PDA

View Full Version : i feel sick...

K1RBY
10-27-2007, 03:46 PM
i just got home from helping my brother do work on his house, first thing i did was open up the forums, and saw there was a official TV ad.

after watching the TV ad, i am 100% convinced that the people working on Ron Paul's ad campaign are incompentent morons w/ no sense of style & no ideas.

this is not just my opinion, this is fact - tried & proven by the reaction of the vast majority of RPs most loyal followers.

now that i have seen this, i can honestly say that i now believe Ron Paul cannot win this election, if surrounded by these dumbasses.

whoever made this commercial should be fired immediately.

i am not joking. i feel sick.
i feel like i have put my money, time and trust into the hands of a campaign team that does not have a clue how to win.

if think you dont agree with me?..ask yourself, do you hope that Jay Leno plays this ad to introduce paul??

..or would you rather see him play clips of paul speaking for himself at the debates??

jaumen
10-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Agreed. The commercial is truly awful. Whatever they paid to have it made, they got ripped off.

steph3n
10-27-2007, 03:51 PM
K1RBY,

Don't feel sick, get out and show some 8 min long video, they can't afford that on TV :)

i just got home from helping my brother do work on his house, first thing i did was open up the forums, and saw there was a official TV ad.

after watching the TV ad, i am 100% convinced that the people working on Ron Paul's ad campaign are incompentent morons w/ no sense of style & no ideas.

this is not just my opinion, this is fact - tried & proven by the reaction of the vast majority of RPs most loyal followers.

now that i have seen this, i can honestly say that i now believe Ron Paul cannot win this election, if surrounded by these dumbasses.

i feel like i have put my money, time and trust into the hands of a campaign team that does not have a clue how to win.

if think you dont agree with me?..ask yourself, do you hope that Jay Leno plays this ad to introduce paul??

..or would you rather see him play clips of paul speaking for himself at the debates??

Karsten
10-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Disagree. This ad is great. They know what they're doing. The exact same sort of ads got Ron Paul elected bacm to Congress in 1996 despite establishment opposition.

Paulitician
10-27-2007, 03:53 PM
The entire campaign is going to implode if they run this ad.

bbachtung
10-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Ron Paul . . . He's Catching On!

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 03:55 PM
hmm. i have to admit hated it at first. but after watching it serveral times i think its cheesy enough.

paulitics
10-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm on the fence. To me, it is truly awful. I mean laughable, but I think for average people who watch alot of TV, not so bad.

And I question their strategies too sometimes, like when I heard they opening up offices in Utah of all places. Yep.

Karsten
10-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Don't be rediculous.

steph3n

you are wrong :)

Vaughn
Oh come on its not that bad! I mean it did mention his opposition to the war. Remember it is just one ad-It is trying to be as non-threatening as possible. If you don't like it i suggest you try to make your own. The only real cringe worthy part is at the end, it seems way too much like there trying to sell some product.

K1RBY
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
like i said, ASK YOURSELF: DO YOU HOPE JAY LENO INTRODUCES RON PAUL BY PLAYING THIS AD?

..it would effectively end his campaign by making him look like he is running for Sheriff of a 2horse town.

Paulitician
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Don't be rediculous.
I ain't. This could be Ron Paul's Dean moment.

Falseflagop
10-27-2007, 04:02 PM
can easliy time seconds to shorten it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE77ooE5_Eo

Mortikhi
10-27-2007, 04:05 PM

qft
RP ditch the dumbasses

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 04:10 PM

If he is surrounded only by the kind of people who hate this ad, then no he cannot win this election. However, if those who hate this ad are also joined by the type of people who it will actually appeal to, he just might win the election.

steph3n
10-27-2007, 04:13 PM
If he is surrounded only by the kind of people who hate this ad, then no he cannot win this election. However, if those who hate this ad are also joined by the type of people who it will actually appeal to, he just might win the election.

