PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee needs to endorse Ron Paul

tnvoter
05-14-2011, 09:19 PM
How can we pressure the huckster if he already isn't inclined to do so already?

schiffheadbaby
05-14-2011, 09:21 PM
he won't do this, he'd jeopardize that cushy fox job dawg.

we need to pressure his voters to wear RP clothes

realtonygoodwin
05-14-2011, 09:21 PM
It won't happen:

“The greatest threat to classic Republicanism is not liberalism; it's this new brand of libertarianism, which is social liberalism and economic conservatism, but it's a heartless, callous, soulless type of economic conservatism because it says "look, we want to cut taxes and eliminate government. If it means that elderly people don't get their Medicare drugs, so be it. If it means little kids go without education and healthcare, so be it." Well, that might be a quote pure economic conservative message, but it's not an American message. ...”

-Mike Huckabee

South Park Fan
05-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Endorsements will come after polling successes, after which it becomes a positive feedback mechanism.

BamaAla
05-14-2011, 09:48 PM
He seems to be especially anti-Paul; I wouldn't hold my breathe for that endorsement.

ssantoro
05-14-2011, 09:50 PM
He won't do it.

LatinsforPaul
05-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I think Dr. Paul has a better shot at getting an endorsement from DeMint, Bachman, and then Palin.

nate895
05-14-2011, 09:55 PM
It's probably better if Huckabee remains passive, which he probably will. He might be eying a potential run in 2016 since he might think Obama is unbeatable or something.

smartguy911
05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
He will never endorse Dr. Paul. I think he respects him though.

Carehn
05-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't want him to. It would make paul look bad and i would have to spend way to much time explaining it to people.

sparebulb
05-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Huckabee's mouth: Pie goes in........distortions, propaganda, and lies come out.

Huckster has found a home at Fox. His wallet and waistline are expanding.

nate895
I don't want him to. It would make paul look bad and i would have to spend way to much time explaining it to people.

Democrats don't win Republican primaries. And Huckabee was only one point behind Dr. Paul vs. Obama, so it isn't Indies you're thinking of either.

Agorism
We helped win West Virginia last time by giving him our delegates. He basically hates Romney.

I doubt he minds Paul.

Aratus
05-15-2011, 09:04 AM
ex-gov mitt romney has only a fleeting hold on first place!
come the convention, if mitt romney survives donald trump's
toe in the water, maybe mike huckabee might hint at his heart!!!
2016 looms for mike huckabee and sarah palin? as it stands now, we
are better positioned in terms of iowa. romney is going to have to
hustle to make a headway. newt gingrich will fade fast and if
T-Paw + gary johnson team up, rick santorum folds first...

FiannaPaul
05-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Not gonna happen...

That is unless it seems pretty likely/certain that he is going to get the nomination, at which point his endorsement will be of little significance

thehungarian
05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I would prefer a Palin endorsement over Huck. Much more likely as well.

trey4sports
05-15-2011, 10:44 AM
How can we pressure the huckster if he already isn't inclined to do so already?

There is no chance in hell Huck will endorse Ron. Not a chance

pcosmar
05-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I would prefer a Palin endorsement over Huck. Much more likely as well.

She will wait till Ron is running away with the nomination and then jump on the bus.

Paul4Prez
05-15-2011, 10:55 AM
No major establishment types are going to support Ron Paul, so don't get disappointed when they don't. (In 2008, pro-liberty candidate Tom McClintock called Ron Paul "a modern day Thomas Jefferson" on the radio in California, then endorsed long-shot Fred Thompson instead, because it was safer with the establishment.) We don't need endorsements, we need all pro-liberty voters to register and vote Republican, and to convince the already-Republican voters who like Ron Paul that he has a chance to win, so they will vote for him too.

doodle
05-15-2011, 10:59 AM
He doesn't need to. But his supporters would start looking at RP now as an alternative option as many serious issues with Romeny, Newt and Santorum.

MelissaWV
05-15-2011, 11:05 AM
We helped win West Virginia last time by giving him our delegates. He basically hates Romney.

I doubt he minds Paul.

This is a really clutch point, and I hope the WV people are really into it this year.

Let's assume Cain is a frontrunner (giggles). Cain isn't going to be popular in WV. It has nothing to do with his skin color, but more to do with a "who the fuck is this guy?" coupled with "he doesn't sound interesting or smart or like he knows what he's talking about." He is utterly unrelatable. His "business success" and being a member of the Fed does not play well there. Huck's folksy religious I'm-like-you attitude did play well there. Ron did well, too, despite a 4th place finish (out of 4) at the Convention. I think people were surprised by how many of us there were. That ridiculous little room they had for us did not contain us very well.

Romney was not popular. He was a slimeball and came off as such. He was fake and unlikable. He did well because he brought in his buses full of drones. He still failed, because his courting of the Ron Paul folks was just insulting.

Who's that leave, really?

Ron Paul folks did well in '08. I hope there's a real effort to push to win that state.

t0rnado
05-15-2011, 11:32 AM
We don't need progressive Bible Boy's endorsement.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2011, 11:39 AM
It won't happen:

“The greatest threat to classic Republicanism is not liberalism; it's this new brand of libertarianism, which is social liberalism and economic conservatism, but it's a heartless, callous, soulless type of economic conservatism because it says "look, we want to cut taxes and eliminate government. If it means that elderly people don't get their Medicare drugs, so be it. If it means little kids go without education and healthcare, so be it." Well, that might be a quote pure economic conservative message, but it's not an American message. ...”

