PDA

View Full Version : Hot Air Creates Entry About Ron's Views on the CRA

AuH20
05-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Goldwater and Reagan would have grabbed these idiots by the ears if they heard them talking like this. F@#$%^s are playing the racecard like the left. Unbelievable.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/05/14/ron-paul-i-would-have-opposed-the-1964-civil-rights-act-on-property-rights-grounds/comment-page-1/#comments

Funny how there’s such an overlap between libertarians and white supremacists.

Can’t tell them that though, there too arrogant and hypersensitive to take any criticism.

Machiavelli Hobbes on May 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

ronpaulitician
05-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Just remind them that their hero, Ronald Reagan, would have voted against the Civil Rights act, too.

doodle
05-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Meh

Hotair has changed a liitle bit in its distortions campaign, a history lesson from the past shows one of the most dishonest kinds of media distortions carried out by a Fox anchor and HotAir website founder Michelle Malkin who some used to call ugly mugly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yOgLP7Lkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yOgLP7Lkw

http://freakoutnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/michelle_malkin.gif

Bruno
05-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Sunlight on this issue is the best thing that could happen. The more Ron is asked about it, the more people wil actually his his entire answer and reasoning, which has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with personal liberty and legalizing freedom from the government, instead of hearing some rumor of a smear from three years ago.

Ron Paul is obviously prepared to answer these questions, and I was fired up to see how he responded to Chris Matthews.

Captain America
05-14-2011, 10:50 AM
it seems as though these people commenting never opened up a book, that wasn't from the public school system

Endgame
05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Sunlight on this issue is the best thing that could happen. The more Ron is asked about it, the more people wil actually his his entire answer and reasoning, which has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with personal liberty and legalizing freedom from the government, instead of hearing some rumor of a smear from three years ago.

Ron Paul is obviously prepared to answer these questions, and I was fired up to see how he responded to Chris Matthews.

I didn't consider that prepared. There was some mumbling about libertarian philosophy, which no one watching MSNBC cares about or gets, especially from a few minutes of sound bites.

The fact is, this non-issue the main thing that the media uses to scare liberals away from libertarians. Go on some liberal forums. This is the first thing they will bring up. They are completely unaware of everything RP actually advocates. Interviews like this don't help. That's a problem.

I'm sure he'll be able to overcome this the same as Rand did though.

sailingaway
05-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Can't comment there, but I'm not sure I'd waste my time. They create a cocoon style comment echo chamber for a reason. Reality is uncomfortable to them.

Flash
05-14-2011, 11:03 AM
The voters we're trying to attract are white & angry. We're never going to win the intellectual keyboard warrior smugfags on blogs.

sailingaway
05-14-2011, 11:11 AM
The voters we're trying to attract are white & angry. We're never going to win the intellectual keyboard warrior smugfags on blogs.

I disagree on many fronts. The voters we are likely to attract that we wouldn't usually are likely ANGRY but white is irrelevant. And there are few intellectuals at HotAir.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-14-2011, 11:14 AM

The real smear campaign will be the newsletters. What they are doing here is warming up for it. They are pretending to be interested in Paul at all to gain credibility with the tea party types. Then they'll try to smash him when they feel the time is right.

Flash
05-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I disagree on many fronts. The voters we are likely to attract that we wouldn't usually are likely ANGRY but white is irrelevant. And there are few intellectuals at HotAir.

Well, look at Iowa. It's something like 96% white and most of them seem to be Christain Conservative whites that are sick of the race card. Same with Kentucky. I seriously doubt they'll care about Ron's position on CRA.

Now New Hampshire may be a different story.

pcosmar
05-14-2011, 11:23 AM
When has Hot Air been anything but hot air?
When have they ever been even tolerant of Ron Paul?

They are an anti-liberty, neo-con site.

To be expected.

AlexanderY
05-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Yeah, but while they may agree with us on economic policy, they tend to be way out of line with us on foreign policy.

I know a lot of people who would fall under the "white & angry" category, they seem to want serious cuts in government, yet I remember when Donald Trump claimed he want to take Libya's oil, many were in concurrence.

If only you could get the NeoCon out of them. The problem I see with that demographic is that they seem to equate "respect" with "fear," specifically on foreign policy.

Monarchist
05-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Now New Hampshire may be a different story.

New Hampsh-uh is very white bread:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_hampshire#Demographics

axiomata
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Didn't a Hot Air blogger defend Rand's CRA statement?

Flash
05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
New Hampsh-uh is very white bread:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_hampshire#Demographics

I'm aware. But their Republicans are much more "liberal." I think they would be turned off from Ron's CRA stance.