PDA

View Full Version : So, who's running the show for the campaign this time around?

RCA
05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Do we know the lineup yet?

smartguy911
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah I am curious too

RCA
05-14-2011, 12:51 AM
I guess it's going to be Educational Campaign Numero Deuce!

Austin
05-14-2011, 01:35 AM
I think it's relatively clear what type of campaign this will be. The PCC will be organizing with the intent to win, but they will have to work around Ron's stubbornness. Ron will continue to say what's on his mind, regardless of how Republican primary voters may perceive him. This campaign will be run like Rand's, but with Ron as the candidate.

That's the vibe I'm getting so far.

By the way, this is the guy running the Iowa show: http://www.yaliberty.org/yar/blueprint-for-revolution

Andrew-Austin
05-14-2011, 01:43 AM
I think it's relatively clear what type of campaign this will be. The PCC will be organizing with the intent to win, but they will have to work around Ron's stubbornness. Ron will continue to say what's on his mind, regardless of how Republican primary voters may perceive him. This campaign will be run like Rand's, but with Ron as the candidate.

By the way, this is the guy running the Iowa show: http://www.yaliberty.org/yar/blueprint-for-revolution

It will have to be an educational campaign. I say that meaning an "education campaign" and a "to win" campaign are not mutually exclusive from one another.

Fact: Ron will not pander, lie, change his views, dress them up, or anything like that.

Fact: Most people now are not libertarians and do not agree with Paul on a significant amount of things.

Therefor: Ron + the campaign + the grassroots must necessarily have to educate people, in order to change their minds, for them to even consider voting for him.

If Ron could lie or pander (which I of course don't think he should do), then this could be a regular "to win" campaign just like any other. Ron isn't a regular candidate, so this necessarily can't be a regular campaign.

Just pointing that out to all those who decry the "educational campaign".

Cap
05-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Therefor: Ron + the campaign + the grassroots must necessarily have to educate people, in order to change their minds, for them to even consider voting for him
Yes! We have to do our part. We have to try harder to educate people. This is the key. Remember, Freedom is contagious.

Carehn
05-14-2011, 07:28 AM
I am in charge of the campaign in my town and no one is about to tell me otherwise.

Austin
05-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Looks like I was right.. ;)

So, as we launch this new campaign, I pledge the following to you:

1. I will work as hard as I can and do everything in my ability to make this campaign a success.

2. We will build the strongest team we possibly can and execute the best, most professional effort in our power.

3. I will never compromise and never, ever back down.