PDA

View Full Version : HQ: Please use the people from this video !!!

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
HQ: why don't you use people that look and sound convincing ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

these fine people would make a great ad series, each one in one ad.

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
bump ! this video is great and hq should use this stuff !

risiusj
10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
The difference:

Actors vs Supporters

HalogenFlood
10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I like that video too. I thought it was really authentic and appealing (probably because it WAS authentic).

The new official ad does seem a bit contrived. I won't judge the campaign's decision making though. I think as the grassroots, at least on this board, we have to let go a little and let the campaign do their thing.

Karsten
10-27-2007, 03:00 PM
HQ: why don't you use people that look and sound convincing ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

these fine people would make a great ad series, each one in one ad.

The only difference between the 2 is the youtube is a long 4 minute video. So OF COURSE the youtube looks better than the official ad! But there's nothing wrong with the official ad, I think it's great! Please don't make headquarters waste their money on producing a new ad. AIR THE AD!

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I like that video too. I thought it was really authentic and appealing (probably because it WAS authentic).

The new official ad does seem a bit contrived. I won't judge the campaign's decision making though. I think as the grassroots, at least on this board, we have to let go a little and let the campaign do their thing.

yeah, this video IS authentic. maybe HQ doesn't know about it, so lets bring it to their attention. i think this video would be PERFECT for new hampshire and the midwest. you cant even compare the official ad to this wonderful piece of work.

cudos to the seattle meetup !

OptionsTrader
10-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I like the idea of a 25 second video contest with rules of no copywritten content etc, that leaves 5 seconds of the campaign to add their own intro and graphics though

maxmerkel
10-27-2007, 03:03 PM
The only difference between the 2 is the youtube is a long 4 minute video. So OF COURSE the youtube looks better than the official ad! But there's nothing wrong with the official ad, I think it's great! Please don't make headquarters waste their money on producing a new ad. AIR THE AD!

NO, hq could use every person in a different ad. they all speak for about 20-30 seconds. of course they shouldnt run a 5min piece. but everyone that speaks in this video looks honest and sounds convincing.

hell even i'd vote for the guy that runs these ads ;)