PDA

View Full Version : Welcome All Huck Supporters!

ItsTime
05-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome to all the Huck supporters! I feel your pain that you candidate has chosen not to run. I hope you take Ron Paul into strong consideration. Maybe go to a few of his rallies in your state? Do some research and find out what the media is not telling you about the good doctor.

Again welcome!

eduardo89
05-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Remember, Ron Paul is 100% prolife, a devout Christian, been married for over 50 years. He's the true social conservative candidate, and we hope we can work with you to return our country to it's conservative values.

Omphfullas Zamboni
05-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I was looking forward to competing with you guys in fundraising. Huck's Army had true grassroots moneybomb power.

CoreyBowen999
05-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome newcomers!

Sentinelrv
05-14-2011, 07:22 PM
This should be front page for any newbies visiting us.

PermanentSleep
05-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forums!!!:collins:

eduardo89
05-14-2011, 07:26 PM
How can we reach out to Huck's online grassroots? I was thinking of joining their forum, but I'd hate to seem like a troll and turn them off Ron Paul...

Bruno
05-14-2011, 07:26 PM
This should be front page for any newbies visiting us.

Agreed. Put on front page!

JoshLowry
05-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I will promote the most epic welcome post in this thread.

That actually goes for any thread. Every post is possible front page material.

If you want to help volunteer with that, please do!

Welcome Huck supporters!

realtonygoodwin
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
http://mittromneycentral.com/2011/05/14/mike-huckabee-decides-not-to-run-in-2012-and-his-supporters-should-read-this/

Saw this on Hucks FB page...

eduardo89
05-14-2011, 07:33 PM
http://mittromneycentral.com/2011/05/14/mike-huckabee-decides-not-to-run-in-2012-and-his-supporters-should-read-this/

We need to reach out to them NOW

TIMB0B
05-14-2011, 07:34 PM

How could any Huck fan be for Romney? Please don't fall for it Hucksters. Remember, Chuck Norris was a Huckabee supporter, and now he's a Ron Paul supporter. You can be too!

Bruno
05-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Sent an email to Steve Bierfeldt to ask if the campaign will be makimg a formal outreach to the Huck Army.

KCIndy
05-14-2011, 07:36 PM
We need to reach out to them NOW

Absolutely agree.

But as you said, what's the best way to reach them without sounding like we're trolling? Some sort of coordinated
ad buy? Do a lot of Huck's supporters hit Drudge? Huckabee is the top story there right now.

realtonygoodwin
05-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Welcome Mike Huckabee supporters! Governor Huckabee's decision to listen to his heart and not run may have disappointed you, but we can all understand choosing to listen to what God is telling you over what the world is telling you. You yourself now have an important decision to make. There are several fine candidates running for the GOP nomination. Only one is a staunchly pro-life, Christian, military veteran, Constitutional conservative who promotes true liberty...Dr. Ron Paul. You may have some disagreements with Dr. Paul on some issues, but if you contemplate what will be best for America, best for the unborn, best for smaller government, and best for the cause of liberty, I hope you will conclude the Dr. Ron Paul is the candidate who deserves your support. He has been married to the same woman for over 50 years, served his country in the Air Force, and has never voted to increase spending. Thank you.

realtonygoodwin
05-14-2011, 07:38 PM
How could any Huck fan be for Romney? Please don't fall for it Hucksters. Remember, Chuck Norris was a Huckabee supporter, and now he's a Ron Paul supporter. You can be too!

Do you have some evidence of this?

Sentinelrv
05-14-2011, 07:53 PM
I will promote the most epic welcome post in this thread.

That actually goes for any thread. Every post is possible front page material.

If you want to help volunteer with that, please do!

Welcome Huck supporters!

Anymore entries?

JoshLowry
05-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome Mike Huckabee supporters! Governor Huckabee's decision to listen to his heart and not run may have disappointed you, but we can all understand choosing to listen to what God is telling you over what the world is telling you. You yourself now have an important decision to make. There are several fine candidates running for the GOP nomination. Only one is a staunchly pro-life, Christian, military veteran, Constitutional conservative who promotes true liberty...Dr. Ron Paul. You may have some disagreements with Dr. Paul on some issues, but if you contemplate what will be best for America, best for the unborn, best for smaller government, and best for the cause of liberty, I hope you will conclude the Dr. Ron Paul is the candidate who deserves your support. He has been married to the same woman for over 50 years, served his country in the Air Force, and has never voted to increase spending. Thank you.

Promoted, thanks so much!

This will actually help me a ton as RPF traffic increases as I will be able to read/follow more.

realtonygoodwin
05-14-2011, 08:04 PM
My pleasure!

Theocrat
05-14-2011, 08:16 PM

They can also read Congressman Paul's "Statement of Faith" here (http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm).

Paulatized
05-14-2011, 08:26 PM
And maybe add a link to Christians for Ron Paul facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_2364619614

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-14-2011, 08:30 PM
The comments on that page are skewed, every comment needs to be approved by a moderator, I.E only pro Romney comments.

randolphfuller
05-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Let's go all out to make them feel welcomed and important!!

libertybrewcity
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome Huckabee supporters! The message of liberty is alive and well!

cavalier973
05-14-2011, 09:54 PM
As a former Huck supporter, I know that the biggest hurdle to overcome is the perception that Ron Paul is "not strong" on social issues, he being a libertarian-leaning Republican. In fact, Dr. Paul is much stronger on social issues than conventional social conservatives, because he realises that government violence cannot bring about a moral society, and is indeed inimicable to it. Only the family and the church can produce the moral society that social conservatives want. Trusting the government over the family and the church is similar to saying that Satan is more able to create a moral society than God is.

