PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Game: Will Sarah Palin endorse Ron Paul in the primary?

low preference guy
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
What do you think?

View Poll Results (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=4528)

MRoCkEd
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Doubtful, but she surprised me with her endorsement of Rand.

TheNcredibleEgg
05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I bet she endorses Cain - if he stays around.

No rational explanation to support that - but "no rational explanation" best describes Palin most of the time.

So....

Batman
05-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I doubt she will. If anyone gets a boost from her, it's T-Paw.

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Will Bachmann run? Looks like Bachmann was angling for SPs endorsement.

But at this point I don't know.

SP might yet run. Not guessing at the moment.

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 02:01 PM
I bet she endorses Cain - if he stays around.

No rational explanation to support that - but "no rational explanation" best describes Palin most of the time.

So....

No, I don't see her endorsing a TARP cheerleader and ex Fed guy. Even though she came out for TARP at one point, it really seemed against her preferences and she has been anti FEd in rhetoric at least, lately. Bachmann I could see though.

dbill27
05-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Bachman possibly if Bachman does end up running. I don't there is any chance palin will run though. We have a good chance at getting her endorsement.

Pro-Life Libertarian
06-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Well, there seems to be a rivalry between Palin and Bachmann.

trey4sports
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
50/50 chance she endorses Ron. My guess is that she will lean toward Bachmann, but if she doesn't endorse Bachmann i think she would be wise to consider Dr. Paul.

Romulus
06-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Rand benefited big time from her endorsement. I think we ought to politely ask her the same for Ron's.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
If Ron starts picking up a bunch of Tea Party endorsements, I can see it in the realm of possibility that Palin could endorse Ron.

sparebulb
06-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Other. She WILL run, then drop out. Along the way, she will do everything to undermine RP and steal his ideas and one-liners.

She MIGHT endorse RP only after he wins the nomination.

Pro-Life Libertarian
06-30-2011, 05:44 PM
We know that she won't endorse Romney, Huntsman, and Gingrich. T-Paw and Santorum are social conservatives but not Tea Party people. That leaves Cain, Bachmann and Paul. As I said she and Bachmann may be developing a rift. She probably agrees with Paul more than Cain on issues. So she might indeed endorse Paul, assuming she endorses. But Santorum isn't out of the question because he is the strongest social conservative in the field.

Cutlerzzz
06-30-2011, 05:51 PM
No, I don't see her endorsing a TARP cheerleader and ex Fed guy. Even though she came out for TARP at one point, it really seemed against her preferences and she has been anti FEd in rhetoric at least, lately. Bachmann I could see though.

Palin was also a Cap and Trade cheerleader who passed numerous spending programs in Alaska and increases taxes. She is not even close to Paul on economics, much less foreign policy.

thehungarian
06-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes she will. This has been my prediction for a while now. I had a dream about it, like a god damn seer.

Vessol
06-30-2011, 06:07 PM
When the sun sets in the east, sure.

Pro-Life Libertarian
06-30-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-YglP4clX0A

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Well guys, she endorsed Rick Perry for Governor. (Only God knows why) So, she may just endorse him for President. I hope not, but it is a possibility.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Ya know, I always find it humorous when people slam Sarah Palin on here, when I happen to recall a very popular thread several years ago in which she was a front-runner choice from this very forum for Ron Paul's Vice President. :)

Aratus
06-30-2011, 06:18 PM
when michelle bachmann garners up 250 delegates and only 250 delegates, realizes the same, and then bows out, i think because
sarah palin has her moments when she is a class act, she will throw her support to ron paul insted of dear sweet mitt romney.
sarah palin helped along rand paul's senatorial bid in a very frugal and timely manner. she also can reach out to tea party people.

rprprs
06-30-2011, 06:24 PM
When the sun sets in the east, sure.

Unfortunately...this ^

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Why would Sarah Palin endorse Ron Paul? She is a neocon of the highest order!

- She has stated the war in Iraq was our mission from God.
- She grew the size of government in Alaska.
- She has never called for an end to the War on Drugs.
- She has never called for the FED to be abolished.
- She has never called for an end to "victimless" crimes such as prostitution.
- She has never suggested ending the income tax.
- She has never talked about dramatically reducing the size of government.

Worst of all, she was willing to sacrifice any tiny bit of morality and human decency she had to run with.....

JOHN McCAIN - THE NEOCON DEVIL HIMSELF

There is no chance of an endorsement form her, because she does NOT share any of the same values as Ron Paul.

Echoes
06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
She's gonna support Bachmann or Paul, Cain is fading. The rest are establishment neo-cons, i cant see her backing any of them.