-Mike Huckabee

That is because Huck is not, and has never been, a traditional conservative. Ronald Reagan had this to say...

"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." - Ronald Reagan

Teaser Rate
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Not gonna happen...

That is unless it seems pretty likely/certain that he is going to get the nomination, at which point his endorsement will be of little significance

This.

Endorsements from high-profile members of the Republican party will come much later in the election cycle, even if Palin or Huckabee wanted to endorse Ron Paul, they wouldn't do now or any time during the next 6 months.

The timing of events such as high-profile endorsements and VP nominations have a strategic location on the election calender and as such, we shouldn't try to push them up.

TNforPaul45
05-15-2011, 11:49 AM
While he is working for Fox, I do not think he is allowed to openly endorse a candidate, per FEC rules.

TIMB0B
05-15-2011, 12:08 PM
It won't happen:

-Mike Huckabee

Interesting, when it's his current brand of Republicanism that got us into this crisis.

PaulConventionWV
05-15-2011, 12:36 PM

I doubt he minds Paul.

I was there, and with all due respect, I don't think this implies anything about Huckabee's support for Paul. It was a compromise because he probably wouldn't have won without the help of the Paul supporters. Paul was last on the first round, but there were so many supporters that it was basically guaranteed that whomever we turned to next would get a majority. That's why Huck did that. It has nothing to do with his views on Paul. I, for one, do not think there's any chance of an endorsement. Some other big names seem somewhat promising, though.

PaulConventionWV
05-15-2011, 12:42 PM
This is a really clutch point, and I hope the WV people are really into it this year.

Let's assume Cain is a frontrunner (giggles). Cain isn't going to be popular in WV. It has nothing to do with his skin color, but more to do with a "who the fuck is this guy?" coupled with "he doesn't sound interesting or smart or like he knows what he's talking about." He is utterly unrelatable. His "business success" and being a member of the Fed does not play well there. Huck's folksy religious I'm-like-you attitude did play well there. Ron did well, too, despite a 4th place finish (out of 4) at the Convention. I think people were surprised by how many of us there were. That ridiculous little room they had for us did not contain us very well.

Romney was not popular. He was a slimeball and came off as such. He was fake and unlikable. He did well because he brought in his buses full of drones. He still failed, because his courting of the Ron Paul folks was just insulting.

Who's that leave, really?

Ron Paul folks did well in '08. I hope there's a real effort to push to win that state.

Melissa, I completely agree, and I think that's really all that's important in WV. We shouldn't really be doing canvassing at all because we already have enough supporters, we just need to get them to be delegates. That said, isn't WV one of the last states this time around? I heard the convention was on May 8th. Is that true, or is that just the beauty pageant primary?

MelissaWV
05-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Melissa, I completely agree, and I think that's really all that's important in WV. We shouldn't really be doing canvassing at all because we already have enough supporters, we just need to get them to be delegates. That said, isn't WV one of the last states this time around? I heard the convention was on May 8th. Is that true, or is that just the beauty pageant primary?

I'm no longer in the state, so I'm not keeping up on the dates. It doesn't much matter. Ron Paul is not a drop-out candidate. If anything, being late would help Dr. Paul's chances (he might only be running against one other guy by then, etc.). I don't think we'll get an endorsement from Huck, either, but last time's events will still have an impact. It could be that Huck's folks (if there are some) will think about how Paul's folks (and there are many) helped them out. The motivation doesn't matter. Given a choice between "Not our guy" and "Not our guy but helped us out last time," I think it'll break more often in Dr. Paul's favor :p

Matt Collins
05-16-2011, 09:17 AM
he won't do this, he'd jeopardize that cushy fox job dawg.That's sillyness. The Judge loves Ron and he seems to be doing ok there. Neil Cavuto too.

SilentBull
05-16-2011, 09:19 AM
This will never happen. If anything, a Palin endorsement is more likely and it would help us a lot.

ronaldo23
05-16-2011, 09:55 AM
no, zero chance he'll endorse Paul. Yesterday when he dropped out he cited

"five candidates as sharing "similar" views to his — Sarah Palin Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann — who "very clearly might benefit" from his decision "because of their strong positions on issues like life and on traditional marriage."

Interesting who he left out

cdc482
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
When he announced that he wasn't running, Huckabee mentioned 5 other people to vote for that would "good for the Republican Party," none of them was Ron Paul.

vincent
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
This.

Endorsements from high-profile members of the Republican party will come much later in the election cycle, even if Palin or Huckabee wanted to endorse Ron Paul, they wouldn't do now or any time during the next 6 months.

The timing of events such as high-profile endorsements and VP nominations have a strategic location on the election calender and as such, we shouldn't try to push them up.

Agree. Very significant at this stage is Des Moines Republican Glen Massie's endorsement just days after Huckabee said: "my heart says no". A social conservative who endorsed Bob Van der Plaats in his failed bid for Governor and who clearly calculated to send a strong message to his constituency and to the Republican establishment in Iowa. Huckabee's 2008 supporters in Iowa are clearly searching for the most effective anti-establishment candidate. Ron Paul's potential in Iowa is huge.

Liberty_Mike
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Huckabee would never endorse Ron Paul. He has said over and over that he doesn't think Ron Paul is a real Republican. We might have a chance getting Chuck Norris on board though.