PDA

View Full Version : Notice how Ron is being attacked...

RileyE104
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
- drug policy
- FEMA / CRA (taxation and property rights)
- the killing of OBL

Basically, the media has come out in full blast directing their attacks toward Ron Paul's libertarian philosophy and his foreign policy.

NOTICE: Virtually nothing has been said about his economic policies. WHY? Because the media knows that 2012 is going to be about the economy. They know that the economy is Ron Paul's expertise and is what will propel him into the White House should he continue pulling people over to his side. That is why they're ignoring this subject when interviewing and talking about Ron Paul. The new form of propaganda is not what is said but what is NOT said. They are purposely trying to pull potential support from Ron Paul by not bringing up or talking about his positions on the economy.

doodle
05-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Even on foreign policy, they are not talking to him about his views on massive spending on Iraq, Afghan wars that has added trillions to exploding deficits.

But it's part of their game, Ron Paul will prevail and keep pullinh ahead to be top tier GOP contender to defeat Obama. Ron Paul has very sound views on issues that matter to people.

RileyE104
05-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Even on foreign policy, they are not talking to him about his views on massive spending on Iraq, Afghan wars that has added trillions to exploding deficits.

That's what I'm saying.. They're taking focus away from the issue of economy, spending, etc. and focusing on semantics about foreign policy instead of recognizing that it too has economic ramifications.

doodle
05-14-2011, 12:43 PM
That's what I'm saying.. They're taking focus away from the issue of economy, spending, etc. and focusing on semantics about foreign policy instead of recognizing that it too has economic ramifications.

That is to be expected.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?292836-Stay-focussed-on-the-message&p=3273360&viewfull=1#post3273360

WilliamC
05-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Better this get aired out early on in the campaign so later if the issues are raises again Ron can simply say he's already answered them and then bring the interview back to histalking points.

I noticed he really talked over Chris Matthews when Matthews tried to imply that his libertarian views automatically made him a racist, and Chris ended up looking like an idiot saying that some States would reimpose segregation.

Ron needs to defeat these attacks from the start and from what I've seen he's doing so.

LisaNY
05-14-2011, 01:12 PM
They're just spinning his words because they have no real basis to attack him. Look, compared to the rest of the field Ron is as pure as the driven snow: No ethics violations, no sleeping with his subordinates, no destroying his records while in office, no quitting his term, no mandates on the people, no taxes raised. He's not a reality show clown and he never pardoned any convicted murderers.

doodle
05-14-2011, 01:18 PM
LisaNY, maybe so but he did oppose liberation of Iraqi civilians from Saddam dictatorship when it was the most patriotic thing to do. He doubted a sitting President of the US while America was at war.

Peace&Freedom
05-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Liberating Iraqis was the most patriotic thing to do...for Iraqis. It was not America's duty, IF it was 'liberation.' Was it even a time of war, since Saddam was not a threat to us, and Congress did not declare war? Lots of loaded language in your construction.

But back to the OP, yes, the whole object is to avoid giving Paul no chance to easily get to his strongest talking points, so the MSM is trying hard to not ask him the set-up questions that lead to those answers. I was amazed during the debates of 2007 to see how often the GOP candidates would be asked about healthcare reform, but Paul, the only Doctor among them, would get skipped almost every time. The tried and true "ask the sideshow candidate sideshow questions, and the main contenders the real questions" is being trotted out again. But Paul is experienced enough to not get cornered or boxed out by the tactic this time around.

HOLLYWOOD
05-14-2011, 01:46 PM
They Faso-corporatist MSM news.. sure are pumping up T-Paw, Mitch Daniels, Christ Christie, and Newt Gingrich.

The rigged cosy game between establishment government and corporations will always push THEIR puppets/partners in crime and attack those that threaten their little racketeering operations.

Eyes Wide Shut America

Carehn
05-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I'v had some people ask me about this. People that don't care to much but they noticed an abnormal amount of anti ron paul stuff out there and came to me because im the crazy ron paul guy in there life.

Had to tell them that the media and state where letting them know in a nice way the Ron Paul is not approved for there vote and they would have to look else where or be deemed a terrorist loving, anti american, isolationist, who is out of step with conventional thinking.

romacox
05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
In 2008 the media ridiculed him, and that is exactly what made me check him out because I figured he might not be "One of the good old boys." I did not know about this web site or Campaign for Liberty, but I did check out his voting record, and liked what I saw.

So use the fact that the media ridicules him to our advantage...see this article for an example How To Vote Smart (http://educatorssite.com/?p=512)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-14-2011, 01:49 PM
LisaNY, maybe so but he did oppose liberation of Iraqi civilians from Saddam dictatorship when it was the most patriotic thing to do. He doubted a sitting President of the US while America was at war.

We liberated the shit out of them too.

Trigonx
05-14-2011, 01:54 PM
We liberated the shit out of them too.

that made me laugh. Nice.