PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul App on Facebook, Android, iPhone

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Is it just me or does it seem as if there's a gigantic void that should be filled when i enter Ron Paul into the Facebook search box, I filter by Applications and it returns 0 result?

Here are some of the things that could be covered in a Ron Paul application and that could also be ported to phone platforms:

- Scheduled appearances and events listed and integrated into my Calendar
- Latest Youtube videos and media appearances
- A way to donate quickly to the campaign and by impulse
- Published speeches and policy statements readily accessible
- A Ron Paul news aggregator

Those are just off the top of my head. I really hope the campaign or the grassroots can come up with something. It just feels like we need to dominate this area if we want to have a fighting chance...

Bruno
05-14-2011, 11:30 AM
+ rep

Great idea! Do other candidates have apps? It'd get publicity just for being another first from the Paul campaign.

I'd donate to a chip-in.

hillertexas
05-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I would love an iphone app

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-14-2011, 11:42 AM
If it took a chip-in to get a team of programmers and developers seriously going on a project like that, then you can count me in as well, as I cannot legally donate to the campaign anyways...

You are also right that the buzz factor from having the first complete political app for a candidate would pay for itself 10x over in media coverage, and would make the campaign look pro-actively better than it did in 08 when it had issues keeping (all) the media informed of Dr. Paul's events.

Now who will take the lead?

bobbyw24
05-14-2011, 11:52 AM
There is a Ron Paul App for iPhone and Android available now.

Dan Chen, a member of this forum, created it.

Android App link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.epage.android.ronpaul&feature=search_result

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Funny you mention that, I actually downloaded Dan's app a while ago, but i didn't check it out right away and forgot about it. After playing around with it for a few seconds, it does look slick and is the general idea I was going for. Maybe I should get in touch with him and see if he could do a Facebook version?

mport1
05-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Great idea.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Someone in MN has created a nice app. He hasn't released it yet, but I'm sure word will get around when he does.

Johnnymac
05-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I got the iPhone one, it deff needs alot of work but at least its out there now when ever someone asks who's Ron Paul I can be like BAM! and instant convincing :)

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Just got a reply from Dan:

Thanks for the feedback. I've been meaning to make a Facebook page/app for some time now, but I've been so busy that I haven't got around to it. I will make it a new priority though because it is essential at this point and kind of embarrassing that it doesnt exist yet.

Thanks,
Dan Chen

IDefendThePlatform
05-15-2011, 07:39 AM
I've got the Ron Paul iPhone app. Its awesome.

Two other apps that I think we should all have are the CNN ireport and the FoxNews UReport apps. Anytime you go to a Ron Paul event, a speech, rally, whatever you can take video and photos and send them to CNN and Foxnews. Get some potential free publicity.

nullvalu
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM
I could probably port to Androind.. could someone get me Dan's contact info?

Bruise_Lii
06-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Hi I am the creator of the Ron Paul app. If any of you guys are programers and want to help me make the app better, please contact me at emaildanchen@gmail.com

Peer2Paul
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
If anyone is still interested in this there is one that can be in the works very soon. I have a mobile programmer on board willing to work full time on the engineering end of this. I had an idea for a door-2-door campaign app awhile ago, but the idea stalled. It has now been revived. If you are interested please message me at thetranscendent@gmail.com

We are looking to make an amazing app for door to door campaigning. It would give the Ron Paul movement a huge leg up on the competition, acting as a game changer.

icon124
08-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I would download one, so yes that means this is a great idea LOL. Let's get a chip in started someone. Come on RevPac? Great idea here!!!!!!!

Pizzo
08-21-2011, 03:26 PM
An iPad version of Daniel's app would be a great idea as well. I purchased the iPhone version a while ago and definitely recommend it.

ronpaulfan13
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey. I see people are interested in Ron Paul iPhone Apps. I have just released the Ron Paul Mobile App for the iPhone and iPad (including full iPad version).
The app is normally $1.99, but it is on sale initially for $0.99! You can check it out here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ron-paul-mobile/id448219846?mt=8#

The app gives you access to the latest news and videos about Ron Paul, as well as live gold and silver prices. News and videos can easily be shared via Facebook or email. It includes direct access to many Ron Paul information sources available on the web, and a direct link to make donations to the campaign.

We want this to be the best source of Ron Paul Information on the iPhone or iPad, so we would really appreciate feedback and suggestions. If there is a feature that is missing that you would like to see, just let us know and we'll do our best to incorporate it.

You can send suggestions to support@rhine-o.com, or better yet post your thoughts right here on this thread so the community can tell us what they think.

So check out the app today at:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ron-paul-mobile/id448219846?mt=8#

For more screenshots check out our webpage at http://ronpaulmobile.rhine-o.com/

Ron Paul 2012!