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
We know that she won't endorse Romney, Huntsman, and Gingrich. T-Paw and Santorum are social conservatives but not Tea Party people. That leaves Cain, Bachmann and Paul. As I said she and Bachmann may be developing a rift. She probably agrees with Paul more than Cain on issues. So she might indeed endorse Paul, assuming she endorses. But Santorum isn't out of the question because he is the strongest social conservative in the field.

There is zero difference between the other candidates. None of them are anything but neocons.

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
She's gonna support Bachmann or Paul, Cain is fading. The rest are establishment neo-cons, i cant see her backing any of them.

Bachmann is an establishment neocon.

- She does not support ending the war on drug.
- She does not support abolishing the IRS and replacing it with nothing.
- She has not openly stated the FED should be abolished.
- She does not support pulling out of the United Nations.
- She does not support ending victimless crimes.

She is a neocon just like the others.

Ron Paul is the ONLY freedom candidate.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
oops... removing foot from mouth. At first glance, I thought you were talking about Sarah Palin. Sorry.

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't trust Rand Paul as far as I can throw him. He is nothing like his father.

Echoes
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM

I agree, Bachmann is a neo-co. But Establishment ? Hmm..i dunno. She is perceived out there, whether warranted or not, as an outsider Tea Party type.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM

I do not, however, think you can reasonably call her a "neocon". That word is thrown around much too wildly. None of those things you mentioned makes her a neocon.

Here are the criteria that Dr. Paul laid out: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul110.html

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Before you post and start attacking me, why don't you answer the following questions...

- Why does Rand not stand up and vocally oppose the war on drugs, and call for the DEA to be abolished?
- Why does Rand not openly stand up and admit we should default on the debt, just like his father does?
- Why does Rand even entertain the idea he would vote (under certain circumstances) to increase the debt ceiling?
- Why does Rand not stand up and defend those who are in prison for victimless crimes - such as prostitution?
- Why does Rand not take a credible and ACROSS THE BOARD principled stand like his father?

Because he is a politician, who is willing to sacrifice his values to gain political support.

Unlike Ron Paul, who is not a politician (he speaks what he thinks if it hurts him or not), but is the CHAMPION of Liberty!

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
If you do not support those things, you are a neocon. You are just a big government goon, and not a small government candidate. You are also not a supporter of freedom and liberty.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't trust Rand Paul as far as I can throw him. He is nothing like his father.

Okey dokey. I do. He's doing a great job thus far. And yes, he is pretty darned close to Ron Paul on his stances.

If you are not going to like another candidate unless they reach the level of Ron Paul, you are going to be waiting a very long time. I can count on one hand the politicians I have seen that even came close to his level of integrity, honesty and principles. And I ain't a spring chicken. :p

cindy25
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
she would not endorse Cain (he is not a serious candidate) or Santorum (unless his numbers rise quickly) nor will she endorse Bachmann (they dislike each other, and it would damage her brand)
if she does not run, or runs/later quits, I think she could endorse Paul by default

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Before you post and start attacking me, why don't you answer the following questions...

- Why does Rand not stand up and vocally oppose the war on drugs, and call for the DEA to be abolished?
- Why does Rand not openly stand up and admit we should default on the debt, just like his father does?
- Why does Rand even entertain the idea he would vote (under certain circumstances) to increase the debt ceiling?
- Why does Rand not stand up and defend those who are in prison for victimless crimes - such as prostitution?
- Why does Rand not take a credible and ACROSS THE BOARD principled stand like his father?

Because he is a politician, who is willing to sacrifice his values to gain political support.

Unlike Ron Paul, who is not a politician (he speaks what he thinks if it hurts him or not), but is the CHAMPION of Liberty!

That was the path that Ron chose and on one hand, I applaud him for that. I will also remind you that I cannot remember the last bill of Ron's that ever was passed. In fact, I cannot name one. Can you? Until recent years, largely because of our economy, he was pretty much ignored by the rest of Congress. His beliefs on an issue don't seem to have had much of an impact on anyone there.

Rand approaches the task at hand in a different way. A way that I believe will make him more effective in Congress than Ron was. It does not mean that his principles are any different than Ron's and I do not think they vary much at all.

Time will tell.

nocompromises
06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Maintaining and standing up for your principles is what matters first and foremost. Getting elected, getting results, and getting bills past are secondary. If you win an election or get a bill passed, but sacrifice your principles you really LOST.

I don't care if Ron Paul NEVER had a bill past. He stood up for liberty and freedom without backing down. That is all that matters to me.

Rand Paul could get the IRS abolished, but if he sacrificed his principles doing it I would refuse to shake his hand!