PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ron, When they throw that heroine/prostitution issue at you, just say this....

sofia
05-13-2011, 02:20 PM
ASS-CLOWN REPORTER: "So, you believe we should legalize heroine and hookers?"

RON: (roll eyes)....."I don't want to spend too much time on this because its a secondary issue, and you're just looking for a "gothcha" sound-byte....but it has always been my position that these matters belong in the states. But its not my highest priority.

We are heading towards a debt and dollar crisis and we should be talking about that...we should be talking about these never ending wars that are killing so many people and bankrupting us....the loss of our civil liberties (etc..)

Lets talk about more substantive issues....for example......"

Ron has got to put these punks on the defensive....both in interviews and in debates.?

-------------------

IDefendThePlatform
05-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I thought his response was at the debate was great. First amendment, "controversial", etc.. I don't think he wins as many points when he tries to deflect questions as when he just takes them head-on in is his usual no nonsense style.

tasteless
05-13-2011, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't be a Ron Paul supporter today if he didn't take those kind of questions straight on.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Heroines are legal. Women still have the right to be heroic.

Ending Prohibition isn't exactly an unpopular stance. They only mentioned heroin because it's still unpopular. They threw out their 'gotcha' and got got themselves.

States' rights is no small thing to be mentioned offhand. It's the cure for much of what ails us.

Gary Johnson didn't exactly knock 'em dead at the debate by criticizing the question he got instead of just answering it. Non-answers are business as usual, and our strength this year is the fact that people are sick to death of business as usual.

sofia
05-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I thought his response was at the debate was great. First amendment, "controversial", etc.. I don't think he wins as many points when he tries to deflect questions as when he just takes them head-on in is his usual no nonsense style.

Its not so much about defelcting as it is about keeping the debate focused on where Ron is strongest. He has to MAKE them talk about economics and philosophy and not get bogged down in a side show about heroine.

Kregisen
05-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Exactly. I really think Ron could've done better during the first debate on this....not because his answer was bad, but because he had the wrong objective.

If he's trying to convert mainstream republicans in believing drugs should be legal at all levels of government, he was great.

If he's trying to convince people that the federal government should have no role in it and it should be a states issue, he may have screwed up.
Now everyone thinks he as president will try to force the states to legalize drugs.

low preference guy
05-13-2011, 02:27 PM
He has to MAKE them talk about economics and philosophy and not get bogged down in a side show about heroine.

heroin. acptulsa will make fun of you.

sofia
05-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be a Ron Paul supporter today if he didn't take those kind of questions straight on.

Those questions are DELIBERATE distractions, calculated to divide people and waste his airtime. The focus has to be on economics and these wars!

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 02:28 PM
He has to MAKE them talk about economics and philosophy and not get bogged down in a side show about heroine.

The people will make the bastards talk about the economy soon enough. And...

Well never mind. Why bother going Spelling Nazi on a Hitler lover?

heroin. acptulsa will make fun of you.

Almost prophetic, but just not that much fun.

nocompromises
05-13-2011, 02:31 PM
There are many good things he could say...

"Why do you want to fill the prisons with non-violent pot smokers, so that rapist and child molesters are released early to roam the streets?"

"How about I ban all the fatty foods you eat on Thanksgiving, those strong painkillers your doctor prescribes, and all the beer you drink on Superbowl Sunday and lock you up? Or do you think the prison space would be better served to house those that are a real threat to society!"

Bern
05-13-2011, 02:42 PM
ASS-CLOWN REPORTER: "So, you believe we should legalize heroine and hookers?"...

I believe that if the people, in their infinite wisdom and through their elective representatives in their respective State governments, choose to legalize drugs or prostitution, the Federal government has no business mandating otherwise.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I believe that if the people, in their infinite wisdom and through their elective representatives in their respective State governments, choose to legalize drugs or prostitution, the Federal government has no business mandating otherwise.

I also believe that Nevada is proof positive that any reporter that speaks to a candidate for federal office about legalizing prostitution is, indeed, an asshat. And an ignoramous.

LeJimster
05-13-2011, 02:49 PM
IMHO, Ron cannot do what you say. Because he feels so strongly about individual freedom. He should not change his approach. It's his unconventional and straight talking that gets him so many fans. You can tell he's being sincere and not just giving you the political spin.

pcosmar
05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/BayerHeroin-02.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Bayer_Heroin_bottle.jpg

It was legal. And it wasn't a big problem, until the War on Drugs.
It is another Government created problem.

But you are missing the point. The FDA controls what is and is not allowable.
Big Pharma pushes much more harmful products and the FDA prohibits or suppresses a lot of useful and safer substances.
The UN is now suppressing and outlawing helpful substances (Codex Alimentarius) and Ron Paul as a Doctor and a Legislator opposes it.

He opposes it on Principle.

sarahdeez
05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I loved RP's "I dont want to use heroin..." answer.