PDA

View Full Version : The Ad is not for the MTV generation

rodent
10-27-2007, 03:31 PM

Lord Xar
10-27-2007, 04:03 PM
EXACTLY! This ad is for NON INTERNET users... Also, keep in mind -

Do we really want Ron Paul spending 100's of thousands on producing of an ad? Not me.

You make due with what you got! This ad is for the people who are not on the internet browsing youtube etc.... You know what I mean?

The commercial is fine.

Paulitician
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
It still sucks

Vaughn
10-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I think its fine too. If you listen to just the audio there really is no problem. Maybe it could have lost the, "hes catching on!", but thats just my opinion.

K1RBY
10-27-2007, 04:06 PM
they would no have to spend shit!!!

the campaign should just have a CONTEST - whoever makes the best 1min ad, will have it used officially by the campaign.

they would have the best minds on the internet working on it....FOR FREE!

DO IT NOW.

ronpaulyourmom
10-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry this ad is absolutely terrible no matter what perspective you look at it from. This ad needs to be canned ASAP.

We could make a better ad for ZERO by just grabbing debate footage.

Lord Xar
10-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Trust me..

LET YOUR PARENTS, YOUR GRANDPARENTS watch the ad, and see what they say..

This ad is probably not targeted towards this demographic.."us"....

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Kirby,

I think that's a fine idea. Why don't you recommend it.

Even if the campaign doesn't take you up on it, maybe we would get an excellent ad we could use at the grassroots level.

Drknows
10-27-2007, 04:10 PM

the campaign should just have a CONTEST - whoever makes the best 1min ad, will have it used officially by the campaign.

DO IT NOW.

I agree! Well we have the ron paul "i approve this ad" part with a blue screen. we could edit this into about anything!!!

kylejack
10-27-2007, 04:12 PM
How about if we were to execute the next person who makes a new thread about the same topic?

Johnnybags
10-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Trust me..

one guy. He is in it twice and it comes off as contrived, the college kids need to be having a casual conversation rather than a script. Grandparents need to see an aging veteran in a hat. Trust me, thats what they need to see. Surely, the production team can see this. Heck, I would a have gotten a few college kids to nail the script.

Man from La Mancha
10-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Did not Adam Curry ask Ron who runs the campaign and Ron said he does. So you don't trust your commander in-chief that has the experience to fight this war.:D

DrNoZone
10-27-2007, 04:49 PM
EXACTLY! This ad is for NON INTERNET users... Also, keep in mind -

Do we really want Ron Paul spending 100's of thousands on producing of an ad? Not me.

You make due with what you got! This ad is for the people who are not on the internet browsing youtube etc.... You know what I mean?

The commercial is fine.

That's the point! He spent TOO much on this crappy ad. He could have spent a lot less if he had tapped the grassroots for help in creating an ad.

kylejack
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
You have no idea what he spent making this ad.

me3
10-27-2007, 04:53 PM
How about if we were to execute the next person who makes a new thread about the same topic?
Dr. Paul is against the death penalty. However, if someone practices civil disobedience, they should be aware of the consequences. :D

Adamsa
10-27-2007, 04:58 PM
The ad isn't for any generation.

Mattsa
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM
It still sucks

It is bloody awful

I think RP's campaign team unwittingly paid a distant cousin of Rothschilds or the Rockerfellers to produce it

DrNoZone
10-27-2007, 05:08 PM
You have no idea what he spent making this ad.

$100 is too much! He could have had a MUCH better ad for cheap or even free if they would have just tapped the MASSIVE talent of the grassroots!

Jerome
10-27-2007, 05:22 PM
The ad isn't targeted towards us, ie tech savvy young people. It's trying to reach a segment that is likely all but clueless about who Ron Paul is. The ad is fine.

ButchHowdy
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Am I the only one who remembers Newhart?!?

This commercial is definitely appropriate for NH!

Vonhayek7
10-27-2007, 05:27 PM
what is the MTV generation? haha.

MTV is pretty irrelevent in pop culture I think.

amakris
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Trust me..

People are also polite. As an exhibit, I present American Idol auditions. Get the earplugs. Someone told these crappy singers they could sing.

That ad cannot sing.

remaxjon
10-27-2007, 06:06 PM
It still sucks

+1

Taco John
10-27-2007, 06:12 PM
It's a good ad. Cheaply produced, cheaply spread out, and not too glamorous. We've been spoiled by avaroth productions that tug at our heartstrings, but avaroth's videos are too long. They needed cheap, quick, and to the point. The video did that.

We're not trying to sell Mountain Dew, so relax. The ad is not doom.

It's actually the worst political ad I can ever remember seeing. There's no way we're going to beat Hillary with ads like that.

slantedview
10-27-2007, 06:13 PM
For anyone who keeps saying it sucks, you don't like it, etc., etc. WE GET IT. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and unconstructive negative comments. No need to say it more than once.

Taco John
10-27-2007, 06:15 PM
For anyone who keeps saying it sucks, you don't like it, etc., etc. WE GET IT. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and unconstructive negative comments. No need to say it more than once.

Our enemies get it to. They're delighted that we're putting out such unprofessional crap. I'm hearing it on the other forums that I frequent. They're laughing their asses off at us, asking us when we're going to get real.

slantedview
10-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Our enemies get it to. They're delighted that we're putting out such unprofessional crap. I'm hearing it on the other forums that I frequent. They're laughing their asses off at us, asking us when we're going to get real.
That's fine, but there's no need for any one user to flood the forums with post after post saying they don't like it. Once is enough.

0zzy
10-27-2007, 06:49 PM
That's fine, but there's no need for any one user to flood the forums with post after post saying they don't like it. Once is enough.

Amen, I've seen Taco post the same all day. it's annoying.

CAKochenash
10-27-2007, 06:55 PM

DO IT NOW.

i agree....

Channing
10-27-2007, 07:08 PM
People should say what they don't like about the video. Such as needs uplifting music, more authentic appearing people and some real policy messages, plus some statements from RP himself.

Revolution9
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Amen, I've seen Taco post the same all day. it's annoying.

Goddamned marketers!

Best
Randy

kylejack
10-27-2007, 07:19 PM
It's actually the worst political ad I can ever remember seeing. There's no way we're going to beat Hillary with ads like that.
Hillary is going to win the Republican nomination!