PDA

View Full Version : Any evidence of the LP party stepping up?

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Has there been any evidence, online or off, that the Libertarian Party, or any other Party is ready to step up and cull the Ron Paul support currently generated?

I haven't read any blog or news article to this effect. Not to say there isn't any forward thinking LP member out there with these thoughts. It just hasn't slapped me in the face.

Or the Constitution Party for that matter; although I am not as well versed in their political stances.

Anyone have a guess on this?

jgmaynard
10-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Of course, Steve Kubby has come out endorsing Ron in the R primary. The LP will likely be nominating their own candidate, however.

JM

speciallyblend
10-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Well im a former democrat and was registered libertarian,then i registered republican to vote for Ron Paul.If the libertarians dont step up to support Ron Paul,then you can add 3 parties to my _______ list;)

torchbearer
10-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Well im a former democrat and was registered libertarian,then i registered republican to vote for Ron Paul.If the libertarians dont step up to support Ron Paul,then you can add 3 parties to my _______ list;)

I have written many post regarding the LP as it is concerned with Ron Paul, I am a delegate to the LP national convention for 2008 and I will be voting for Ron Paul, but to think the LP can endorse a republican presidential candidate would be naive. There are by-laws prohibiting such a thing, and that law can't be changed until convention.
All libertarians support Ron Paul, and our state party is unofficially campaigning for Ron Paul. unofficially, but still, we are the backbone of his support in Louisiana.

speciallyblend
10-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I have written many post regarding the LP as it is concerned with Ron Paul, I am a delegate to the LP national convention for 2008 and I will be voting for Ron Paul, but to think the LP can endorse a republican presidential candidate would be naive. There are by-laws prohibiting such a thing, and that law can't be changed until convention.
All libertarians support Ron Paul, and our state party is unofficially campaigning for Ron Paul. unofficially, but still, we are the backbone of his support in Louisiana.

I understand, I just expected a lil more talk from the party,but i hear you

Colorado is the birthplace of the libertarian party,if im correct?

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
I understand, I just expected a lil more talk from the party,but i hear you

Colorado is th birthplace of the libertarian party,if im correct?

Thats what I expected too. At least a little feeler from time to time advertising the LP platform to RP supporters for future LP voters.

Starks
10-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Phillies is an assclown for taking pot-shots at Ron.

mport1
10-27-2007, 02:54 PM
We in the LP are ready or at least I am.

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Hmm.. I'm getting the feeling now the LP has always been here, in numbers, but dropped the name LP but keeping the idea of the lp.

If that is a representation of the LP, as a whole, i.e. not forcing LP views on others, then I am liking the platform even more.

speciallyblend
10-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Hmm.. I'm getting the feeling now the LP has always been here, in numbers, but dropped the name LP but keeping the idea of the lp.

If that is a representation of the LP, as a whole, i.e. not forcing LP views on others, then I am liking the platform even more.

;)

kylejack
10-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Torch, they can run Ron on their ticket as well. This stuff was done for Badnarik in some states.

torchbearer
10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Torch, they can run Ron on their ticket as well. This stuff was done for Badnarik in some states.

Ron would have to accept the Libertarian Nomination in order to receive it. He will have delegates voting for him from Louisiana.

torchbearer
10-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Perhaps we should all go to the Libertarian Convention next year and lobby to get Ron Paul a nomination from them, maybe we can go to all the third parties national conventions and lobby for them to back Ron.

hells_unicorn
10-27-2007, 09:01 PM
This Libertarian re-registered to back Ron Paul in the primary, and I have a feeling many others have, so I guess technically guys like me fall into the Republican party now, as scary as that may sound to my fellow party men.

Hook
10-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Probably more than half of the people on this board are LPrs or CPrs.

ronpaulyourmom
10-28-2007, 12:51 AM
While the actual party cannot endorse anybody, it hasn't stopped the former candidates of these parties from stepping up and endorsing Ron Paul in some form or another.