EXACTLY, this ad is NOT for us, or to us!

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I ain't. This could be Ron Paul's Dean moment.

It's better to have it now and dump the supporters who aren't really true supporters and are just self-absorbed people looking for 30 seconds of entertainment that appeals to them and focus on attracting the older crowd, the soccer moms, the bearded guys with a big beer belly and a flannel shirt that the self-absorbed types have so much disdain for. We need dedicated supporters, not wishywashy types who stop supporting a candidate who promises them everything they want just because of a 30 second tv ad to air in a single state. People who stopped supporting Dean because of the scream were idiots and those who stop supporting Ron Paul over this will be foolish as well.

K1RBY
10-27-2007, 04:14 PM
still, nobody will answer my question about Jay Leno...why?? because the damn ad is embarrassing...

let paul speak for himself.
the romney ad is so much better...and paints him as a winner, not a loser thats 'catchin on, im tellin' ya"...

Van Damme
10-27-2007, 04:16 PM
EXACTLY, this ad is NOT for us, or to us!

The ad is of poor quality, no matter what demographic you're trying to target.

literatim
10-27-2007, 04:17 PM
like i said, ASK YOURSELF: DO YOU HOPE JAY LENO INTRODUCES RON PAUL BY PLAYING THIS AD?

..it would effectively end his campaign by making him look like he is running for Sheriff of a 2horse town.

Considering the demographic that ad targets? No. Most people who are watching Jay Leno aren't from NH.

Adamsa
I think it was made in mind to save as much money as possible, but the campaign sacrifices quality in doing so.

purepaloma
Just an FYI.......we need to appeal to ALL SORTS.

This TV AD isn't targeting the "already on board" or "internet" people.

ronpaulyourmom
still, nobody will answer my question about Jay Leno...why?? because the damn ad is embarrassing...

let paul speak for himself.
the romney ad is so much better...and paints him as a winner, not a loser thats 'catchin on, im tellin' ya"...

EXACTLY.

Ron's problem is that he's underrated. This ad does absolutely nothing to destroy that image. That said, this will probably get some people to look him up, but for anybody too lazy to do that I don't imagine it did very much to sway their opinion.

Paulitician
Stop with the targeted audience nonsense. I'm not buying it, not your argument and especially not the ad. This commercial is the very definition of amateurish, no matter which way you cut it.

Eric21ND
10-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Not only that but they did a fly-by of the like 10 different issues in like 20 seconds.

Alabama Supporter
10-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Get a grip folks. It will be OK. Heck, even if the pro's pan the ad he will still be getting much needed press.

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Stop with the targeted audience nonsense. I'm not buying it, not your argument and especially not the ad. This commercial is the very definition of amateurish, no matter which way you cut it.

and cheesy ;)

i'm really asking myself just HOW on earth would they WANT to air THIS ad ?????

please campaign, announce a grassroots competition to create an ad series - you decide who wins. PLEASE. and dont waste 1million dollars on this "ad".

goldstandard
10-27-2007, 04:27 PM
It isn't catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya...
As a first impression for potential voters you have
1. the candidate not smiling
2. someone saying: I don't agree with him...
3. scripted dialogues even if the people are real supporters

max
10-27-2007, 04:29 PM
this campaign is surrounded by corporate dunderheads like that douchbag anita andrews....

the ad reeks of phoniness..nothing in it to make a voter say ..wow..."who is this guy?"

$500,000 bucks for this crap? If this all they can do...then maybe we are just wasting time...

cheesiness..staged actors...Why not some quick clips of Ron speaking? Thats what sells people....not some clown saying "He's catching on"...A winner projects confidence..acts like he's winning. The sheep respect power. They dont respect someone who is just "catching on"

And the opening line "I dont always agree with RP"...GOOD GRIEF!

I swear I'm ready to just hang it up and move to some island.

Shatterhand
10-27-2007, 04:34 PM

Great points.

