PDA

View Full Version : Don't get discouraged! That's what the media and its owners want!

devil21
05-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Ive already seen comments on RPF today and tonite that look like resolution to failure due to today's media attacks and hit pieces. It's the first day of the campaign. Of course the media is going to hammer him/us. But there's a whole lot of campaign left and we obviously aren't the type of people that just resolve to failure. We've been told that we have the best chance against Obama in Nov 2012 so let's do our best to win this thing. The media never was our friend. We don't need them anyway.

Philhelm
05-14-2011, 02:49 AM
That's the spirit! It's time to fix bayonets and brace for impact. Fuck 'em all. Ron Paul 2012!!!

Vessol
05-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Good thread.

I'm really not understanding where all the sudden anger and disappointment is coming from. A lot of people seem upset because Ron isn't a normal politician and that he won't try to mince words ever.

devil21
05-14-2011, 02:09 PM
bump

TIMB0B
05-14-2011, 02:12 PM
If Huck's announcement today will make people forget about the attack jobs on RP today, I'll feel better.

Kotin
05-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Agreed op.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I agree. It's so early. Also, they are just slinging out the old racism card because they have nothing else. By this point, attacking RP on the Civil Rights Act is old hat. So are the newsletters. Remember when they did it to Rand? Reminder: it didn't work. And Republicans are even less likely to care about racially motivated political correctness.

The only other point they hit on is the bin Laden operation, which only threatens Paul because of their spin. Even that will wear off. By the time the primaries start, I don't think many people will care that bin Laden is dead. This race can and must be won on the ECONOMY.

Omphfullas Zamboni
05-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Good thread.

I'm really not understanding where all the sudden anger and disappointment is coming from. A lot of people seem upset because Ron isn't a normal politician and that he won't try to mince words ever.

A lot of people are still thinking of Rand Paul's victory and how he came to dominate the narrative through conventional political tactics, appealing to the typical Republican base, etc. Ron is not Rand, to the dismay of some.

SimpleName
05-14-2011, 02:31 PM
The fact that I feel like the media is "winning" is one of the few remaining things keeping me going actually. I cannot let evil, idiocy, and ignorance win. Otherwise, I am one of these discouraged folks. The media will grind Paul down to nothing. I cannot see people overlooking all the blown-out-of-proportion issues. Drugs, wars, welfare, etc.