PDA

View Full Version : Huffington Post comments on Paul run surprisingly negative

cindy25
05-13-2011, 08:50 AM
the site is leftist but I would have thought enough Libertarians would have posted.
Ron called stooge of Koch brothers, big oil.......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/13/ron-paul-2012-campaign_n_861426.html

specsaregood
05-13-2011, 08:52 AM
It is entirely normal to hate those that expose your hypocrisy.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 08:57 AM
'Nice of you to admit at last he's a serious candidate. The notion he's anyone's stooge is laughable. If he were, he'd be all about Federal 'protection' and spending. Federal spending because the states actually do all the social work--the only reason the Federal government gives them any money for it is it gives them an excuse to take our money and take a cut for corruption. And 'protection' is a racket--a federal crime to decorate and sell a cake? This protects the corporations from you, not you from the corporations. Doesn't it?

'Stooges are either all for more corrupt fedgov in any form or unwitting. This man is neither.'

Anyone care to wager on whether it gets approved and posted or not?

SimpleName
05-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Has anyone ever read through Gawker comments? They are EXTREMELY anti-Paul. Not that Gawker is a real news site or anything, but the comments are so frickin atrocious. I lose hope in humanity.

johnrocks
05-13-2011, 05:27 PM
He's going to be attacked by the same status qua;left and right; that he was last time. I think more;or hope so; people are seeing this and will support him but this isn't a cake walk we're undertaking here, get ready for everything from " he thinks government was in on 9-11" to "he'd sell the Grand Canyon and track homes will be on the North Rim if he's elected" to be shouted,written and regurgitated just like last time.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
The notion that leftists will just love Ron Paul if he became the GOP nominee is so naive.

Southron
05-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Ron Paul=Godfather of Tea Party. Tea Party =racist. I'm not surprised.

JoshLowry
05-13-2011, 06:38 PM
The notion that leftists will just love Ron Paul if he became the GOP nominee is so naive.

Not everyone is a leftist.

The idea is that independents and progressives will be more likely to support a Paul in the General Election as opposed to a status quo Republican.

Kind of like how Rand pulled enough votes his way in a Democratic State.

Not naive at all.

Who can beat Obama? That has to be sold. CNN says it is Ron Paul.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Has anyone ever read through Gawker comments? They are EXTREMELY anti-Paul. Not that Gawker is a real news site or anything, but the comments are so frickin atrocious. I lose hope in humanity.

Wasn't that site hacked a year ago because of the idiots there?

JoshLowry
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Also: http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/hahtn/ron_paul_officially_announces_on_good_morning/c1tuslt

NickOdell
05-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Strange. Earlier today they posted an article that was very supportive of Ron Paul:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/ron-paul-and-the-love-rev_b_861399.html?ref=fb&src=sp

devil21
05-13-2011, 08:05 PM
The comments are decidely more positive for RP now.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 08:08 PM
The comments are decidely more positive for RP now.

Click the link above your post. And don't skip those comments.

cindy25
05-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Ron Paul was treated better last time, much in the same way we treated Kucinich and Gravel far better than Dodd or Hillary.

devil21
05-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Click the link above your post. And don't skip those comments.

Those were good too, but only 20 comments compared to 2000+ on the other article.

whoisjohngalt
05-13-2011, 08:19 PM
This post is gratuitous. I just wanted to finally hit 100 posts. Oh and F$@% HuffPo

JoshLowry
05-13-2011, 08:21 PM
This post is gratuitous. I just wanted to finally hit 100 posts. Oh and F$@% HuffPo

Don't say FUCK HUFFPO. You risk alienating supporters. Might as well just not say it. This was a great article. <3

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Those were good too, but only 20 comments compared to 2000+ on the other article.

Wish I could find a view count. But I don't worry about the quantity of comments, but the quality. Sometimes the best threads here die quick deaths, because a handful of people manage to say what needs to be said, and that's that.

And sometimes they get the message, 'Here you will be pwned'.

acptulsa
05-13-2011, 08:47 PM
This post is gratuitous. I just wanted to finally hit 100 posts. Oh and...

...now that it says 'senior' under my name I'll start behaving myself.

specsaregood
05-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Wish I could find a view count. But I don't worry about the quantity of comments, but the quality. Sometimes the best threads here die quick deaths, because a handful of people manage to say what needs to be said, and that's that.

And sometimes they get the message, 'Here you will be pwned'.

you were doing yeoman's work on that site. good comments, +followed

KurtBoyer25L
05-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't know, it actually surprised me that a few of the top-highlighted comments are so very pro-Paul. We're after individuals, not the howling mob.