PDA

View Full Version : (youtube) John Stossel on Imus - Ron Paul is talked about.

ClayTrainor
05-14-2011, 02:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jMG-Cv4bo

ronpaulyourmom
05-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Stossel nailed it, absolute slam dunk. Ron Paul needs to watch that and narrow down his talking points imo.

Nate-ForLiberty
05-14-2011, 05:36 AM
god, can't listen to Imus-sed my pants. He's like Letterman with 20 years of drug abuse.

ronpaulitician
05-14-2011, 05:45 AM
"You're for legalizing drugs and prostitution? Why?"

As John answered "yes", I suddenly thought... wait a minute, it should be the other way around. Why are you for criminalizing it? What proof do you have that your stated reasons for criminalizing it are actually accomplished by criminalizing it?

SilentBull
05-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Stossel did great! Awesome points. How can people not agree with that?

SimpleName
05-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Stossel has become much more adept at discussion about libertarianism. I remember cringing at his answers. If only Ron could be this concise. As the Cain-loving media has shown, short, precision answers are the absolute key. They don't need to have a single thread of honesty or integrity. Just make sure the idea is presentable and sounds positive.

jtstellar
05-14-2011, 11:06 AM
ye.. ron really needs to be willing to get down a bit and hire someone to work with to trim down his answers.. i mean how much does it cost to hire a competent speech expert? 200k/yr?

AuH20
05-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Stossel has become much more adept at discussion about libertarianism. I remember cringing at his answers. If only Ron could be this concise. As the Cain-loving media has shown, short, precision answers are the absolute key. They don't need to have a single thread of honesty or integrity. Just make sure the idea is presentable and sounds positive.

Yea. Ron leaves too much for the imagination, which gets him in trouble. He sounds like a hippy sometimes. "Liberty, man. That's all you need." He's got to go in greater depth.

thehighwaymanq
05-14-2011, 11:11 AM
That was awesome! Props to Stossel!

Michigan11
05-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Good video, and by listening to Imus's replies, he's sort of a mirror of what Chris Matthews and many others are going through right now in their heads... "is complete freedom really possible?" That's a big change from 08' thanks to Ron pushing the envelope as he does

Dreamofunity
05-14-2011, 11:39 AM
"I use to do cocaine..."

I wish Stossel would have replied with something like this:

"Do you think it would have been better for you if you went to jail over it?"

Wesker1982
05-14-2011, 11:43 AM
I really like when Ron Paul makes the point that no one wants to put alcoholics in jail. I think it helps people see the insanity behind putting people in jail for a medical problem...

Stossel did well. Now if he just realized the number one polluter is the government :)

Bruno
05-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Stossel nailed it there.

Imus, why did you stop doing cocaine? Because you got the government said so and you are arrested and held imprisoned until you gave it up? Or did you quit on your own?

rockandrollsouls
05-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Now, imagine if Ron communicated his stance on the hot button issues like Stossel does. "Listen, I know it sounds scary." He empathizes with listeners.

Stossel did great! Awesome points. How can people not agree with that?

Jeremy
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Stossel said the government should regulate the environment and be involved with pollution control.

low preference guy
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Stossel said the government should regulate the environment

At which point did he say that?

rockandrollsouls
05-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Things like this make me laugh. So many people here are quick to throw someone to the curb because they don't identify with every single little issue they believe. Get over it.

Stossel said the government should regulate the environment and be involved with pollution control.

Jeremy
05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
At which point did he say that?

Closer to the end.

falconplayer11
05-14-2011, 12:30 PM
John Stossel and Jack Hunter are the two best spokesman for modern American libertarianism today. This was a great job by Stossel!

The Moravian
05-14-2011, 12:38 PM
"I use to do cocaine..."

I wish Stossel would have replied with something like this:

"Do you think it would have been better for you if you went to jail over it?"

That's a great point! I'd love to elaborate on that:

"How does it help a drug addict to put them in prison, taking away all these other positive alternatives, leaving them alone in a cell with their addiction. No wonder we can't even keep drugs out of the prisons! The most successful drug recovery programs say that the addict must choose for themselves to quit, no one can make that decision for them. Those who credit prison time for bringing them to their senses almost always committed other crimes to pay for their drugs."

Jeremy
05-14-2011, 01:28 PM
John Stossel and Jack Hunter are the two best spokesman for modern American libertarianism today. This was a great job by Stossel!

No way, Tom Woods eclipses them both!

low preference guy
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
No way, Tom Woods eclipses them both!

Ron and Rand are pretty good. And Judge! We have many good outspoken libertarians today.

jtstellar
05-15-2011, 09:56 AM
wait.. stossel got moved to 10pm so does that mean he was receiving good rating or bad? is later time slot a punishment?

YumYum
05-15-2011, 10:11 AM
So, which one is it? Its either one or the other.

ron really needs to be willing to get down a bit and hire someone to work with to trim down his answers

or

Ron leaves too much for the imagination, which gets him in trouble. He sounds like a hippy sometimes. "Liberty, man. That's all you need." He's got to go in greater depth.

jtstellar
05-15-2011, 07:51 PM
So, which one is it? Its either one or the other.

or

or maybe i am actually saying the same thing as the other guy, just that i left room for unintentional (or intentional) misinterpretations/sarcasm.

"trimming down" also means cutting loose unnecessary answers and just keeping to those easy to understand/hard to provide for attack ads. so you can "trim down" and "avoid wrongful imagination" at the same time. honestly, i didn't think i had to explain this.