LatinsforPaul
05-14-2011, 09:59 PM
As a former Huck supporter, I know that the biggest hurdle to overcome is the perception that Ron Paul is "not strong" on social issues, he being a libertarian-leaning Republican. In fact, Dr. Paul is much stronger on social issues than conventional social conservatives, because he realises that government violence cannot bring about a moral society, and is indeed inimicable to it. Only the family and the church can produce the moral society that social conservatives want. Trusting the government over the family and the church is similar to saying that Satan is more able to create a moral society than God is.

Well said and I agree 100%. This should get posted on Huck's sites.

ghengis86
05-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Welcome Huck Army!

Please consider Dr. Paul as your GOP candidate for president. Mike and Ron have the same vision for restoring America, just a small difference in how to bring about true change. We would love for you to learn more about Dr. Paul so please bring your questions and an open mind, and we'll do our best to present RP's positions. I think the Huck Army and Paulites could throw a real TEA party on the Potomac!!

Regards,

Golding
05-14-2011, 10:18 PM
I can recall from the last primaries when Huckabee and Paul were sharing the stage. Mike Huckabee proved to be a formidable opponent for Ron Paul, since a lot of their core principles were the same. I remember people would largely argue regarding their stances on taxation (Huckabee promoting the Fair Tax, Ron Paul suggesting no tax).

Essentially, I think Mike Huckabee supporters may find a great deal to like in Ron Paul given their similarities. I think the hurdle may be that somewhere, at some point, they may have run into an overly spirited Ron Paul supporter. Or have come to the belief that Ron Paul is somehow "unelectable".

I encourage Mike Huckabee's supporters to just objectively listen to the man and hopefully they will like what they hear. I know I did, and can appreciate the honesty and principle in what Ron Paul stands for.

nate895
05-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I would also like to express my welcome to Huckabee supporters. I once made the journey from Huckabee to Ron Paul as well, but that was back in October of 2007, so quite a long time ago. I'd just like to say that I think you are going to be a valuable asset to this campaign. Ron Paul is the only serious candidate who is himself serious about limiting government. Given all the crazy stuff that has happened in Washington in recent years, now more than ever we need to elect someone to the White House committed to stemming the growth of government and beginning to get it out of our daily lives. Obamacare has even given them the ability to pry into our medical care! That's just crazy talk right there. We need to fight to end this madness and restore sanity to our government.

Nathan E.

Echoes
05-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Welcome !

I think it's also good to point out that in the last debates while Romney, Giuliani and others were chuckling like first graders during Dr Paul's responses, Huckabee was respectful and acted with class. That was commendable.

BlackTerrel
05-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Welcome to all the Huck supporters! I feel your pain that you candidate has chosen not to run. I hope you take Ron Paul into strong consideration. Maybe go to a few of his rallies in your state? Do some research and find out what the media is not telling you about the good doctor.

Again welcome!

+1. Great post and I agree.

BucksforPaul
05-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Welcome !

I think it's also good to point out that in the last debates while Romney, Giuliani and others were chuckling like first graders during Dr Paul's responses, Huckabee was respectful and acted with class. That was commendable.

This and welcome!

nocompromises
05-15-2011, 12:23 AM
This needs to be posted EVERYWHERE!

Sentinelrv
05-15-2011, 12:27 AM
This needs to be posted EVERYWHERE!

It could be added to the front page with the other comment.

Tinnuhana
05-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Just seen on Mitt's page: Bruce: I would really like to see Ron Paul as treasury secretary that would drive the left insane, lol
ean Oliver NC: Ron Paul broght over 4000 babies into the world...maybe he can be the Surgeon general....!!
05/15/11, 01:39 AM
Ken: then his show can be called vice president huckabee

Well, at least they aren't totally shutting Ron out...maybe they want us to support Mitt?

parocks
05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
can you run facebook ads on the pages of people who like Huckabee?

I know that Ron Paul facebook friends or fans were hit with a Ron Paul message pre 5/5 moneybomb.

gerryb
05-15-2011, 03:19 AM

I know that Ron Paul facebook friends or fans were hit with a Ron Paul message pre 5/5 moneybomb.

Yep, this would be a good idea. Gotta find a way to make those ad dollars self sustaining, though

TruckinMike
05-15-2011, 06:12 AM

Great post!

ItsTime
05-15-2011, 06:16 AM

Good idea.

mhad
05-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I want to attached a PDF from 2008 on 7 reasons why Ron Paul is the choice for Born Again Believers, so that If someone wants to update it with 2012 info that would be great. How do I attach a PDF?

Batman
05-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Do you have some evidence of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX8mPbViBg0

realtonygoodwin
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Great video, but that doesn't mean he would support Ron for President over Huckabee...

surf
05-16-2011, 04:53 PM
bump

eduardo89
05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
bump

Michigan11
05-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Huck supporters would fit in great here and in Ron Paul's campaign.. I remember the competing fundraising going on back then and the charts and all of that in 08'