PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Insider Email: He's Going to Run

TNforPaul45
05-14-2011, 05:14 PM
http://thepage.time.com/huckabee-e-mail-to-his-inner-circle/

Tomorrow night (Saturday) I will announce the next step in my plans for 2012 during my show on the Fox News Channel. I would like to be able to call you or email you personally and in advance of the announcement, but due to the fact that the decision was not finalized until today and that I committed to Fox that I will absolutely not release it prior to doing so on the channel, that became impractical.

A lot of information and speculation was already rampant in the press today, and it frankly isn't fair to you to tell you the details and then put you in the awkward position of saying you didn't know (which at that point wouldn't be true) or saying you did know, but couldn't reveal or discuss it.

It was this afternoon before I could even get word to all of my own children and even now, the executive producer of my show and the staff and crew of the show don't know and won't until I actually do the final preparation literally minutes before I share the decision live Saturday night.

I will look forward to speaking with you soon and once I fulfill my sworn obligation to Fox, I will be free to discuss things that I can't now due to promises to them and to some possible legal considerations of the announcement.

Many friends have said, "how can we help you in the decision?" My answer has consistently been, "Pray that I have clarity." I have it and will share it Saturday night during the show. Please be patient if I don't respond immediately to an email because I expect that once I pull the trigger Saturday night, things will get even crazier, as if that's possible.

My heartfelt thanks for your friendship, prayers, and support,

Mike Huckabee

juleswin
05-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I knew he was going to run after his trip to Israel. Oh how I wish he stayed on with his high paying gig at fox

Paulatized
05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Why the sudden urgency? He makes it sound like it had to be NOW. Rush, rush, rush.

the fact that the decision was not finalized until today.
It was this afternoon before I could even get word to all of my own children

pauladin
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
i still don't think he's gonna run.

trey4sports
05-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I think its a gimmick. I think he is announcing he's NOT running

AndrewD
05-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I think he's running. This is all a PR stunt. Build it up, build it up, build it up. Makes it seem like a HUGE deal.

In reality it's not a huge deal. Huckabee sucks. He sucked in the debates. He offered no substance, just a handful of one-liners and generic statements about "honor", "integrity" and blazzey-blah.

Oh, and his policies suck too.

malkusm
05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I think he's running. This is all a PR stunt. Build it up, build it up, build it up. Makes it seem like a HUGE deal.

In reality it's not a huge deal. Huckabee sucks. He sucked in the debates. He offered no substance, just a handful of one-liners and generic statements about "honor", "integrity" and blazzey-blah.

Oh, and his policies suck too.

Yeah, that would be a good plan to draw ratings to your show.....I hope that's all this is.

schiffheadbaby
05-14-2011, 05:49 PM
when is show? 9 pm?

freedoms-light
05-14-2011, 05:58 PM
knew he was going to run after his trip to Israel.

I heard his big mortgage was a consideration. Now:

A prominent Israeli dual citizen who will be moving to the US to join the Obama Administration offers to buy the huckster's big mansion in Fla.
Due to his present commitments in Israel, He's allowing Hucklebea to stay there rent free until Jan. 2013.

Just kidding.

trey4sports
05-14-2011, 05:59 PM
7 cst

JacobG18
05-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I knew he was going to run after his trip to Israel. Oh how I wish he stayed on with his Overpaid Gig at fox

Fix'ed that for ya

malkusm
05-14-2011, 06:02 PM
I knew he was going to run after his trip to Israel. Oh how I wish he stayed on with his high paying gig at fox

Didn't Beck say he had an announcement recently, and didn't he recently take a trip to Israel? What's the status of that?

Legend1104
05-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Here we go. Tonight could be a big game changer for us. I hope he is not running. I don't think he can win. He is strong with Christian Conservatives, but I don't know if he can win the nomination; although, I think he will hurt Ron Paul.

doodle
05-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I heard his big mortgage was a consideration. Now:

A prominent Israeli dual citizen who will be moving to the US to join the Obama Administration offers to buy the huckster's big mansion in Fla.

Not sure if you were joking about this part too but don't think Obama adminstration will allow any dual Israeli citizens in it. Apparently Clinton had this situation and things get pretty out of control when he was trying to broker a peace deal drama between Israelis and Palestinians pre 9/11.

malkusm
05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Not sure if you were joking about this part too but don't think Obama adminstration will allow any dual Israeli citizens in it. Apparently Clinton had this situation and things get pretty out of control when he was trying to broker a peace deal drama between Israelis and Palestinians pre 9/11.

Are you forgetting about Rahm Emanuel?

doodle
05-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Are you forgetting about Rahm Emanuel?

Oh ok, he's no longer there but I was.

BTW, I was guessing, not 100% certain.

Legend1104
05-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Of course he is going to wait until the end of the show. I have to sit through this until the end. I actually supported him during the last election (before I woke up). You know I can still say, even though I don't support or agree with him anymore, he is certainly one of the nicer guys. He has never spoken an evil word against Dr. Paul.

trey4sports
05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Of course he is going to wait until the end of the show. I have to sit through this until the end. I actually supported him during the last election (before I woke up). You know I can still say, even though I don't support or agree with him anymore, he is certainly one of the nicer guys. He has never spoken an evil word against Dr. Paul.

You must not have heard him call Ron a faux-con. Or heard his remarks about Libertarianism being the biggest threat to conservatism today?

TNforPaul45
05-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Edit: not running!!!

ItsTime
05-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Clearly his praying gave him clarity.

TNforPaul45
05-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Well I was wrong in my interpretation of this course of action. Good for us!