PDA

View Full Version : Trump endorsing Paul?

tangent4ronpaul
05-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Just now on twitter...

Trump was apparently on CNBC saying he might not run and lavishing praise at RP and saying his platform was "pretty cool".

Quite the flip flop!

If anyone finds a tube, I'd be interested in the link.

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 09:08 AM
That would be pretty funny.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Instead of damning us with faint praise, they're damning us with tainted praise?

Well, at least Imus didn't endorse him.

trey4sports
05-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Well damn, i might just watch celebrity apprentice again....

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 09:27 AM

isn't it being cancelled?

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Don't do it. One should only suffer for the cause when that suffering will actually accomplish something for the cause.

MelissaCato
05-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I hope it's true. I like second chances. ;o)

tangent4ronpaul
05-13-2011, 09:33 AM
It's looking less and less like Trump is going to run. Scandal about him came out this morning concerning real estate fraud - he's being sued by 300 people right now, a poll found 68% of investors have an unfavorable opinion of him and NBC is offering him 60 million to not run and keep doing celebrity apprentice. They want an answer by Sun or Mon so they can announce their fall lineup.

Romney's also taking hits over Romneycare and then there is Huck, who likes his show but is thinking about it.

That's basically everyone that's competitive in the polls with Paul. This could be interesting...

trey4sports
05-13-2011, 09:37 AM
It's looking less and less like Trump is going to run. Scandal about him came out this morning concerning real estate fraud - he's being sued by 300 people right now, a poll found 68% of investors have an unfavorable opinion of him and NBC is offering him 60 million to not run and keep doing celebrity apprentice. They want an answer by Sun or Mon so they can announce their fall lineup.

Romney's also taking hits over Romneycare and then there is Huck, who likes his show but is thinking about it.

That's basically everyone that's competitive in the polls with Paul. This could be interesting...

Yes, this will be VERY interesting!

I think Huck and Romney will run and be our main competition.

Jordan
05-13-2011, 09:39 AM
We don't want his endorsement, so we'll probably get it.

PermanentSleep
That would be awesomely hilarious.

Sentinelrv
Where's the video for this? Maybe he really does like Ron and would be willing to endorse him after all the wrong he's done in order to fix his image.

Joseph
05-13-2011, 09:41 AM
A trump endorsement would only be effective if he was willing to spend some serious cash campaigning for Ron

Bruno
05-13-2011, 09:42 AM
We don't want his endorsement, so we'll probably get it.

I have talked to a number of people who wish he would run, so that would probably be a great endorsement in their eyes.

Agorism
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Trump and Johnson should both drop out and endorse Paul. Johnson can wait a while though.

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I have talked to a number of people who wish he would run, so that would probably be a great endorsement in their eyes.

He does poll around the 10% mark...so even if just half his supporters went over to RP, that'd be a significant boost!

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Trump and Johnson should both drop out and endorse Paul. Johnson can wait a while though.

GJ should stay in for the debates, until the end of this year. Then file his papers for NM Senate ;)

PS: Your new avatar is so fitting to your personality.

trey4sports
05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
i need muthafuckin tubez

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I saw something about this on twitter but not the actual thing. Apparently he said he thought RP was interesting 'but not the heroin part' :rolleyes:

trey4sports
05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
I saw something about this on twitter but not the actual thing. Apparently he said he thought RP was interesting 'but not the heroin part' :rolleyes:

Someone needs a refresher in Liberty 101

tangent4ronpaul
i need muthafuckin tubez

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000021840

You have to listen to a bunch about his scandal before he talks about a prez run and RP.

after they talk about RP, they don't revisit politics, so you only have to listen to about half of it.

eduardo89

Yeah if you search "trump ron paul" there are about 100 tweets like that

jct74
05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000021840

You have to listen to a bunch about his scandal before he talks about a prez run and RP.

after they talk about RP, they don't revisit politics, so you only have to listen to about half of it.

@6:43

Agorism
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
@6:43

Thanks you I just listened to Trump talking real estate for 3 minutes and I wanted to shut it off.

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks you I just listened to Trump talking real estate for 3 minutes and I wanted to shut it off.

That was enough time to listen to an entire Lady Gaga song

PaleoForPaul
05-13-2011, 10:13 AM
A Trump endorsement would actually be great. He's got high negatives, but also plenty of people interested in him.

