PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Don't Like The Ad.....

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 02:26 PM
The ad is growing on me a bit. Let this thread die please.

*goes back to making YouTube videos*

BLS
10-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Are you advocating calling the HeadQuarters to complain??

Please tell me you're not......

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 02:27 PM
you are going to attack the Ron Paul phone lines? You people are just insane.... DO NOT WASTE THE TIME AND MONEY of the campaign. Get control of yourselves.

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 02:30 PM

I donated an assload of money. I feel my opinion should matter and that the campaign should at least listen to what the grassroots has to say.

NewEnd
10-27-2007, 02:31 PM

You guys are a bunch of fucking nit wits.

do not call the campaign headquarters

leipo
10-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I bet the campaign is looking for feedback of the video, so express you opinion on the comments section on youtube.

NewEnd
10-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I donated an assload of money. I feel my opinion should matter and that the campaign should at least listen to what the grassroots has to say.

Im sorry, donating money to a campagin does not give you the right to tie up their lines with the other 20,000 people who donated, and now feel they must flood the office, with their know-it-all movie critic opinions.

Its not entertainment, its a 30 second ad

I have read volumes on these things, and I tell you, it is not as easy as you think.

Do you quilt?
I worked in a sewing machine shop. Do you know what quilters and sewers are like?
Do you know how many there are in America?

*your* life, and *your* perceptions are much different than those of many other people. what *you * call gold, others call garbage, and visa versa.

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I bet the campaign is looking for feedback of the video, so express you opinion on the comments section on youtube.

I agree. Judging by the 3-star rating, most people don't like the ad. None of us are following Dr. Paul blindly. His message is what brings us together and that message encourages individual liberty. If the campaign does something we don't like, we should let them know! That is EXACTLY what Dr. Paul would advocate!!!

Spirit of '76
10-27-2007, 02:36 PM
They read this forums, so they clearly know that they're getting beaten up by their own supporters over this ad.

No need to waste their time and money by calling them. I assure you they already know.

centure7
10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
This is being posted all over the YouTube comments:

Donkefant (6 minutes ago) Show Hide Marked as spam +2 (Reply)
WE NEED TO CALL THE CAMPAIGN OFFICE NOW!!!

Everyone please call the office phone lines and let them know how you feel. They are not all sitting down watching YouTube.

They will never know how we feel unless we call them.

Be very polite, but also be very blunt about how this ad makes you feel.

The number to call: 703-248-9115

Please repost this yourself!

Why does more than one person have to call? This makes no sense. How about if you call and simply tell us our sentiment?

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Did you ever consider that perhaps the ad is tailored to reach a demographic that isn't already hooked on Ron Paul? It doesn't matter if his EXISTING supporters like it or not. It matters whether it attracts NEW supporters.

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I have read volumes on these things, and I tell you, it is not as easy as you think.

I know. I spend about 20 hours a week making Ron Paul videos and posting them to YouTube. I do not think we should hold back our feelings and I am disgusted that so many people in this forum try to PREVENT people from doing things. RON PAUL'S MESSAGE IS ONE OF LIBERTY! Let us express ourselves!!! Jesus Christ people!! F***ing can't stand the political correctness police.

walt
10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Why does more than one person have to call? This makes no sense. How about if you call and simply tell us our sentiment?

The campaign should run samples by us and let us pick. It should have never come to this.

centure7
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
The campaign should run samples by us and let us pick. It should have never come to this.

True, but again, why does more than one person have to call?

Thomas_Paine
10-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I know. I spend about 20 hours a week making Ron Paul videos and posting them to YouTube. I do not think we should hold back our feelings and I am disgusted that so many people in this forum try to PREVENT people from doing things. RON PAUL'S MESSAGE IS ONE OF LIBERTY! Let us express ourselves!!! Jesus Christ people!! F***ing can't stand the political correctness police.

We don't want HQ to blow a million bucks on a piece of shit ad, plain and simple.

yaz
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM

they already know we don't like it. i don't recommend we call their phones, i'd rather have them use their energy on something more productive.

Duckman
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately, with the ads coming out Monday, it's probably too late to pull them. Contracts with the TV stations have already been signed.

stevedasbach
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Ads picked by supporters typically aren't effective. You are not representative of the target audience.

walt
10-27-2007, 02:52 PM
True, but again, why does more than one person have to call?

because they haven't pulled it yet

stevedasbach
10-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately, with the ads coming out Monday, it's probably too late to pull them. Contracts with the TV stations have already been signed.

You can always swap out one ad for another. I thought I read somewhere that they were making five different TV ads.

People complained about the radio ad too, but it seems to be working. This ad may work better than we think. It not, they'll replace it with one of the others.

NewEnd
10-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Yes, let us all call teh Ron Paul office everytime we disagree with something.

