PDA

View Full Version : Oh My--Red State Attack on Ron Paul's Candidacy

bobbyw24
05-13-2011, 09:16 PM
As for Ron Paul as a candidate, my only regret is that debate organizers will probably once again give this hypocritical anti-American crank a platform. The party’s image will doubtless be harmed by giving this fool a podium and television time so that he can explain why wikileaks is awesome, Chinese totalitarians are the in thing with the kids these days, and what the Federal government needs is more earmarks (but only for stuff expressly authorized by the Constitution like shrimp marketing research). I am 100% confident that given the opportunity Ron Paul will be complaining in no time about Bin Laden’s death on national TV because of some half-cocked constitutional theory that Ron Paul will selectively use to mask the fact that, at bottom, Ron Paul is an ally of the enemies of America.

www.red state.com/leon_h_wolf/ 2011/ 05/13/ron-paul-announces-2012-bid/

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Ironic, isn't it, that we're getting better treatment at HuffPo?

specsaregood
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Ironic, isn't it, that we're getting better treatment at HuffPo?

No. what else are red states? USSR, China....

Also, 2007 Deja Vu....

bobbyw24
05-14-2011, 05:11 AM
No. what else are red states? USSR, China....

Also, 2007 Deja Vu....

But Erik at Red State endorsed Rand

Cap
05-14-2011, 05:36 AM
The neocons feels threatened. Remember this quote?

"First they ignore you. They they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win"

Gandi

RM918
05-14-2011, 06:23 AM
The neocons feels threatened. Remember this quote?

Yeah, I remember. It was quoted incessantly in the '08 campaign and is getting play again now, although the 'stages' always seem to change.

RedState can blather all it wants about being 'Anti-American' but their Wilsonian foreign policy and their refusal to ever do anything substantial about the debt is what's going to destroy the country. I could care less about what a bunch of incompetent buffoons say who can't even stick by what they proclaim to believe, then bash the people who will do so.

Patriotism truly is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Agorism
05-14-2011, 06:30 AM
They're upset that their candidates suck.

bcmiller
05-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I found it interesting to see very similar baseless smears on both RedState and DailyKos. I am glad a place like this exists. It is like watching cartoons after seeing a scary movie just to get the images out if your head.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I remember. It was quoted incessantly in the '08 campaign and is getting play again now, although the 'stages' always seem to change.

RedState can blather all it wants about being 'Anti-American' but their Wilsonian foreign policy and their refusal to ever do anything substantial about the debt is what's going to destroy the country. I could care less about what a bunch of incompetent buffoons say who can't even stick by what they proclaim to believe, then bash the people who will do so.

Patriotism truly is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

I disagree.

They are not patriotic. If they loved this country, they would be trying to save it.

The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility and out of self-interest for himself, his family, and the future of his country to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state. -- Ron Paul
http://antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=11015

low preference guy
05-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I disagree.

If one thinks carefully about the quote, one realizes that it means those scoundrels hide behind the concept of patriotism without actually being patriots. That's what the quote implies. It doesn't talk about real patriots.

Matt Collins
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Ironic, isn't it, that we're getting better treatment at HuffPo?And Rachel Maddow was good to Rand during the primary too :rolleyes:

Lucille
05-16-2011, 11:49 AM
I read an Erickson post yesterday after Huck dropped out: "Huckabee Is Out. The Down and Dirty on Who It Helps and Hurts."

He didn't even mention RP! It really made me laugh.