PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Will Announce if he is Running or not Tomorrow (Saturday)

RonPaulFanInGA
05-13-2011, 06:29 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/13/huckabee-teases-decision-on-presidential-run/

Huckabee to Announce Decision on Presidential Run Saturday

Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, will announce on Saturday whether he will run for president, the producer of his show on the Fox News Channel said Friday.

“Governor Huckabee will announce tomorrow night on his program whether or not he intends to explore a presidential bid,” Woody Fraser, the executive producer of “Huckabee” said in a statement. “He has not told anyone at FOX News Channel his decision.”

Flash
05-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Would Fox really allow him to announce his presidential campaign on a Fox program? Wouldn't that violate some FEC laws or something.

zerosdontcount
05-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. They just severed their ties with Gingrich before he announced. Still not sure which way this is going though

RonPaulFanInGA
05-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Would Fox really allow him to announce his presidential campaign on a Fox program? Wouldn't that violate some FEC laws or something.

What about announcing he's not running on Fox?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703730804576321611382530384.html

Mike Huckabee's aides and his 2008 campaign chairman, Ed Rollins, have said today that Huckabee won't run. But Huckabee has countered "only Huckabee knows what Huckabee will announce."

Bruno
05-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I thought that as well. He's not running. And I couldn't be happier! :)

R3volutionJedi
05-13-2011, 08:02 PM
An endorsement than? I'm guessing Tim Pawlenty.

UtahApocalypse
05-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. They just severed their ties with Gingrich before he announced. Still not sure which way this is going though

The fact they cut Palin, and Newt for the same reason replace me he is not running

Sola_Fide
05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
He was just on Oreilly.

I think he is running.

libertybrewcity
05-13-2011, 10:18 PM
I think his initial strategy can give us some clues on if he is running or not. Is it smart to have your aides say they are somewhat clueless? Is it smart to announce on a saturday? If your aides even show they are somewhat clueless shows that you are disorganized or unprepared.

This strategy could also give everybody a nice shock and maybe more news coverage. Not really sure what to think..

nate895
05-13-2011, 10:29 PM

No. As long as they allow response from other candidates or sell him the spot as an infomercial, it's fine.

Badger Paul
05-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Given the fact its on his show and on a Saturday indicates to me he's not running. And if he's not running, Iowa and the South are pretty much up for grabs.
Here's what I think the field will ultimately be:

Paul, Romney, Pawlenty, Palin, Bachmann, Cain, Roemer, Kargas, Johnson, Gingrich, Hunstmann. Not exactly murder's row for RP.

ForLibertyFight
05-14-2011, 01:16 AM
I am praying that he has a bad dream tonight about a possible 2012 run which makes him change his mind.

If he doesn't this will be a very good news for us. Many Huckabee supporters are likely to support Paul.

I think the field will be...

Paul, Johnson, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Romney, Santorum, Cain, maybe Bachmann and others.
This is seriously doable. We CAN win.

Paulatized
05-14-2011, 07:03 AM
I think the field will be...

Paul, Johnson, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Romney, Santorum, Cain, maybe Bachmann and others.
This is seriously doable. We CAN win.

I think the establishment Republicans are trying hard to talk M. Daniels into running, his hold off is his family not wanting him too. And I know C. Christie has said he is not going to run but I think he and P. Ryan are still being kept in the wings to be dropped in and declared a front runner by the media.

jabrownie
05-14-2011, 09:44 AM
If Huck isn't running, then we need to push Dr. Paul's Christian credentials hard. That is a lot of what Huck had going for him, the evangelical right. They don't like Mitt, so they're going to be looking for an alternative, and Dr. Paul could probably persuade a lot of them over, if they knew he was a solid Christian.

Paulatized
05-14-2011, 10:42 AM
If Huck isn't running, then we need to push Dr. Paul's Christian credentials hard. That is a lot of what Huck had going for him, the evangelical right. They don't like Mitt, so they're going to be looking for an alternative, and Dr. Paul could probably persuade a lot of them over, if they knew he was a solid Christian.

It will have to be us because he (RP) is not going to do it.

rockandrollsouls
05-14-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't know much about Daniels, but he and Christie seem far better than Huck/Romney. Also, I think Ron can take 'em, so we're getting there. Forces the establishment to put forth some stronger candidates and also increases our odds of winning. Can't really complain.

I think the establishment Republicans are trying hard to talk M. Daniels into running, his hold off is his family not wanting him too. And I know C. Christie has said he is not going to run but I think he and P. Ryan are still being kept in the wings to be dropped in and declared a front runner by the media.

bobbyw24
05-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Mike Huckabee Saturdays 8 PM ET on FOX News Channel.

bobbyw24
05-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Mike Huckabee emailed a select group of advisers Friday evening to explain that he couldn't say what his 2012 plans are because of a "sworn obligation" to reveal it first on Fox, adding that "once I pull the trigger...things will get even crazier."

One source said the email appeared to have gone to roughly 10 people. Yet while it sparked widespread intrigue among political watchers, several sources close to Huckabee still remained unconvinced he will run again for the presidency, citing his approach to making a decision.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54974.html

low preference guy
05-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Mike Huckabee emailed a select group of advisers Friday evening to explain that he couldn't say what his 2012 plans are because of a "sworn obligation" to reveal it first on Fox, adding that "once I pull the trigger...things will get even crazier."

You probably should've put this part in bold as well:

One source said the email appeared to have gone to roughly 10 people. Yet while it sparked widespread intrigue among political watchers, several sources close to Huckabee still remained unconvinced he will run again for the presidency, citing his approach to making a decision.

bobbyw24
05-14-2011, 02:07 PM
You probably should've put this part in bold as well:

But it's so much more dramatic this way

Chowder
05-14-2011, 02:42 PM
God I hope he doesn't run for president. If he does we can kiss a large portion of Iowa goodbye.

Aldanga
05-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Mike Huckabee running is not the end. Doug Wead seems to believe that Ron can win Iowa even with Huckabee in the field. I believe the same thing.