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 10:17 AM
A Trump endorsement would actually be great. He's got high negatives, but also plenty of people interested in him.

Yeah as I said, he polls around 10%, so half of those guys going over to RP would put Ron close to 20% in polls.

ds21089
05-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Not sure about Trump, but I know this guy is endorsing him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpGIXsG2co&feature=player_detailpage#t=329s

libertybrewcity
05-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Trump just screwed himself when he went all birther crazy the other week. His support has now plummeted, and he has dropped out of the scene a little. If he was serious he would have taken a completely different approach.

LisaNY
05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Trump was given an opportunity to bash Ron and he didn't. I for one am very grateful. Thanks Don!

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Meh. Let me tell you how this smells, and you can tell me how paranoid I am.

They realize we might just get this nomination for Ron Paul, so they bring in a tool and set him to work winning over 'The Birthers' on the presumption that this is a Ron Paul voter bloc and will split our vote. Then it turns out that the fact that people love to hate him isn't enough to carry him through a year and a half of campaigning. So, how to cut their losses? Well, if everyone hates him, tell him to say nice things about Ron Paul in hopes that some of that hate will rub off on our man.

Thank you, Don Imus, for saying nasty things about Ron Paul. I, for one, am very grateful.

ValidusCustodiae
05-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Trump sucks, we don't need his halp.

Fredom101
05-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Yes, this will be VERY interesting!

I think Huck and Romney will run and be our main competition.

Everything will change in the coming months. The establishment likely has a slew of candidates they will pull out if necessary. Don't forget 08. Rudy! Oops, that didn't work, people don't like him. Fred Thompson! Oops, he inspired 0 people. Romney! Oh yeah that mormon thing. Ok, McCain, here you go, you're now the media darling. Never know what those crazy msm's will do this year.

Aratus
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Trump was given an opportunity to bash Ron and
he didn't. I for one am very grateful. Thanks Don!

he's either being a gentleman and about to plunge in,
or he's holding back and in a good mood, even so...
if trump was giving a run a 100 percentile, romney is
more likely to be marginalized. trump has his show...

Aratus
05-13-2011, 01:46 PM
did THAH DONALD seem to back up monsieurs Charlie Sheen + Alex Jones
just to see how OUR POTUS would 'game, set + match' the whole issue?

TIMB0B
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Near the end of the interview @ 11:50, Cavuto asks Paul if he'd support Trump if the Donald were to win the primary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxNNUQVrDY&feature=feedu

trey4sports
05-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Near the end of the interview @ 11:50, Cavuto asks Paul if he'd support Trump if the Donald were to win the primary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxNNUQVrDY&feature=feedu

Yeah, Ron was pretty harsh. I wasn't expecting that

johnrocks
05-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't really care for his endorsement as much as I've knocked him politically these past few weeks, I've got a good appetite but I don't care to eat that much crow.

Let's have people like Drew Carey, Tom Selleck, Rep. John Duncan or Tom McClintock endorse please, better quality without the baggage(just examples)

trey4sports
05-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Meh. Let me tell you how this smells, and you can tell me how paranoid I am.

They realize we might just get this nomination for Ron Paul, so they bring in a tool and set him to work winning over 'The Birthers' on the presumption that this is a Ron Paul voter bloc and will split our vote. Then it turns out that the fact that people love to hate him isn't enough to carry him through a year and a half of campaigning. So, how to cut their losses? Well, if everyone hates him, tell him to say nice things about Ron Paul in hopes that some of that hate will rub off on our man.

Thank you, Don Imus, for saying nasty things about Ron Paul. I, for one, am very grateful.

You are very paranoid. The GOP does not "plan" out candidates to knock Ron Paul down a peg. In fact they probably dont think Ron will do very well to start with. There is no grandiose plan revolving around the GOPs disgust toward Ron Paul.

Mallory
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
ron did well here; he also did much better with the OBL question in clarifying his views.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
You are very paranoid. The GOP does not "plan" out candidates to knock Ron Paul down a peg. In fact they probably dont think Ron will do very well to start with. There is no grandiose plan revolving around the GOPs disgust toward Ron Paul.

So, this might be why every mainstream media source in the nation has learned the word 'quixotic' over the last four years.