PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Maddow takes note of Ron Paul's stance on Civil Right Act

jct74
05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
basically she takes 4 minutes to tells us something Ron Paul said a few hours earlier on MSNBC, a position that he has discussed many times already, even on NBC (Meet the Press) and MSNBC (Lawrence O'Donnell's show).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbLcnnXXBiY

Immortal Technique
05-13-2011, 08:55 PM
she knows what she is trying to do here.Ill be one happy man when this 2 bit station goes off the air

fuzzybekool
05-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Who is that guy and why does he have a girl name ?

Wren
05-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Anything that will get you attention, maddow. Fuck you.

Bringing up an issue of the past is irrelevant because he did not state he would repeal it. What a demagogue this woman is.

thehungarian
05-13-2011, 09:09 PM
This will be my first post on these wonderful forums. Maddow is a shit-piece.

nobody's_hero
05-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Welcome to the forums, lol.

georgiaboy
05-13-2011, 09:13 PM

welcome, TH

RonPaulFanInGA
05-13-2011, 09:13 PM
It's the same smear they attempted on Rand Paul after he won the GOP primary.

Except this time there isn't the benefit of the election only being held in Kentucky, which is both conservative and 92% white.

Shimpchip
05-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Great first post, welcome!

doodle
05-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Meh

CheezItsRule
05-13-2011, 09:21 PM
The more they do this, the more their true colors are showing. The Dems are sooo scared of Ron Paul & his message because it is really starting to resound with people ( Democrats & Independents). I expect MSNBC will go hardcore to attack Paul. So I am not surprised with any of this.

IDefendThePlatform
05-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I gotta say, having Rachel Maddow as an enemy in a Republican primary, might not be such a bad thing.

BamaAla
05-13-2011, 09:25 PM
I gotta say, having Rachel Maddow as an enemy in a Republican primary, might not be such a bad thing.

Only problem with that is a whole 15 people watch her show, and you know who they are voting for...

IDefendThePlatform
05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Only problem with that is a whole 15 people watch her show, and you know who they are voting for...

My point is, why worry about getting attacked by liberal idiots? It can really only help us with Republicans, which is what we want.

ronpaulitician
05-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Remember that you're trying to discuss the freedoms a business should have with people who AGREE with all the current non-freedoms imposed on businesses. If they can't even agree that you shouldn't have to hire new employees based on some kind of morally accepted allocation, how could we possibly expect them to even begin to grasp the concept that they should be free to choose whom to do business with?

I've actually had a conversation with someone that went like this.

Me: Okay, so what if I start a business selling knives. I make them myself. But the demand is greater than my work alone can supply. I need to hire an employee and become an employer. Can I hire my brother, or do I have to open up the field to everyone in order to be fair?

He: You have to open it up to everyone. It wouldn't be fair to just hire your brother.

As extremist as the reasoning of someone like Ayn Rand may be (and non-realistic in a world where emotions very much come into play), sometimes it's just hard to grasp how others view this world. Everyone is so ready to say how everyone else should run their lives, yet when it comes to their own lives they are complete hypocrites.

There are plenty of tax-me-more funds, but these rarely take in more than a handful of thousands of dollars, even in states with millions of residents. Rich people complaining on TV that they got a tax break. "I don't need this money. The government should use it for the poor." Okay, rich person. Go ahead and donate the extra money you received that you don't need, and that you're complaining about, to a good cause then. Each and every penny of it. And have all of your rich friends to the same. Please don't tell those less privileged than you how the system should take more from us all.

There are plenty of people decrying that it's cruel that our government doesn't provide free healthcare to all, and how dare we let people die in the streets like dogs. Yet these same people do not give away each and every penny above and beyond their most basic needs to survive. You simply can't decry suffering like that while you're at the same time spending money on coffee and chocolate. Everything is always so black-and-white when others are concerned, but it comes to them personally everything is gray.

How can we really expect these people to even be open to the idea that government should impose as few rules on businesses as absolutely possible as opposed to the current system of imposing as many rules as they can think of? Especially when the word "racism" is thrown into the mix?

ctiger2
05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
I love you Mr. Maddow!

Johnnymac
05-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Who handled the question better ron or rand, I think Ron he fucking stuck it to Chris Hard,

IDefendThePlatform
05-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I get the whole "people aren't going to change their views overnight" issue that we have. But I still like Ron tackling issues head on for two main reasons:

1) If he doesn't say it, who will?

2) He scores more points with most people by being honest and direct rather than evasive or slick. People vote with their emotions, and a strong, confident Dr. Paul like we saw today who tackles questions head on will win over the most people, IMO. People are wise to the whole "changing the subject to avoid the question" maneuver. My example would be Rand's Maddow Civil rights interview vs. Ron's Chris Matthews interview today. Ron definitely came off better, IMO.

LatinsforPaul
05-13-2011, 10:16 PM

Great and memorable first post. :D

QueenB4Liberty
05-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Yeah that is a great first post! :)

Chester Copperpot
05-13-2011, 10:31 PM

Welcome aboard

Sentient Void
05-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Rachel Maddow: Either remarkably obtuse or remarkably dishonest, as usual.

Probably both.

These idiots keep trying to frame the whole package of libertarianism and how it works and STUFF IT into this single issue, and libertarianism just isn't that simple.

TastyWheat
05-13-2011, 11:00 PM
If I was her I'd also try to take out the candidate most likely to beat Obama. :D

Echoes
05-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I cant stand this bitch (sorry, i hate using that term unless it really applies). It's just so digusting what an over-the-top Obama hack she is, and anyone who calls her 'liberal' couldnt be further from the truth.

free.alive
05-13-2011, 11:08 PM

Shit-piece! I love the first post, and I love the neologism! TH, you have created for us a classic!

TIMB0B
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6sYZxZi4qQ&feature=feedu

anaconda
05-13-2011, 11:58 PM
The only ratings she's probably had in the last couple of years was the Rand and the Civil Rights Act which, rather than exemplify any journalistic acumen, was just a hit piece that was vulnerable to being referred to wildly out of context. Which is exactly what happened and I believe she knew it would be. So she to that extent she was being deceitful and intellectually dishonest.

TIMB0B
05-14-2011, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHWnZv08nhw&feature=feedu

CUnknown
05-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Who handled the question better ron or rand, I think Ron he fucking stuck it to Chris Hard,

Yes, I think Ron did great. But it's hard to second guess Rand's resounding victory.

You know, it's sad ... to think I once thought Maddow wasn't a half-bad journalist. I've been disgusted with her even since that Rand interview. I can't honestly believe she cares so much about this issue but gives Obama a more or less free pass with all the assassinations, murder, endless war, domestic spying, etc. going on. I hope she really enjoys that paycheck of federal reserve notes.

thehungarian
05-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Is that you, TIMBOB?

ForLibertyFight
05-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Who cares what she says? The only people who watch her show are Obama sheeps

White Bear Lake
05-14-2011, 01:35 AM
The problem is the statement "Ron Paul will bring back Jim Crow!!!11!1!!111!!" will now be surfacing around teh interewebs. Maddow is only trying to get the ball rolling.

anaconda
05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
The problem is the statement "Ron Paul will bring back Jim Crow!!!11!1!!111!!" will now be surfacing around teh interewebs. Maddow is only trying to get the ball rolling.

Both Ron and Rand are on the record as vehemently opposing Jim Crow laws. As any libertarian would.