Dont like Nov 5? Call teh office, and tell them they should stop it.

Dont like the ad? Call the office.

Wish Paul was pro-choice? call the office, let them know.

Thurston Howell III
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Y'all are gettin nuts. This ad is targeted to a group you know nothing about so how would you know if it's good or not?
You better start getting over yourselves, all you do anymore is fight and argue.

cmc
10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
It's just an introduction ad -- it's not meant to win over everyone who sees it, it's not meant to be controversial, and it's not even meant to make you think very hard. The idea is to make people receptive to more vigorous campaigning later.

Remember, a lot of people still turn off at first to the idea of an anti-war candidate. They need to see him as mainstream and serious first and then bring in a lot of specifics later on.

Also, plenty of people would see the blaring rock music and crowds of people prevalent in YouTube videos (I don't know yours, I'm just saying in general) as not "wholesome".

What do you think of the ads made by the ALC?
http://alcpac.com/hope_prev.html

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Admins -- please lock this thread. No advertising to call the campaign. I hate the ad, but this is not the way.

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Admins -- please lock this thread. No advertising to call the campaign. I hate the ad, but this is not the way.

way ahead of you. I edited my post.

PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE

Leslie Webb
10-27-2007, 03:11 PM
The YouTube video made by the Seattle meetup group had the same theme as this ad-- different people saying why they support Ron Paul-- and it was more effective because they were not actors.

I think Ron Paul speaking directly to the camera would be more effective. Or, insert some good clips of short lines from some of his speeches.

We need somebody to do an update of Reagan's Goldwater speech on the growth of government.

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 03:25 PM

It's people like you who I am sure won't be voting for Ron Paul in 2012. Why do I know that? Because when he doesn't eliminate the IRS by the end of his first week in office you will consider it a personal betrayal. People who are always seeing the glass half empty and ready to find fault with anything and everything 24 hours a day aren't keeping their eye on the prize. Be realistic. You didn't give your money to Ron Paul so he could entertain YOU for 30 seconds, you gave it to him to get a wider demographic interested in Ron Paul.

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 03:27 PM
The YouTube video made by the Seattle meetup group had the same theme as this ad-- different people saying why they support Ron Paul-- and it was more effective because they were not actors.

There is a thread in the official campaign forum in which someone from NH says that these were real supporters from her Meetup there. They were not actors. Maybe they were a bit overzealous and not very good actors because they aren't actually actors but they are real supporters.

walt
10-27-2007, 03:28 PM

who made you god?

tfelice
10-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Guys please try and remember who the target market for these TV ads are. Have none of you ever taken a marketing course? The ad is find and will do very well with the target market

werdd
10-27-2007, 03:30 PM
i just saw it for the first time, and it is quite bad..... they should use real supporters, not bad actors.

Geronimo
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM

I agree. I suggest making comments on youtube, which is where the campaign will most likely look for feedback.

anotherone
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Im sorry, donating money to a campagin does not give you the right to tie up their lines with the other 20,000 people who donated, and now feel they must flood the office, with their know-it-all movie critic opinions.

Its not entertainment, its a 30 second ad

Do you quilt?
I worked in a sewing machine shop. Do you know what quilters and sewers are like?
Do you know how many there are in America?

*your* life, and *your* perceptions are much different than those of many other people. what *you * call gold, others call garbage, and visa versa.

Yes! People don't seem to realize that we need new demographics. We've obviously already tapped out of the early Ron Paul supporter demographic - they kind of person who is immediately attracted to a freedom-loving candidate.

Our donation numbers this week show we are tapped out. We *desperately* need new blood. And lots of it.

This ad will help get these different types of people into the campaign. And for that it will be a wonderful ad.

DrNoZone
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes! People don't seem to realize that we need new demographics. We've obviously already tapped out of the early Ron Paul supporter demographic - they kind of person who is immediately attracted to a freedom-loving candidate.

Our donation numbers this week show we are tapped out. We *desperately* need new blood. And lots of it.

This ad will help get these different types of people into the campaign. And for that it will be a wonderful ad.

I think the loudest complaint I'm hearing is about the delivery/production, not so much about the message. I liked the message, I thought the delivery was pitiful.

JimDude
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I dont think this thread is die. Dissent and debate is essential in democracy.

slantedview
10-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I agree. I suggest making comments on youtube, which is where the campaign will most likely look for feedback.
Eh... well... I guess. Leaving comments there are more widely seen, but, oh well.

Lord Xar
10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
well, someone pointed out to me something I also feel is a HUGE NO NO..

the one guy says "I don't agree with everything he says..." <-- that is a HUGE FOOBAR!!
you should never ever downgrade yourself, without adding something very powerful aferwards and then the question begs.."why add anything negative in the first place.."

TVMH
10-27-2007, 05:41 PM

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CONSERVING RESOURCES.

That is all.