PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for growing Ron Paul Site

Ron Paul News
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi. My name is Alex Hammer and I am the Managing Editor for Ron Paul News (http://ronpaulnewsblg.blogspot.com/). Our site started a month ago and is doing fairly well (up to 3,000 unique visitors on our good days, less some days) but I'd like to do a bit better. I asked a few of my web savvy friends for advice, and they were split. A couple thought we had a ton of great features and a couple thought the site is too cluttered. They also recommended that we work to recruit additional bloggers.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has started or built a Ron Paul site or just has any ideas. We'll definately work to implement as many of the recommended changes as possible.

Thanks,

Alex
hscpub@aol.com

Tyler19
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Have you been getting backlinks?

Primbs
10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
The site is somewhat confusing as to organization and navigation which makes it seem cluttered.

You might try three columns with small lines in between.
It will look more organized.

As you move down the page, the lines can fade away as you post news stories.

Ron Paul News
10-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Primbs I like your suggestion. I designed the site myself and need to find a good professional web designer. How does one go about getting good backlinks?

steph3n
10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Ron Paul News,

1. you can't scrape pages from others, digg WILL ban you.
2. you need to stop embedding so many digg pages.

Bradley in DC
10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Cut the Digg mandates. If you want to have a discrete button at the end, fine, but I've gone to the site several times and close the window almost immediately with the annoying Digg box jumping out at me. Glad to see you here looking for suggestions, Alex, and welcome!

Captain Shays
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I would go with three columns. I would also link up to conservative sites tha support Ron Paul. Get Pat Buchanan's site linked up along with Lewrockwell.com

Show some links to youtube videos relative to Ron Paul but don't forget the CFR and their candidates.

Find any article you can thats negative on Guolaini, Thompson and Huckabee. Not personal attacks, but policy flaws.

Include something on the Constitution with trying to point out specific violations that modern politicians make a practice of which Ron paul doesn't.
Don't forget the federalist papers and the brutus papers

If you show articles that have DIGG links, then DIGG shoudn't get pissed off. Pat Bs and Lew Rockwells articles are easily DIGGed.

If you're going to be Ron Paul news, then your site should have every radio station and web link thats sympathetic.
I could see your site as being a Drudge style clearing house of Ron Paul friendly information.

Include a history section.

Those are my suggestions....for now. I only hope I gave you some ideas.

in peace, liberty and truth,

Captain Shays