Kandilynn
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
"Francisco could do anything he undertook, he could do it better than anyone else, and he did it without effort. There was no boasting in his manner and consciousness, no thought of comparison. His attitude was not: 'I can do it better than you,' but simply: 'I can do it.' What he meant by doing was doing superlatively." -Ayn Rand

For me, knowing that right here on these forums are people who could make a better ad in their sleep than the ad that is going on television makes me sick. They could have spent much less of the funds and made a much better ad if they had wanted to. I'm surprised that they accepted that ad.

propanes
10-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree about the ad. But are you sure it was $500k? I read elsewhere on the forum it's a million for five different ads.

this campaign is surrounded by corporate dunderheads like that douchbag anita andrews....

the ad reeks of phoniness..nothing in it to make a voter say ..wow..."who is this guy?"

$500,000 bucks for this crap? If this all they can do...then maybe we are just wasting time...

cheesiness..staged actors...Why not some quick clips of Ron speaking? Thats what sells people....not some clown saying "He's catching on"...A winner projects confidence..acts like he's winning. The sheep respect power. They dont respect someone who is just "catching on"

McDermit
10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Mattsa
10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Sorry folks

I hate to be such a downer but I reckon RP's campaign team must have used a production company owned by Rothschild or Rockerfeller by mistake

It's bloody awful!

I'm chronically disappointed

work2win
10-27-2007, 04:57 PM
This thread is a great example of spinning your wheels and getting no where. Unfortunately, this is out of our control. Fortunately, there's no images of Dr. Paul killing puppies or people running around in masks, so it is pretty doubtful this will hurt the campaign. In fact, it might even help! We all just have to trust that the campaign knows what they are doing and stop wasting time second-guessing them because it won't change anything. What will help is handing out flyers, putting up signs, running our own ads, etc. These are the things WE have control over.

pcosmar
10-27-2007, 04:57 PM
It is not the worst commercial ever. I have seen worse.
I was not impressed, but that does not mean it will not work.
I hate the anti-tobacco guy with the funny hair and fuzzy logic.
I hate the "Head On" commercial, but it sells.
There are many dumb ugly commercials that work. Why is there so much negativity around here.
If you don't like it, offer a better one. Multiple threads bashing it don't help anything.

McDermit
10-27-2007, 04:58 PM

spot on.

i hope to god this is a joke. there's no way they can seriously be considering running with this ad. the bluescreen is terrible. rp doesn't look his best. the bullshit meter is off the charts when the people are speaking. and the "i don't always agree with him" stuff is AWFUL! what the hell are they thinking?

i was told that there was a professional videographer on the staff... was he out sick this week?

Bob Cochran
10-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Folks, start getting used to the idea that Ron Paul is not going to be President, okay? The mainstream media has kept him in the shadows. The Internet movement has been great but it's just the Internet.

The big money and the big political players WILL NOT ALLOW Dr. Paul to become President.

Eric21ND
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM

Max I hear ya brother. This feels like a shot to gut after seeing such an amazing 12 page mailout the other day. How can the mailer hit a homerun and the tv ad which is the most important medium to introduce your candidate strikeout???

EvoPro
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM
The Ad is fine.

Ron Paul knows how to beat the establishment.

michaelwise
10-27-2007, 05:05 PM

I swear I'm ready to just hang it up and move to some island.I think this ad was meant to fire up the creative juices of the grassrooters. If I were a marketing guru, I'd be on a plane to Virgina HQ immediately, to offer my services.

Eric21ND
10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Folks, start getting used to the idea that Ron Paul is not going to be President, okay? The mainstream media has kept him in the shadows. The Internet movement has been great but it's just the Internet.

The big money and the big political players WILL NOT ALLOW Dr. Paul to become President.
Then why post 560 times on the Ron Paul forums?? Either shit or get off the pot.

anotherone
10-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Disagree. This ad is great. They know what they're doing. The exact same sort of ads got Ron Paul elected bacm to Congress in 1996 despite establishment opposition.

