PDA

View Full Version : To those who are depressed or angry right now, Understand This!

SilentBull
05-14-2011, 05:08 AM
To those who are depressed or angry about all the attacks and the way Ron Paul has chosen to directly address those attacks, realize that IT'S ALL GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN! This is exactly what we want. I couldn't be happier and more optimistic right now and here is why.

1. Imagine being Ron Paul and spending 30 years speaking the truth and having no one pay attention to you or take you seriously. Imagine the frustration of being the only one in Congress who gets it. Now, after 30 years you FINALLY have an audience willing to listen. Millions of people now take what you say seriously. Would you feel now is the right time to "tone down" that truth? Absolutely not. You need to take advantage that people are willing to listen and make those 30 years count for something, which brings me to point #2.

2. Like Ron Paul said, for the country to really change for the better, you don't just need to get people elected. You need to get people, the voters, to change the way they think; to get them to believe in freedom again, or at least get them to start thinking about issues rather than just accepting the view they have been taught is the only socially-acceptable one. Winning the election is not our major goal here! It's a bonus. How many of you would have become hardcore Ron Paul supporters had he not addressed controversial issues head-on in 2008? This is what makes Ron Paul, Ron Paul. This is what makes him different. For every hardcore neocon that gets pissed at Ron's positions, we probably gain a few independent-minded people.

3. These attacks by the media yesterday should actually make you really happy. It means they are afraid and know he can win. Remember Rand? Rand's story (after the primary) had a similar beginning. Remember how that story ended? I would be worried if they were not attacking Ron right now. They are throwing everything at him right from the start: heroin, prostitution, FEMA, CRA. Holy crap, imagine the fear they must be feeling right now! And it's better that they throw all of this at him now because we still have a ton of time.

I have a friend I work with who never cared about politics, and now says he will be jumping on the Ron Paul bandwagon. I have another friend who is a liberal Obama supporter who admitted to me the other day that he wants to see Ron Paul vs Obama, and depending on how the debates go, would consider voting for Paul. It's working! He is "catching on, I'm telling ya."

Cap
05-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Thank you for the wonderful post. +Rep

teacherone
05-14-2011, 05:51 AM
awesome.

optimistic thoughts can affect a pessimistic reality.

http://royalsblog.kansascity.com/files/images/happy-dog.preview.jpg

payme_rick
05-14-2011, 06:31 AM
If ya aren't getting yelled at, you're not important...

Trigonx
05-14-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm sure everyone expected a fight once this was announced. If the media wants to keep any credibility that it has left they can not ignore us and can not laugh at the ideas we support(which are gaining in popularity every day). This is why I believe it was a tremendously hard decision for Ron to run because of shit storm that will be created.

ronpaulitician
05-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Remember to tell any person who intends to vote for Obama but who would like to see Paul matched up against him to (if needed) become a Republican for a day in order to be able to vote for Paul in the primaries. Maybe make it into somewhat of a challenge. "If you really believed that, then you would put yourself in a position to vote for Ron Paul in the GOP primaries."

outspoken
05-14-2011, 06:57 AM
'First they laugh at you, then they hate you, then you win.' ~Gandhi

acptulsa
05-14-2011, 08:19 AM
2008 RPF standard whine: 'They're sheeple! They're sheeple! Why the *&^%$# won't they wake up?!

2011 RPF standard whine: 'OMG!! Ron's scaring people! He's taking them out of their comfort zone!

I think it's just a sign we have more G.O.P. faithful on here this time than last, that's all. And I say God bless 'em.

There is no such thing as sheeple. There is only Yamamoto's sleeping giant, waiting to be filled with a terrible resolve. And they keep getting more fitful and grumpier every day. TPTB figured it was just the time to crash everything and screw us in the process. Now they're trying to fix what they trashed, and finding out they're not smart enough to do it.

Our time has come. But that doesn't mean we need to stop coming here and whining. Just means we need to stop getting so depressed when we do. The people on this forum have been coming up with good solutions for four years straight. Who says we're going to stop now?

Don Lapre
05-14-2011, 08:36 AM
'First they laugh at you, then they hate you, then you win.' ~Gandhi

Close.

Actually it's - First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Ron was ignored for a VERY long time.
Then in '08 they laughed at him - remember the debates?
Now they are beginning to fight him, and fight 'his' ideology, which has caught on with a lot of people.
Next, we win!

The bashing from the media is to be expected and a LOT more of it is on the way.

smartguy911
05-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for this. Stay positive and keep pushing.

acptulsa
05-14-2011, 08:52 AM
They thought they were so good and we were so tamed that they could $#!+ where they lived. They're finding out different. Their time to be depressed, not ours. Our time to harvest the anger and give it direction.

LeJimster
05-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Bring on the attacks I say. Truth always wins out. And honest people will be able to see the truth once they're exposed to it. Ron can handle the media he's done thousands of interviews since the last election and I think the increase in support he's got is making him more confident when he's in debates. =)

catdd
05-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Ron laughed at Chris Mathews' notion that "total liberty" hasn't worked.

Bruno
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Bring it!! Ron is ready to defend himself and his positions and will only get better at it. Did we not all watch the same interviews? I couldn't be happier right now!

QueenB4Liberty
05-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Bring it!! Ron is ready to defend himself and his positions and will only get better at it. Did we not all watch the same interviews? I couldn't be happier right now!

Yeah I thought he did great. But you can tell they are scared.

Sweman
05-14-2011, 09:54 AM
To those who are depressed or angry...

+rep

doodle
05-14-2011, 10:21 AM
What in the world lol Attacks on RP are nothing new.

I see neocons depressed that RP has the best shot to beat Obama.

thehighwaymanq
05-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I would just like to add as a High School student, Ron Paul is OVERWHELMINGLY the favorite candidate.

Young people really do love this man. A bunch of us have Ron Paul bumper stickers on our cars, bracelets on our hands, and are promoting his ideas.

Ron is doing something special, let the MSM attack us. No big deal.

POSITIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS!

georgiaboy
05-14-2011, 11:25 AM
fighting the good fight.

CUnknown
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Great OP, and I agree with everything you said except that it's a bonus to win the election. It's not just a bonus, we have to win. Our country is being destroyed, and for all the progress we've made in the past years, the pace of destruction is only increasing -- we haven't actually made any practical difference yet.

I am totally being a buzz-kill here and I'm sorry but the future just really scares me. If Obama stays in power, or if a Romney gets it, either way America in 2016 will be so much worse off ... if we can avoid this, we need to, it's not just a bonus. I really believe this is our patriotic duty.

The Moravian
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
"Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight fight to all th(eir) sneaking around!" - Han Solo

Matthew Zak
05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
In my opinion we really need to focus on the war message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B45aTPOevQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfzRJSq740&feature=related