Flash
05-14-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Ap_M_hisg&feature=related

Agorism
05-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Old interview

Flash
05-14-2011, 02:57 PM
It's a year old, but worth posting. Especially with this Baja Arizona incident.

AuH20
05-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Pat talks about the CRA as well in that interview.

anaconda
05-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Pat surprises me a bit here. What would he say about German immigrants in the 1800's? Italian immigrants? Etc. It took a generation for people to speak English fluently. There was strife between cultures in the past. He seems to overlook this when he says that there is a coming "war of all against all."

BlackTerrel
05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Pat surprises me a bit here. What would he say about German immigrants in the 1800's? Italian immigrants? Etc. It took a generation for people to speak English fluently. There was strife between cultures in the past. He seems to overlook this when he says that there is a coming "war of all against all."

Pat has a good track record for the past 50 years that would explain his inconsistency.

America isn't breaking up into enclaves by the way despite the fact that Buchanan and others would like it to happen. I actually feel like for the most part we get along fine. There is tension sure, and there always has been. But no worse than it has been in the past.

For economic reasons I had to move almost yearly since I was 2 till I was 18 and even afterwards a number of times, so I've lived in large parts of the US. There weren't any that I found inhospitable.

anaconda
05-14-2011, 04:59 PM
It kind of sounds like Pat only want white immigrants, as opposed to a white enclave. I love Pat but if he wanted to make a good case for a coming "war of all against all" he needed to contrast the current ethnic disparity to those in the past (i.e. Japanese, Italians, Germans, Irish, etc.) and explain why the apparent cultural assimilation of the 19th and 20th centuries (which seemed fairly successful) is now doomed to a different outcome. Knowing Pat, he may have some very compelling theory. He just didn't get to it in this interview.

AuH20
05-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Huge differences between then & now. Current migration trends blow away those we saw in the past. No welfare state back then. No ethnic lobbying blocs. No multicultural protections or auxiliary language aids at every turn. Community life has diminished in modern America, in that we can now live isolated from one another. Also, perilous travel distances in terms of ocean travel for the majority of European migrants made staying an all-out effort. Basically, the great melting pot has been broken for decades.

BlackTerrel
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
It kind of sounds like Pat only want white immigrants, as opposed to a white enclave. I love Pat but if he wanted to make a good case for a coming "war of all against all" he needed to contrast the current ethnic disparity to those in the past (i.e. Japanese, Italians, Germans, Irish, etc.) and explain why the apparent cultural assimilation of the 19th and 20th centuries (which seemed fairly successful) is now doomed to a different outcome. Knowing Pat, he may have some very compelling theory. He just didn't get to it in this interview.

Bingo. And he's been saying it for 50 years.