I agree. The campaign HQ are professionals, and we are not. I think the ad will wear well to people who getting tired of being bombarded with political messages. We need to stand out, and not be flashy. This ad gets the job done.

goldstandard
10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Even if it was meant for conservatives in NH that haven't heard about Ron Paul - it is not good to introduce Ron a) not smiling, 2) with supporters who don't agree with him and c) SCRIPTED lines.

I agree that most people on this forum are not the target audience but they can differentiate between bad and good.

Solution:
Make Ron smile!:)
Don't use a supporter 2 times
Use the lady who said "He talks common sense"
Don't use "I don't agree..."
Make it presidential - not small town mayor-style

What is good about the ad?
Supporters:
"He's a doctor..."
"He's honest..."

texasbelle
10-27-2007, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Nefertiti;321979] appeals to them and focus on attracting the older crowd, the soccer moms, QUOTE]

I kinda fit in the 'soccer mom' demographic and the tv ad definitely didnt appeal to me nor do I think it would appeal to the other soccer moms i know. I want to like this ad and I want to understand that it will appeal to people but I am having a hard time doing that.

amakris
10-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Even if it was meant for conservatives in NH that haven't heard about Ron Paul - it is not good to introduce Ron a) not smiling, 2) with supporters who don't agree with him and c) SCRIPTED lines.

I agree that most people on this forum are not the target audience but they can differentiate between bad and good.

Solution:
Make Ron smile!:)
Don't use a supporter 2 times
Use the lady who said "He talks common sense"
Don't use "I don't agree..."
Make it presidential - not small town mayor-style

What is good about the ad?
Supporters:
"He's a doctor..."
"He's honest..."

The actors suck.
The scenes are disconnected, some shots are too tight, and the clothes and hair substandard.
Take off your damn baseball cap for the commercial.
The close of "he's catching on I'm telling ya" was insincere.
The kid walking between the two "students" turns his head with every word. Cheese.
Piano music is bad.

Giuliani is 9/11.
Romney is smart.
McCain is a war guy.
Thompson is simple.
Paul is GENUINE. Ads should be beating the electorate over the head with this message.

They need to market something that makes Paul different and that other candidates cannot easily adopt. MARKET GENUINENESS.

JimDude
10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I think Rp has 5 other ads, and maybe there better?

Maybe the people in NH like bad actors who talk about Ron Paul.

He's catching on!

NewEnd
10-27-2007, 06:17 PM
It's better to have it now and dump the supporters who aren't really true supporters and are just self-absorbed people looking for 30 seconds of entertainment that appeals to them and focus on attracting the older crowd, the soccer moms, the bearded guys with a big beer belly and a flannel shirt that the self-absorbed types have so much disdain for. We need dedicated supporters, not wishywashy types who stop supporting a candidate who promises them everything they want just because of a 30 second tv ad to air in a single state. People who stopped supporting Dean because of the scream were idiots and those who stop supporting Ron Paul over this will be foolish as well.

Yeah, I remember peopel on these boards, back in the days, insulting people who watch NASCAR as stupid.

I had to admonish them, and tell them, "hey, we need NASCAR voters, dont insult them!"

And now, we see revolution banners on the speedway.

And anybody on thse forums is not target audience, because forums require reading and writing.... two things most tv heads hate. So nobody can speak for the target audience, simply by the fact that they participate in a forum.

Taco John
10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
This ad is a slap in the face.

THIS is what we're donating our money for?

I feel sick too.

TruckinMike
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Does anybody smell anything...sniff sniff... I smell something.. Sniff.. And it really stinks! no not my armpits...no, not that dirty pair of sox... HHhhmmm what could it be?

Oh .. its that crappy new commercial that those imbeciles put out! WHHEEWWWW.. that stinks!!!

The definition of Professional: they get PAID for it... Now one said they had to be good.

