PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this conversation?

Tyler19
10-27-2007, 04:03 PM
i am a democrat. if i werent a democrat i would be a rudy fan. if i werent a rudy fan i certainly wouldnt be a ron paul fan. ron paul is a fool. his presence in the presidential race is ok with me, but only because all points of view should be represented, including the rediculous. no i will not be a friend of the ron paul revolution.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 27, 2007 4:39 PM

explain to me your thinking please. I am open minded.

Date: Oct 27, 2007 1:36 PM

ron paul lost me when he implied that the 9-11 attacks were our own fault. he said that in one of the early debates. i cant remember which one off the top of my head, but i think it was in new hampshire. he is to my understanding against any gun controle. he is anti gay rights. he is the quintisenssial hard-core, fringe, extream conservative, republican. dont misunderstand, i think hard-core fringe, extream liberal democrats are just as bad. i am a moderate. i respect moderates. i dont want to take all the guns away. i want to limit them to people who do not have a history of violent mental illness or a criminal record. i dont want everyone to have abortions, but i can see no legal way to prohibit them without violating the first amendment. i dont want homosexuals to have more rights than me, but they should have all the same rights that i have. all of those things, i too, am open-minded on. where i lose all respect for ron paul is his belief that 9-11 was the fault of anyone other than the hate mongering murderers who hijacked those planes, or the war lords who lead them to do so. i think mike gravell is a moron as well, dennis keusinich too. both sides have people i could get behind, and people i cant. you just happen to have picked a horse i cant begin to imagine myself riding. i am a supporter of Sen. Barack Obama. he has my vote until he wins or looses. then he'll have it again in 4 years if he asks for it. that is because he is the only candidate in my lifetime who seems to want to unite the country on the fact that we all have the best interests of our country at heart even if we all disagree on how to get there. all others use the important issues as a wedge to divide us. and ahouse divided against itself cannot stand.
good luck...to you, not your candidate

jay

steph3n
10-27-2007, 04:21 PM
ron paul lost me when he implied that the 9-11 attacks were our own fault. he said that in one of the early debates. i cant remember which one off the top of my head, but i think it was in new hampshire. <<<-----

incorrect, this is what juan williams wanted people to believe but was NOT WHAT was said. What was said was US Foreign policy was a driving factor.

he is to my understanding against any gun control. <--- 2nd amendment?

he is anti gay rights. <-- actually he doesn't think the government should play any part in marriages, unions, etc.

I dont want everyone to have abortions, but i can see no legal way to prohibit them without violating the first amendment. <--- He is for overturning Roe vs Wade and moving to state level, but personally believes a fetus is a life, and it would be murder.

i dont want homosexuals to have more rights than me, but they should have all the same rights that i have. <---- the government is not the dictator of rights, we have natural rights, simply put the IRS is the main reason for the govt to care about marriage at ALL!

all of those things, i too, am open-minded on. where i lose all respect for ron paul is his belief that 9-11 was the fault of anyone other than the hate mongering murderers who hijacked those planes, or the war lords who lead them to do so. <----- already described. Read Imperial Hubris, and or blowback, understand that each action we take in the world has a reaction

Tyler19
10-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks.

beerista
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
i am a democrat. if i werent a democrat i would be a rudy fan. if i werent a rudy fan i certainly wouldnt be a ron paul fan. ron paul is a fool. his presence in the presidential race is ok with me, but only because all points of view should be represented, including the rediculous. no i will not be a friend of the ron paul revolution.

Date: Oct 27, 2007 4:39 PM

explain to me your thinking please. I am open minded.

Date: Oct 27, 2007 1:36 PM

ron paul lost me when he implied that the 9-11 attacks were our own fault. he said that in one of the early debates. i cant remember which one off the top of my head, but i think it was in new hampshire. he is to my understanding against any gun controle. he is anti gay rights. he is the quintisenssial hard-core, fringe, extream conservative, republican. dont misunderstand, i think hard-core fringe, extream liberal democrats are just as bad. i am a moderate. i respect moderates. i dont want to take all the guns away. i want to limit them to people who do not have a history of violent mental illness or a criminal record. i dont want everyone to have abortions, but i can see no legal way to prohibit them without violating the first amendment. i dont want homosexuals to have more rights than me, but they should have all the same rights that i have. all of those things, i too, am open-minded on. where i lose all respect for ron paul is his belief that 9-11 was the fault of anyone other than the hate mongering murderers who hijacked those planes, or the war lords who lead them to do so. i think mike gravell is a moron as well, dennis keusinich too. both sides have people i could get behind, and people i cant. you just happen to have picked a horse i cant begin to imagine myself riding. i am a supporter of Sen. Barack Obama. he has my vote until he wins or looses. then he'll have it again in 4 years if he asks for it. that is because he is the only candidate in my lifetime who seems to want to unite the country on the fact that we all have the best interests of our country at heart even if we all disagree on how to get there. all others use the important issues as a wedge to divide us. and ahouse divided against itself cannot stand.
good luck...to you, not your candidate

jay

My first thought: People who say the Department of Education isn't effective are studying the wrong effects.

My second thought: I may have been convinced to drop my support of Dr. Paul and devote all my energies to the pursuit of teaching people where the "Shift" key is.

My third thought: Regarding his claim of moderation, please see my signature. It is clear that Goldwater understood why "moderates" hate "extremists" and that this guy doesn't.

My fourth thought (and probably the first useful one), with regard to his statement about abortion:
i dont want everyone to have abortions, but i can see no legal way to prohibit them without violating the first amendment
This is actually very close to Dr. Paul's position. Your friend and Paul are probably closer on abortion than he and any other Republican, hardly "fringe" from your friend's standpoint. Besides, under Paul's federalist platform, your friend is much more likely to be able to impose his will on others (you may want to phrase that differently in your reply) with regard to abortion at the state level than he is at the national level.

My fifth thought, with regard to his statement on gun restrictions:
he is to my understanding against any gun control... i dont want to take all the guns away. i want to limit them to people who do not have a history of violent mental illness or a criminal record
The same organization makes these determinations: i.e., the state. If your friend wants to let the state define who should have guns according to these criteria and yet doesn't "want to take all the guns away" I'd be interested to know how he would prevent it.

My sixth thought, with regard to his incongruent statements about gay rights:
he is anti gay rights... i dont want homosexuals to have more rights than me, but they should have all the same rights that i have
Here again he's been fed some bad information regarding Dr. Paul's position. It is remarkably close to his own.

My seventh thought, regarding being a fan of Rudy:
Rudy disagrees with him on all the aforementioned positions. The only thing they seem to have in common is that Rudy is willing to pander to his delusions about 9-11 and your friend is willing to have delusions about 9-11.

My eighth thought, regarding his total denial of the laws of cause and effect, er, I mean his position that blowback is a fantasy like Santa Claus, er, I mean, um, whatever it was he said about 9-11:
Tell him to go to his neighbor's house uninvited and spit on him. If he comes back with a black eye and looking contrite, then maybe he'll now believe in cause and effect. If he comes back with a black eye and fuming about how unreasonable his neighbor is, then fetch him an icepack and a beer and tell him to turn on Fox News and relax. You ain't gonna teach that particular pig to sing, so you might as well leave him be.