PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann You guys are gonna love this...

AndrewD
05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Michele Bachmann has been formally challenged by a high school sophomore from New Jersey to a "Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States".

She wrote the Represenative the following letter:

Dear Representative Bachmann,

My name is Amy Myers. I am a Cherry Hill, New Jersey sophomore attending Cherry Hill High School East. As a typical high school student, I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted. The frequency and scope of these comments prompted me to write this letter.

Though I am not in your home district, or even your home state, you are a United States Representative of some prominence who is subject to national media coverage. News outlets and websites across this country profile your causes and viewpoints on a regular basis. As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere. Though politically expedient, incorrect comments cast a shadow on your person and by unfortunate proxy, both your supporters and detractors alike often generalize this shadow to women as a whole.

Rep. Bachmann, the frequent inability you have shown to accurately and factually present even the most basic information about the United States led me to submit the follow challenge, pitting my public education against your advanced legal education:

I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics.

Hopefully, we will be able to meet for such an event, as it would prove to be enlightening.

Sincerely yours,
Amy Myers

I doubt this will happen, but I am very pleased to be again encouraged of our youth and their potential.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/high-schooler-challenges-michelle-bachmann-to-constitution-showdown

happyphilter
05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Why doesn't she challenge Obama?

nocompromises
05-14-2011, 01:49 PM
This woman is a liberal feminist trying to attack a Republican.

Jeremy
05-14-2011, 04:36 PM
It would be useful if this student would say what exactly she is referring to.

rockandrollsouls
05-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Bingo. Cherry Hill is highly very liberal. I believe the county its located in is one of the most democratic in my state.

anaconda
05-14-2011, 04:43 PM
RP should participate. And maybe Dianne Feinstein.

Sola_Fide
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Why would we like this?

AndrewD
05-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Why would we like this?

Lean left, center or right. The choice is yours. And that applies to all citizens. The important thing is that our youth are learning the significance of our Constitution. It's not just some scroll that was found at the bottom of the Dead Sea.

I understand this is only one person. In and of itself it doesn't prove that our youth as a whole is embracing the Constitution. But if you have the gall to back a politician into a corner with the Constitution in hand, I support you.

Remember, 2012 is not the end-all (well, actually ... lol). It's the small things like this, multiplied over time that can change our future generation.

RM918
05-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I imagine all her responses will be citing the commerce clause or the general welfare clause.

JohnEngland
05-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Worth repeating. This whole thing is an attempt to get media attention in order to attack Bachmann. Pretty transparent.

specsaregood
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Worth repeating. This whole thing is an attempt to get media attention in order to attack Bachmann. Pretty transparent.

She deserves the challenge. She wraps herself in the flag and waxes poetically about the constitution, yet votes for the patriot act and unconstitutional wars, foreign aid. I'm sure If I put a slightest bit of effort into it I could come up with a full page of unconstitutional votes by her.

anaconda
05-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Why would we like this?

Constitution Smackdown!!

Occam's Banana
05-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I imagine all her responses will be citing the commerce clause or the general welfare clause.
And, of course, the "supremacy" clause.

Johncjackson
05-16-2011, 08:40 AM
She deserves the challenge. She wraps herself in the flag and waxes poetically about the constitution, yet votes for the patriot act and unconstitutional wars, foreign aid. I'm sure If I put a slightest bit of effort into it I could come up with a full page of unconstitutional votes by her.

Exactly. I don't really understand the point of so many people here going out of their way to defend Bachmann. The false Constitutionalists in the GOP primaries ( and those considering entering) are the ones competing for the Ron Paul vote, not "liberals" who don't claim to uphold the Constitution.

Bryan
05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
A debate isn't necessary, and there is no reason why Michele would do this for someone out of her district. The gal should just do a write-up analyzing Bachmann's statements, positions and most importantly, votes.

randolphfuller
05-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Don't take her too lightly. With Huckabee out, Dr. Paul's minimal support among women, and Iowa fondness for midwesterners and evangelicals, she could be very dangerous in the early primaries, and caususes,

PaulConventionWV
05-16-2011, 10:34 AM

+rep

The things that come from these clauses alone are just abhorrent. Through my political science education, I have come to view the supreme court in a much different manner. They are often way too liberal.

LJHudd
05-16-2011, 10:50 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110516/ts_yblog_thelookout/teen-who-challenged-bachmann-to-constitution-showdown-is-running-for-class-president Read this article for a much better explanation as to what is going on with this young lady, I was quite impressed.

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
If this happens - I'd be willing to pay for this as a PPV event - it should be entertaining....

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
5,619 comments - I think Bachman is screwed... this will probably happen.

YeeeeHaaa!

dustinto
05-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Great.. two people that don't really understand the Constitution, debating the constitution.

AuH20
05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Great, another brash psychotic feminist from Cherry Hill New Jersey. I'm going to root for Bachmann obviously, even if she's not my ideal republican. These Ann Meyer types need to be put in their place with their Living Constitution nonsense.

Romulus
05-16-2011, 11:47 AM

Fine by me.

She supports the Patriot Act, lets expose her on it.

AuH20
05-16-2011, 11:48 AM
The Living Constitution argument is a license to do anything your little heart desires:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/dieteman5.html

jabrownie
05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Another follow up story, front page of yahoo. No response yet from the Bachmann camp.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110516/ts_yblog_thelookout/teen-who-challenged-bachmann-to-constitution-showdown-is-running-for-class-president

Romulus
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Here's Bachmans response..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

nate895
05-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Here's Bachmans response..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Why should a sitting Congresswoman have any other response to a high school sophomore? You'd probably think I was an arrogant little twerp (and I'd be guilty) if I challenged Ron Paul to a debate on his view of the Constitution as a college senior.