I've been telling you folks for a while now...ITS UP TO US!!! not the campaign.. BUT US.

COROPLAST SIGNS! are the answer.

The "Sign Bomb" thread, Berma Shave concepts, hanging from trees, attachted to guardrails, anywhere and everywhere.

Just get them up! I've been driving for quite a while now searching for signs. I've seen less than 10 RP signs out of almost 15,000 miles!!!! Thats ridiculous! WE can nip that in the bud right NOW!!!

If everyone will sign onto the sign bomb ...we can get the message out!

"Sign Bomb":
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28847

We don't need the campaigns help!

Truckinmike

Flirple
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm on the fence. To me, it is truly awful. I mean laughable, but I think for average people who watch alot of TV, not so bad.

And I question their strategies too sometimes, like when I heard they opening up offices in Utah of all places. Yep.

I agree with this. But on the other hand I trust Ron's political instincts better than mine. He is after all one of the most successful politicians in DC right now. He knows how to build coalitions. I suspect that Ron is correct on this strategy even though I personally don't like it. This is how he gets reelected in his very conservative district. He must appeal to the mainstream.

I am suspending judgment until I see what happens in the polls 2-3 weeks from now after this NH media blitz.

austin356
10-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Mike you can't win a Presidential campaign with just name recognition. You must have name association also, TV/Radio is where you take recognition and associate something with it. NH has signs. NH needs some good radio and TV ads to go along with them!

I feel sick too. Should I really donate the $100 I dont really have on the 5th? Should I really continue to spend 40 hours a week working on this campaign, if this is the type of shit they are going to do with my $$/effort?

I know I am not the target audience; But I have no problem with the message. Its the execution that looks like something some teenagers made off of windows movie maker.

K1RBY
10-27-2007, 06:43 PM
ok. this argument that RP knows what hes doing better than us doesnt make sense...

did RP launch his own internet success? NO
does RP know how to make all those youtube videos we love? NO
does RP know about building websites? NO
does RP know about ripping and burning DVDs? NO
how about writing creative campaign songs? NO

ron paul just delivers the massage!...his followers take the message & do all these things in a creative way that other people see, like, and agree with...

SO..when someone says 'the ad is finished, what do you think?'..hes prolly taking their word for it because the rest has all taken off so well.

..well all those other things were not done by the so called 'campaign pros'..and hell no, i dont trust them more than my own judgement.

like i have said here in the past, assume poeple know better than us, is the reason our country is in the shape its in anyway.

argounova
11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
This ad is a slap in the face.

THIS is what we're donating our money for?

I feel sick too.
agreed

Geronimo
11-02-2007, 07:41 PM
It's a good thing you bumped this thread just to say that you agree.

Magsec
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I've really warmed up to the commercial. The hokiness gives it a certain charm. Plus I always have a good laugh at the end of it.

"He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!" Genius!

stevedasbach
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
This ad is very similar to ones Ron successfully used to get elected. He's running it because his experience in winning ten Congressional elections tells him it works.

James R
11-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Ron Paul is not winning because of his official campaign. He is winning because of the grassroots effort. Headquarters can make quite a lot of mistakes and we could still end up winning. The main thing is that we have to rely only on ourselves and not the official headquarters to win.

me3
11-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Ron Paul is CATCHING ON!

Nash
11-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I thought this ad was going to bury the whole campaign. We were supposed to implode from the inside and be derailed completely.

Funny how donations in NH have actually gone up because of this.

Isn't that weird. A guy who has served in office for almost 20 years and been voted in TWICE as a challenger knows how to advertise. I'm shocked that the armchair campaign managers were wrong on this.

Corydoras
11-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Isn't that weird. A guy who has served in office for almost 20 years and been voted in TWICE as a challenger knows how to advertise.

Yeah, isn't that strange, how an experienced repeat winner might know something about how to win?
:D

But let's let this thread die, please! Die die die!