding the campaign through an outreach program it calls "Project Caravan," reported ABC News .

But Family Radio's leader, Harold Camping, has been wrong before in his end-times predictions.

In his book " 1994 ," he predicted the end would come in 1994. Camping said that no, we can't know the day or hour, but we can know the month and year of Christ's return.

Tom Evans, a spokesman for Family Radio, told ABC News that Camping was "thrown off a correct calculation because of some verses in Matthew 24."

When 1994 passed and Camping remained on Earth, he headed back to the drawing board and came up with May 21, 2011, reported ABC News.

FrankRep
05-14-2011, 10:01 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever...

steve005
05-14-2011, 10:28 PM
cia funded to warn about haarp?

nate895
05-14-2011, 10:32 PM
cia funded to warn about haarp?

It's a crazy old man. That's all.

Bruno
The only thing that could stop Ron Paul from becoming POTUS. ;)

specsaregood
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever...

It isn't whatever. Ive seen a few cars wth stickers advertising this date. Hopefully they all run off and aren't heard of again after nothing happens.

Carehn
05-14-2011, 10:33 PM
In this case i must post personal info online and brag that the 21st is my b-day!!!

ghengis86
05-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Armgeddon comes to everyone at some point in their life. For some it's a car accident, others old age. But nobody lives forever so live each day like it's your last and you'll discover the true meaning of all these 'doomsday' prophecies: it gives these rapture-predicting people something to live for that they haven't already found inside themselves. Don't worry about the day, the time or the method.

"death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back"

Agorism
05-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Every 10 years or so they think the world is ending. They've been doing this for as long as people can remember.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2011, 11:00 PM
It isn't whatever. Ive seen a few cars wth stickers advertising this date. Hopefully they all run off and aren't heard of again after nothing happens.

I saw the billboards all across the country.

sevin
05-14-2011, 11:01 PM
On May 22 I'm throwing a "the world didn't come to and end!" party. It's gonna be epic.

specsaregood
05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
//

ronpaulitician
05-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Are these people going to give away all their stock on May 20?
(Billboard sighted on I5 here in Los Angeles.)

Maximus
05-14-2011, 11:09 PM
There is a lot of money in this movement, huge billboards across the country (in cities and prime locations as well)

Anti Federalist
05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Ah, my wife just informed me that she saw such a billboard on 95 outside philly. i'll make sure to email them a big image of nelson come the next day.

Yah, I thought it might just have been some "down south" thing, but then I noticed them on the final leg home all the way through the NE.

wizardwatson
05-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Armgeddon comes to everyone at some point in their life. For some it's a car accident, others old age. But nobody lives forever so live each day like it's your last and you'll discover the true meaning of all these 'doomsday' prophecies: it gives these rapture-predicting people something to live for that they haven't already found inside themselves. Don't worry about the day, the time or the method.

"death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back"

I was actually gonna post something along the same lines.

People who believe this stuff (and perhaps to some extent those who pay attention to these predicted events as they pass) are really just hoping that there is something out there that gives explanation or meaning to this life. It is kind of saddening when you think of all the people who overly vested themselves in these ideas to the point that they throw away their jobs/savings.

Maximus
05-17-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/major-supernatural-event-this-saturday

Here is a great article debunking this

Razmear
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
http://razmear.us/rapture.jpg

stolen from:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.121968371215699#!/event.php?eid=121968371215699

Kelly.
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
On May 22 I'm throwing a "the world didn't come to and end!" party. It's gonna be epic.

careful buddy, god says itll take 153 days for the world to totally end.

see you on oct 21st??? ill bring some beer! :P

ssantoro
05-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Ah, my wife just informed me that she saw such a billboard on 95 outside philly. i'll make sure to email them a big image of nelson come the next day.

Our company is working on the construction of the I95 welcome rest stop half mile before the stupid billboard.

Zippyjuan
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
There is one a couple miles from me in San Diego (yes, along a highway).

Kevin Brown, who owns his own nutrition and wellness business, told NPR that the Judgement Day message can be found throughout the Bible, but only some can decode it.

Implies that they are "in on" God's secret- that only they truely understand what God means and intends. When it fails to happen, they will not say that they were wrong, only that God has, in His Mercy, decided to delay Judgement Day to spare the faithful's lives. Remember the tale of Sodom and Momorrah- "If you find one honest person, I will spare the cities". A clever ploy- either way it comes out, they can take it as an affirmation that their faith is proper and good- that they are part of the "chosen ones".

wizardwatson
05-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Implies that they are "in on" God's secret- that only they truely understand what God means and intends. When it fails to happen, they will not say that they were wrong, only that God has, in His Mercy, decided to delay Judgement Day to spare the faithful's lives. Remember the tale of Sodom and Momorrah- "If you find one honest person, I will spare the cities". A clever ploy- either way it comes out, they can take it as an affirmation that their faith is proper and good.

WeatherBill....

Only he said that the "Earthquake/Tsunami Sep. 3 2010" was stopped by some prayer vigil that convinced God to do his wrath thing another day.

Kelly.
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
people should look into the "seekers" to get an idea of how these people think.
brief: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seekers_%28Chicago%29

the brain is an amazing object ;)

puppetmaster
05-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Doesn't romney own a big billboard company?

puppetmaster
05-17-2011, 02:06 PM
now I am not sure if I should pay any bills that are due.? /s

iGGz
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

wasn't this loser wrong about this already like 20 years ago?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

people are crazy

wizardwatson
05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
people should look into the "seekers" to get an idea of how these people think.
brief: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seekers_%28Chicago%29

the brain is an amazing object ;)

From wikipedia:

The group was led by Dorothy Martin, a Dianetics [precursor to scientology] devotee who transcribed the interstellar messages through automatic writing.

Case closed.

TruckinMike
05-17-2011, 04:54 PM
now I am not sure if I should pay any bills that are due.? /s

Not so funny...that is the very reason these folks have laid down and chose NOT to fight for liberty ---- Its disgusting. And most of the shirkers actually want a smaller and less intrusive government. Gee thanks...Maybe if they would read their Bibles instead of listening to false prophets (like they were warned about) they could help out the cause for liberty.

TMike

Anti Federalist
05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Not so funny...that is the very reason these folks have laid down and chose NOT to fight for liberty ---- Its disgusting. And most of the shirkers actually want a smaller and less intrusive government. Gee thanks...Maybe if they would read their Bibles instead of listening to false prophets (like they were warned about) they could help out the cause for liberty.

TMike

+rep

sevin
05-18-2011, 12:01 AM
What's annoying is that when nothing happens on May 21st and months later when the world still hasn't come to an end, they'll just convince themselves that God changed his mind and decided to spare us or something. ugh

kah13176
05-18-2011, 12:06 AM
This has been in top 10 most popular searches in google trends for WEEKS now. People are retarded.

Qdog
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
The only REAL question is... what effect will this have on the price of Silver? :p

ronpaulitician
05-18-2011, 12:27 AM
The only REAL question is... what effect will this have on the price of Silver? :p
Why? Are silver bullets the only thing that will stop these people on May 22?

Suzu
05-18-2011, 12:39 AM
...the 21st is my b-day!!!

Same here... :)

HarryBrowneLives
05-18-2011, 12:50 AM
I think those folks were off by one day. It will actually end on the 22nd a bit for them ... the day that these idiots realize they were wrong and have spent their entire life savings on a bunch of advertising for nothing.

KurtBoyer25L
05-18-2011, 01:07 AM
My favorite quote ever was when they asked the Russian general if the missiles were all going to auto-launch on Y2K. He said, "I expect a great deal of rocket activity tonight, I bought a fortune in fireworks for my kids."