PDA

View Full Version : How to get the elderly to DONATE.....

Dojo
10-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Give them a DONATION ENVELOPE !!!!! ............ It worked with my mother, after repeatedly asking her if she had donated yet, she finally told me she wasn't comfortable doing it online. BUT BOY SHE HAS NO PROBLEM WRITING A CHECK. Esp with a pre-addressed envelope

Wish she had said something before, I took it for granted everyone is comfrotable doing this. I got a couple envelopes from the rally I went to..... but we need to have them available to give out TOO. The older people are more likely to use them..... By the way, how would I get some more......

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Give them a DONATION ENVELOPE !!!!! ............ It worked with my mother, after repeatedly asking her if she had donated yet, she finally told me she wasn't comfortable doing it online. BUT BOY SHE HAS NO PROBLEM WRITING A CHECK. Esp with a pre-addressed envelope

Wish she had said something before, I took it for granted everyone is comfrotable doing this. I got a couple envelopes from the rally I went to..... but we need to have them available to give out TOO. The older people are more likely to use them..... By the way, how would I get some more......

My inner sense says "Be careful with this one".

All we need is a nice friendly piece about Paulites combing the nursing homes looking for easy money from our dementia'd elderly..

Dojo
10-27-2007, 03:40 PM
.....LOL my mother is 71, but both still has both oars in the water "her words"

bbachtung
10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I was thinking that this thread was going to answer the question with:

Because . . .

Giuliani and Romney want to take away your medications;

Huck wants to tax your medications;

Fred Thompson wants to use your medications.

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I was thinking that this thread was going to answer the question with:

Because . . .

Giuliani and Romney want to take away your medications;

Huck wants to tax your medications;

Fred Thompson wants to use your medications.

Add..

Heres an envelope to donate your money in..

Please stop drooling at me...

Sorry. bad humor but this forum has eaten me up today.

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
this is a very good idea.

Lyn
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Very good idea! My mom is only 62 but she will never use the internet for financial business.

quickmike
10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey, anything is better than the governments tactics

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42228000/jpg/_42228750_mugged_bbc203.jpg

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
hahaha! You forgot the gun in her face :D

Hey, anything is better than the governments tactics

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42228000/jpg/_42228750_mugged_bbc203.jpg

Geronimo
10-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I find that pistol whipping usually works.

Dojo
10-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Well... I'm going to find out if I can get some more "offical" donation envelopes from the campaign committee, I know I could get more money for him ...... some people just won't go online and donate, or download the contribution form...... (I only have one left...and my mom isn't maxed out yet.!!!! ) I think those envelopes make it very easy and convienent for A LOT of people.............. money we need to get....

Man from La Mancha
10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Great Idea. Make sure you write on the envelope, max donation $2300, we don't want to get anybody in trouble.:)

MsDoodahs
10-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I know an older person who has requested that I get her info and a donation envelope, she's told me when she gets it she WILL be sending RP some $.

:)

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I think if they write a check for more than that they send the check back with a letter stating. But I guess it doesnt hurt to have the max on the envelope :)

Great Idea. Make sure you write on the envelope, max donation $2300, we don't want to get anybody in trouble.:)

centure7
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Give them a DONATION ENVELOPE !!!!!

Even a good chunk of middle-aged people would never put their credit card online. My parents in their 50's probably would not want to put their credit card online.

lucius
10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Add..

Heres an envelope to donate your money in..

Please stop drooling at me...

Sorry. bad humor but this forum has eaten me up today.

That is what I was thinking, pass out envelopes during pill call... :D

ps. Where can I get some of these envelopes?

bbachtung
10-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Here's a link to a form to use for mailed contributions:

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/RP2008-Reply-form.pdf