PDA

View Full Version : When embedding videos please post links

Johnnymac
05-14-2011, 04:23 PM
As we start to kick off the next part of this campaign alot of new people will be entering the forums, many like me will be constantly updating themselves with their mobile devices, and I have to say one of the most annoying things is when you open up a post that has a video and you can't watch it because phones don't show embedded videos, and those on mobile devices are usually on their phones because their not near a computer.

It could just be me and if I'm going on a rant for a simple fix I'm very sorry I just hope many video posters will see this and remember to POST LINKS for videos for our mobile savvy forum riders!!

Kregisen
05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Also, when posting links for news stories, etc....always QUOTE atleast part of the text from the page, so people can read it before having to click and open a new window.

Yes we're lazy! No, we don't care!! Do it!!

iamse7en
05-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Yea it is annoying that the embedded videos don't load on mobile phone. Don't get it, it's only on this site that YouTube videos don't load. I usually have to open this link in skyfire or hit "reply with quote" to get the video link and then I can view it dine directly on my phone.

madengr
05-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Bump..bump..bump...

Big frustration as I use my iPhone or iPad 90% of the time. Don't know why this is a problem on RPF as I have no problems on other vBulletin forums. I posted here about it, but zero replies:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?291597-How-come-YouTube-links-are-blank-on-iOS-devices

Better yet, get the inline youtube working and I'll donate some more money!

eduardo89
05-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Also, when posting links for news stories, etc....always QUOTE atleast part of the text from the page, so people can read it before having to click and open a new window.

Yes we're lazy! No, we don't care!! Do it!!
Just don't post the whole story, you can get in trouble for that from the copyright police.

Teaser Rate
05-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I've seen other forums have an mobile layout option, I wonder how hard it would be to implement around here.

eduardo89
05-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I've seen other forums have an mobile layout option, I wonder how hard it would be to implement around here.

Please no! I use my iPhone to go on here most of the time (like right now) and mobile versions of forums look terrible.

madengr
05-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Please no! I use my iPhone to go on here most of the time (like right now) and mobile versions of forums look terrible.

Do you also have the problem of embedded youtube not showing up?

heavenlyboy34
05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
okay, I'll try to get in the habit of linking since you asked nicely. :o

brandon
05-14-2011, 07:47 PM
As we start to kick off the next part of this campaign alot of new people will be entering the forums, many like me will be constantly updating themselves with their mobile devices, and I have to say one of the most annoying things is when you open up a post that has a video and you can't watch it because phones don't show embedded videos, and those on mobile devices are usually on their phones because their not near a computer.

It could just be me and if I'm going on a rant for a simple fix I'm very sorry I just hope many video posters will see this and remember to POST LINKS for videos for our mobile savvy forum riders!!

Get an android phone. I have no problem watching embedded videos from my droid.

eduardo89
05-14-2011, 07:51 PM
If people would just post a link to the video and also include at least thr first fee paragraphs of articles they post I'm sure 90% of us iPhone users would be fine with it. The annoying thing is clicking and having to open a new tab, then ending up not caring about the article or thr video simply not showing up in the post.

emazur
05-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Can't the admins make so that when you embed a vid, a clickable link automatically shows above or below it?

Johnnymac
06-01-2011, 06:28 AM

Johnnymac
06-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Get an android phone. I have no problem watching embedded videos from my droid.
Dont Tell Me What to Do :D

Travlyr
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Good info...